What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!  (Read 17874 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2007, 01:44:53 pm »

Very nice drewstar.

http://www.calderaspas.com/About/30anniversary-winner.html

Having read that, I realize how much better his entry was than mine, I find myself hating Drewstar less and may give him his 1000 posts back.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2007, 01:44:53 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2007, 01:48:46 pm »
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, you took my posts away?  :-[     ;D

I'm sorry that you did not win Wm.  Honestly. Dont' get me wrong....I'm thrilled that  I did,    :D   but honestly, I was hoping someone from this forum would win. If you want, (and are willing to bring beer) I will let youcome over and you can LOOK at my new tub.    ;)

« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 01:49:17 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2007, 01:50:19 pm »
WOW!!!!  MUCHOS CONGRATS DREWSTAR!
Glad to see all those years of watching Carson, Leno and Letterman are paying off for you!

Actually, you are by far more entertaining than "those other guys"!  Keep us laughing.... 8-)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2007, 07:36:29 pm »
Many congratulations drew!  You'll have to post up some pics for us when you get it all installed :)

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2007, 11:24:21 am »
Well deserved Drewstar!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2007, 11:26:02 am »
thanks matt, thanks karl.  Thanks Dogs....hell thanks everone for the very nice words.   I appreaciate all the well wishes. :D

I'll extend my offer to everyone:

IF you are willing to bring beer, you are more than welcome to come over and LOOK at my new spa when it's installed. (no touching!)

ok, on second thought.....everyone jump in.  8-)

:) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 11:27:53 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2007, 11:53:38 am »
thanks matt, thanks karl.  Thanks Dogs....hell thanks everone for the very nice words.   I appreaciate all the well wishes. :D

I'll extend my offer to everyone:

IF you are willing to bring beer, you are more than welcome to come over and LOOK at my new spa when it's installed. (no touching!)

ok, on second thought.....everyone jump in.  8-)

:) :) :) :)

I was going to add that I shower every day, and will wear my "in public" suit.  Your in Mass. right?  I've never gone there on purpose.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2007, 12:17:54 pm »

I was going to add that I shower every day, and will wear my "in public" suit.  Your in Mass. right?  I've never gone there on purpose.

Ahhh come on. It's not that bad.   ;)  It's not like we're talking Ohio.... ;D :D ;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 12:21:28 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2007, 12:27:16 pm »

Ahhh come on. It's not that bad.   ;)  It's not like we're talking Ohio.... ;D :D ;)

I should have said on pleasure rather than on purpose.  I've spent a lot of time up there on business.  I only have two negative things to say about it, and they are about Boston.

1. Boston is the worst town to drive in, I'll take Chicago or NY anyday.

2. Boston Radio Traffic reporters have their own names for streets and it is secret information from visitors.    I was there once and their was a hazardous chemical spill on "The Van Ryan"  Try finding the Van Ryan on any Hertz map.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2007, 12:46:45 pm »

I should have said on pleasure rather than on purpose.  I've spent a lot of time up there on business.  I only have two negative things to say about it, and they are about Boston.

1. Boston is the worst town to drive in, I'll take Chicago or NY anyday.

2. Boston Radio Traffic reporters have their own names for streets and it is secret information from visitors.    I was there once and their was a hazardous chemical spill on "The Van Ryan"  Try finding the Van Ryan on any Hertz map.

That is true. And amazingly, we take great pride in the fact it's a nightmare. Go figure.   A few years ago a local TV station did a report on all the mis labled signs. it was amazing. half the street signs giving directions (Rt 90, next right" ect) were wrong.

As far as roads go, yup.   And if you really want to get confused, drive rt 128, which is actually 93 south, but 95 north, unless you're on the south shore, then it's 95 North, 93 South, but you're actually still on Rt 128. ;D YOu may also want to stay away from the tunnel.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 12:47:56 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2007, 01:03:14 pm »

;D YOu may also want to stay away from the tunnel.  ::)

Ahh, the Calahan and Sumner tunnels.  I have three memories of them.  

My first time in Boston, I flew into NY Laguardia for a "in and out" trip.  No baggage, and no cash, did everthing with credit card.  Ended up in Nashua and drove back to Boston, came through the tunnel and saw the toll booths (back then they had them inbound)  I went to the automated exact change booth, blew through it and dumped the car at Hertz and ran to my plane.

2nd time I had rented a brand new Pontiac Firebird (I think this was '84)  It had a 4 cylinder and wouldn't idle with the AC on. It was Sept and 95F and I was in a jam in that tunnel.

Third time was coming in eastbound on the Mass Pike (90) and trying to merge across 5 lanes to get to the tunnel exit. (Term's 50 cal should be required.)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 01:04:37 pm by wmccall »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2007, 01:06:44 pm »

My first time in Boston, I flew into NY Laguardia for a "in and out" trip.  No baggage, and no cash, did everthing with credit card.  Ended up in Nashua and drove back to Boston, came through the tunnel and saw the toll booths (back then they had them inbound)  I went to the automated exact change booth, blew through it and dumped the car at Hertz and ran to my plane.

2nd time I had rented a brand new Pontiac Firebird (I think this was '84)  It had a 4 cylinder and wouldn't idle with the AC on. It was Sept and 95F and I was in a jam in that tunnel.

Third time was coming in eastbound on the Mass Pike (90) and trying to merge across 5 lanes to get to the tunnel exit. (Term's 50 cal should be required.)

Oh those are great compared to the new harbor tunnel (The Big Dig) where the ceiling comes crashing down. :P

07 Caldera Geneva

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2007, 01:14:17 pm »

I think drewstar may be referring to the "new" Ted Williams Tunnel that we from the South Shore take.  Thats the tunnel that had the ceiling panel fell on a car resulting in a fatality.

I'm only about twenty miles outside of Boston and I don't know what the Van Ryan is.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2007, 01:18:10 pm »

I think drewstar may be referring to the "new" Ted Williams Tunnel that we from the South Shore take.  Thats the tunnel that had the ceiling panel fell on a car resulting in a fatality.

I'm only about twenty miles outside of Boston and I don't know what the Van Ryan is.

Van ryan stumped me too.

Maybe it was an asian radio annoucer and Wm heard "Van Ryan" when actually they were reporting a mini van lying across the road...?

07 Caldera Geneva

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2007, 01:22:06 pm »

Van ryan stumped me too.

Maybe it was an asian radio annoucer and Wm heard "Van Ryan" when actually they were reporting a mini van lying across the road...?

;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2007, 01:22:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42