What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A Couple of HS Vanguard Questions  (Read 4947 times)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: A Couple of HS Vanguard Questions
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 02:29:03 pm »
Maybe there have been price increases or maybe New England is higher but the J-365 is priced at $8,000 at my nearest Jacuzzi dealer in North Attleboro, MA and models below it are less by $500 increments. $7,000 for the J-365 would have interested me but at $8,000 I think I would rather have the HS Vanguard. I appreciate your info though. The J-300 series do look nice.
                                                                              Bruce
Your welcome.

That doesn't surprise me that there is that big of a difference in price from MO to the east cost. I wish the best in your quest for spatopia.
Keep us updated,

Chad
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 03:00:11 pm by WHY_NOT »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 02:29:03 pm »

shabba34

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 02:52:35 pm »
I sell Vanguards w/cover, cover cradle, FW III cd ozone, 32" double wood or plastic steps, 220 sub-panel, delivery and set up, chemical start-up kit ranging from 8500.00 - 9500.00 depending on what part of the country I'm in.  Sounds like the pricing you've been quoted are in line.  Hope that helps.

brnelson

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 04:08:56 pm »
Thanks PKUD. It does help. I'll be making a decision this week.  

One additional question. How would the electric hook-up be handled. I have an outside electrical outlet a few feet from where the hot tub will be. From what I understand, the hot tub must be hard-wired for electric. The ground is frozen now and covered with an inch or two of snow. I guess that means I would have to wait a month or so to have it delivered. The hot tub will be on a 10' by 10' section of concrete patio I had poured last summer. In that section the concrete is 6 inches thick with re-bar rods for reinforcement.
                                                                 Bruce

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 04:33:51 pm »

One additional question. How would the electric hook-up be handled. I have an outside electrical outlet a few feet from where the hot tub will be. From what I understand, the hot tub must be hard-wired for electric. The ground is frozen now and covered with an inch or two of snow. I guess that means I would have to wait a month or so to have it delivered. The hot tub will be on a 10' by 10' section of concrete patio I had poured last summer. In that section the concrete is 6 inches thick with re-bar rods for reinforcement.
                                                                 Bruce
Codes vary, but typically the 220 must be atleast 18'' below grade. The electrician will have to run it from your main panel. Depending on the distance between the tub and panel, cost can get rather expensive. It's not unlikely one would have to pay $1000. There will have to be a disconnect in sight from in the tub that is atleast 5 ft away but not more than 15ft. Also your general gfci outlet that is a few feet from your tub, has to be a minimum of 10ft away but not further than 20 ft and it must be no higher than 6'6''. Some inspectors will let it slide if it's closer than 10 ft but I would definetly make sure it's atleast 5 feet away. It really depends on what kind of mood they are in. Some go strictly by the book and others don't. Of course you only have to worry about all this when you get ready to sell your house and you could always just take the tub with you. :)
Your patio is more than efficient enough to handle a tub. Most manufacturers only require a 4'' slab, so you're good to go. All you need now is some warm weather. 8-)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 05:13:58 pm by WHY_NOT »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 04:58:17 pm »
Thanks PKUD. It does help. I'll be making a decision this week.  

Bruce

Get a copy of the hook-up instructions from the dealer and take a glance, ti should be pretty striaght forward IF you take a few minutes and look it over. The Hot Springs deal will actually include the subpanel since it separates the heater breaker from teh pumps and isn't a standard box. If you go that route and you're getting a quote make sure the electrician doesn't add that to his quote.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

brnelson

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 05:59:34 pm »
The electric outlet in the back yard was from our old above ground pool which was taken down a couple of years ago. The outlet is set about a foot and a half above ground level in concrete (I used an inverted 5 gal pail for the form). I had dug a trench probably a couple of feet down from the house and the electrician used plastic conduit pipe for the wire. He continued the conduit pipe up my house foundation and stopped where he drilled a hole through the wood siding. He attached this to a separate circuit at my basement circuit box. Can any of this be used for the hot tub?
                                                                                   Bruce

cburk0677

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 11:57:36 am »
Not sure what part of the country you are in but I'm in Indianapolis. My wife and I bought a Vanguard 2006 in December of 2006. We got the sterling marble interior and coastal grey cabinet, everwood steps, cover cradle lifter, cover, startup chemicals, delivery, etc. We paid $8200 out the door, this included all taxes.

Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 12:00:48 pm »
That sounds like a year-end sale.

Was the tub a floor model?

BTW - welcome to SpaTopia, may you soak long and prosper.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

brnelson

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 12:44:38 pm »
Thanks cburk0677. That does sound like a good price. Over $700 less than my deal with taxes. I am in Rhode Island by the way.
                                   Bruce

dunerunner25

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 01:16:23 pm »
California must be a very competitive market because my Grandee was less than that out the door bran new.  I got a great price but I also went into the dealer buying 2 spas at once.  If you can find a friend or family member who wants a spa... this is a great way to do business and get the lowest price.  Go to all the HS dealers in your area and SHOP AROUND and WET TEST!!!

cburk0677

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 01:20:26 pm »
Hi, yes it was considered a year end deal. It was not a floor model but it was the last Vanguard in that color interior that they had in stock.
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 01:45:03 pm »
California must be a very competitive market because my Grandee was less than that out the door bran new.  I got a great price but I also went into the dealer buying 2 spas at once.  If you can find a friend or family member who wants a spa... this is a great way to do business and get the lowest price.  Go to all the HS dealers in your area and SHOP AROUND and WET TEST!!!

That really does work but is rare. A couple years back a guy was pushing for a special deal. After haggling the boss said $5500 minimum but the guy said $5000 max; there was no compromising so he walked (the $5500 price was really a good price). Two weeks later he called and asked if he bought 2 could he get the $5000 deal for each and was told yes. Sure enough he came in with a friend, they each bought the spa and he got the price he wanted. The reason I know/remember is I went to his house because it was a VERY tricky delivery and sure enough, it was about a $2mil house (he didn't get rich throwing money away I guess).

If you can get the 2-spa specials, year end closings, floor models, scratch and dents and even barely used spas you can sometimes get much better deals.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 01:45:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42