What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance site down  (Read 3653 times)

redwright

Sundance site down
« on: March 02, 2007, 03:41:36 pm »
Okay -- the Sundance dealer is telling us that the Bahia is much the same as the Caspian.

We are going to wet test it tomorrow at 10:00 AM! (yikes) But since I can't go LOOK at it -- or their warranty etc. Does anyone have an opinion on this comparison?

I know for the most part you don't like to give out your opinions too strongly around here.  

*she laughs*

Red

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance site down
« on: March 02, 2007, 03:41:36 pm »

Chris_H

Re: Sundance site down
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 03:47:25 pm »
I think the Bahia is better than the Caspian.  It is a 2006 spa though as they changed the name this year.

anne

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 03:48:41 pm »
Dont know how much this helps, but here Google's Images for Sundance Bahia:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=sundance+bahia&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2
Dance like nobody's watching

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 03:59:28 pm »
I think they are very similliar models.  Both offer 2 pumps, similliar number of jeets and seating arrangements. The bahia is 3 inches bigger.

The bahia has, I think has  more contoured seats, where the caspain had just a *bit* of open seating.  One isn't necessarly better than the other.  Juut a bit different. There is slightly different jetting, but these tubs,  I think have more in common than not.   These are both decent companies, so I think the wet test should make your decsion.

I am looking forward to hearing what you thought Redwright.  :D
07 Caldera Geneva

redwright

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 04:04:28 pm »
A big "thank you" to all three of you!

I wanted to take a look at the jet configuration -- and the link above helped! (as did your comments.)

The thing we loved about the Caspian was the six jets around the foot dome. The Bahia still has only four and then the one on top (so far we haven't liked this configuration.)

Yeah, I'll check in after the fact. And I think by Monday we will have reached a decision. So then I'll quit warbling!

Thanks!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 04:04:50 pm »
here's the caspian:

And here's the Baha

07 Caldera Geneva

redwright

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 04:08:35 pm »
Yeah .... I'm 90% sure that we're going to stick with the Caspian. Foot jets!  Who'd a thought it! We love 'em.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 04:11:39 pm »
REd,

The foot jets sold my wife on the tub.  ;)

I love my caspain, but I never wet tested the Bahai. (It wasn't filled, and I was already msotly  "sold" on the Caspian). Keep an open mind, wet test, and go with the one that fits you best. (cough - capsian- cough)  ;) Hoenstly though, in the pics above, the Caspain photographs better. But don't let that distract you.

Good luck. Have a nice weekend!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 04:14:38 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 04:33:02 pm »
Yeah .... I'm 90% sure that we're going to stick with the Caspian. Foot jets!  Who'd a thought it! We love 'em.
red,

Because foot jets are so important for you, if there is a MasterSpas dealer close, please wet test the LSX or LSX700...those MasterBlasters are outstanding.  If an MS dealer isn't convenient, then it sounds as if the Caspian is the winner.  Good luck with your search!
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 04:33:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42