What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Copper sulfate  (Read 7432 times)

Trenden

Copper sulfate
« on: February 28, 2007, 05:56:47 pm »
Does anyone here use copper sulfate instead of the standard water treatment options?  I know from my days with a fish aquarium that it’s used to treat certain fish parasites but didn’t know it is used for hot tubs.  

A dealer I spoke to makes it sound like the best thing since sliced bread.  He claims to have almost all his customers on it and the only thing you need to do in addition is a weekly shock.  He opened a bottle so I could take a whiff and it has absolutely not smell whatsoever.  It’s also very inexpensive.  Sounds fantastic!  But is it too good to be true???  Any experience with this option?

Hot Tub Forum

Copper sulfate
« on: February 28, 2007, 05:56:47 pm »

Micah

Re: Copper sulfate
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 06:39:50 pm »
As a sanitizer copper ionatzation kills far more types of bacteria than chlorine.   I have used it with several customers.  We put several friends / customers on a ion system that creates copper sulfate.  It works incredibly well,  but it is also very difficult to keep up.  you need to have between 0.2 and 0.5 ppm of copper.  If you get to much copper in the water (over 1.0 ppm) the entire spa will be stained green.  Hair and bathing suits will also be stained green.  I have several customers that swear by it.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 08:52:58 pm »
I think it's also an ingredient for making meth.  I figured this one out when I had tweakers coming in asking for specific ingredients of pool chemicals.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 01:17:46 am »
I think it's also an ingredient for making meth.  I figured this one out when I had tweakers coming in asking for specific ingredients of pool chemicals.

Wow, I never heard of putting this stuff into a spa before. Very interesting.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 01:17:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42