What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Some questions for you wiser folks....  (Read 17351 times)

Reese

Re: Some questions for you wiser folks....
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2007, 06:09:46 pm »
The Minnetonka store is not far from me.  It used to be a branch of an Iowa HS dealer, I don't know if it still is (haven't been there since we last shopped for a tub, a couple of years ago).  I assume their east Metro store is the main location, because the Minnetonka location didn't appear to have much service capability, but the manager at the time was a nice, low pressure salesperson.  They have access to a lot of used tubs through their Iowa franchise, if money is an issue and you are interested in going that route.  I had the impression that their prices were on the high side, but didn't negotiate to find out what the bottom line was.  Valley also has a store in Burnsville, or at least used to.  I've heard good things about them, and I really like the product they carry, but I don't have any personal experience to report.  There are only a couple of dealers that I came across that I would steer you away from, but I'd just as soon not do that in the public forum, nor take the time to talk about brands/dealers that aren't of interest to you.  Feel free to PM me if your search widens.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2007, 06:09:46 pm »

Pathfinder

« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2007, 06:19:24 pm »
There are happy owners of just about every brand.  With all due respect to Orangepeel and Pacific, I wouldn't search out a spa just because of one positive post.  Previous threads of "Which brand should I look at?" have brought out laundry lists of spas, all of which are worthy of consideration.  IMO, you are much better off to look at the dealers/brands in the area, and narrow it down from there.  What part of the Twin Cities are you located in?

With all due respect Reese, Pacific  has been producing tubs for over 30 years  and will match the quality of any tub on the market. Just because you havent heard of them is no reason for others not too try them.   pacificspas.ca
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 06:20:09 pm by Pathfinder »

Reese

« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2007, 06:21:17 pm »
The Pacific Spa dealer is in Maple Grove on 16445 County Rd   Second Wind Exercise
They were a Jacuzzi dealer the last time I was in six months ago.  I don't know if Pacific is an additional line or a replacement.

Reese

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2007, 06:36:22 pm »
With all due respect Reese, Pacific  has been producing tubs for over 30 years  and will match the quality of any tub on the market. Just because you havent heard of them is no reason for others not too try them.   pacificspas.ca
Sorry Pathfinder, I wasn't dissing Pacific, rather suggesting that if Red expands her list every time a single recommendation comes in, she will never get to the end of the shopping experience. :-/

Pathfinder

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2007, 06:52:24 pm »
I do see your point that respect

redwright

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2007, 12:38:44 pm »
Well, we wet tested two spas last night and now I know what we DO like and what we don't!

We tested the Hot Spring Envoy (No Prodigy filled)  and the Tiger River Caspian. And both of us were under-impressed with the lounger and both of us adored the foot dome in the Caspian. A.Lot.

We were also quite happy with the dealer. Informative and not pushy. He seemed genuinely concerned with what we were looking for. Talented guy.

Back at it tonight ... I'll report back (although I know this is only exciting to me!!) What a blast!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2007, 12:44:22 pm »
What's on the line up for tonight?  :)
07 Caldera Geneva

redwright

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2007, 01:09:59 pm »
Well, here's the skinny.  :)

Tonight we are testing the Vita Spa Nuage and Fontaine.

After that -- I have the following earmarked:

Coast Spa - Bahama
Sundance - Chelsee

Marquis and Bullfrog have no foot domes and the Pacific "dealer" is no longer carrying spas. Hm. CalSpa has a model with a foot dome .... but the dealer here really put us off. So that will be last.

And just so no one shouts at me  ;) we are evaluating the dealers along with their spas! Time in business, service, attitude. FUN!

That will be it until the weekend. The hubby goes back on stage after two dark days each week.

Red

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2007, 11:36:38 pm »
Marquis doesn't have a foot dome (at least not the Epic) but it does have 2 seats where you can enjoy a very good foot massage.
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2007, 08:28:49 am »
With the Minneapolis Homeshow this weekend, stop by and look at everybody, but beware, it's like a feeding frenzy in there.

redwright

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2007, 09:12:30 am »
Oooooooooh. Home Show! Eeeeeee. I've never been. I may just brave the crowds -- and not just for the spas!

We sure were not impressed with the Vita Spas (or the salesman) We wet tested the Nuage (TOO BIG & NOISY!!) And then we tested the Fountaine - which seemed to have all this undirected power but no real comfort. And although they both had the foot dome, theirs have a "volcano" on top. We didn't like it.  

And they were "foamy." Can anyone explain that phenomenon to me?

The salesman was not very informed, a little vague and then at the end he pushed. And ...... we are mules.

Next is Sundance. But they're gonna have a hard time getting our focus off the Caspian. We really liked that spa. Quiet, clear, powerful enough ... but also easily modulated. And the sales & service at that dealership seems great.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2007, 09:16:13 am »
Rightwing, did you get a chance to test the Chelsee last night? I'm curious on how you liked it compared to the Caspian.  :)
07 Caldera Geneva

redwright

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2007, 09:24:33 am »
We're in the middle of a snow storm here.  >:( And now the husband's show is back up and running ... so we won't get a chance to do any more *research* until the weekend during the day.  Unless performances get cancelled! (I'm horrible -- he gets paid either way!)

Is it kosher to ask about price on here? I think the Caspian is being offered at a really decent price .... but what do I know.

:)

GOOD MORNING!!

Red

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2007, 09:29:53 am »
We're in the middle of a snow storm here.  >:( And now the husband's show is back up and running ... so we won't get a chance to do any more *research* until the weekend during the day.  Unless performances get cancelled! (I'm horrible -- he gets paid either way!)

Is it kosher to ask about price on here? I think the Caspian is being offered at a really decent price .... but what do I know.

:)

GOOD MORNING!!

Red

Talking price is legit. Although sometimes frustrating.  Dealers report different prices by region and thier overhead and operating exspenses differ greatly. So a Caspian in Boston might be different than a Caspain in Baton Rouge.   And ...are you ready for a shock?  Even different dealers in the same area can vary.  So it's wise to shop around.  When comparing tub prices keep in mind the whole deal

-lifter, cover, steps,  delivery, ozinators.

I picked my 05 Caspain for 7000 +tx. That includedsteps. cover lifter,  delivery and O3.   I was shooting the crap with my dealer the other day, and she mentioned the 07's are going out her door for around $7500.  So, for what it's worth, there are some data points for you.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 09:38:37 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

redwright

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2007, 09:49:51 am »
Well, I did call another dealership that is slightly outside our area (like around 2 hours) and his price was just a little higher.  But we LIKE these guys in town. And they've been in business for a long time. HUGE points in their favor.  They are asking $7,250 ... and that includes everything. This is an '06 model.

The Sundance is really the only one we are still set on testing. The others we'd talked about do not have the options we have discovered we like. The Coast dealer didn't even know his Bahama spa HAD a foot dome. But two things -- its too expensive AND the "volcano" feature in the foot dome (Vita had this) was not to our liking either. The dealer actually said, "Well, you only buy one spa in your life ...." Huh?  :o Wow ... and that's a reason to hock the kids?  

Anyone in the area..... go see "Act a Lady" at Illusion Theatre. My old man got great reviews this week. He's a 6'3" pure-d HAM!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2007, 09:49:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42