What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Please help with my hot tub anxiety...  (Read 1563 times)

snackcakegirl

Please help with my hot tub anxiety...
« on: February 26, 2007, 11:05:44 am »
My husband and I bought our Hot Spot hot tub in early November for our cabin and we absolutely love it.  We have yet to refill it because we have been so busy that we haven't been able to get to the cabin in a month.

A couple questions:

1.  We use the hot tub on average 2 weekends a month (with the exception of February), 2-3 times in that weekend.  The water has always been clear.  How often should we change our water for that type of usage?  Right now it is over 4 months since we have gotten the tub.  We plan on changing it this weekend.

2.  We have not been to our cabin in over a month.  We left the temp on 80 but I am worried the chemicals are so off that we damaged the hot tub.  Could we have possibly damaged it?  

We spent a lot of money for this tub (well, what I think is a lot) and I am nervous that we ruined it or aren't treating it correctly.  Please alay my fears :)

Hot Tub Forum

Please help with my hot tub anxiety...
« on: February 26, 2007, 11:05:44 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Please help with my hot tub anxiety...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 11:11:47 am »
My husband and I bought our Hot Spot hot tub in early November for our cabin and we absolutely love it.  We have yet to refill it because we have been so busy that we haven't been able to get to the cabin in a month.

A couple questions:

1.  We use the hot tub on average 2 weekends a month (with the exception of February), 2-3 times in that weekend.  The water has always been clear.  How often should we change our water for that type of usage?  Right now it is over 4 months since we have gotten the tub.  We plan on changing it this weekend.

2.  We have not been to our cabin in over a month.  We left the temp on 80 but I am worried the chemicals are so off that we damaged the hot tub.  Could we have possibly damaged it?  

We spent a lot of money for this tub (well, what I think is a lot) and I am nervous that we ruined it or aren't treating it correctly.  Please alay my fears :)

1) sounds about right

2) Damaged it? Nah! I'm not a bromine fan in general but I think your situation asks for that method to be used. Either way, when you return after a long stint like that I would shock it with MPS, or dichlor preferably (even if you use bromine) and leave the cover open with pumps running for 20 minutes to off-gas. You should be good to go when the temp gets back up.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Please help with my hot tub anxiety...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 11:11:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42