What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: This should start a discussion  (Read 6784 times)

Spiderman

Re: This should start a discussion
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 08:55:48 pm »
Someone has way too much spare time.  This really should be in the BS section.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 08:55:48 pm »

Pathfinder

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 09:04:08 pm »
Icynene is an awesome product  which  marquis to my understanding has only been using  for the past little while    good switch  though to take a page from the Canadian tub builders like Beachcomber and Pacific who have been around for over 30 yrs

Ah the internet is there anything you cant find??

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 09:09:36 pm »
spa tech,

this is the foam that is used by Marquis and well you can read it for yourself....this is taken from the foam makers web site

If they'd had some small blurb on that the other comment would have made more sense. I just wasn't sure which side needed to be explained better.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007, 09:40:16 pm »
I was just goin' to ignore you(as that's what a comment like yours deserves) but I couldn't resist. Don't you find it kind of strange that you're the only one who feels this way so far? I think what needs to be in the BS forum is you. You can go run along and play now, maybe someone will follow.

Btw, real men make direct criticism. They don't use words like "someone". Just come on out and say it. You're not gonna hurt my feelings, I promise.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 09:52:08 pm by WHY_NOT »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2007, 09:58:58 pm »
I must say its a lot of work to dig something like this up or I would think it would be.
Not very much work at all.
I wasn't lookin' for it. I stumbled upon it when I was doing a google search for Proclear Ozonators.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2007, 11:01:21 pm »

I make those judgements around here!  Bucking for my job?

Look at it this way.  You know how they invented the concept of midnight basketball? It kept the teenagers out of trouble and off the streets.  If you could see the list of dealers in this thread right now, you would understand the comparison.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 10:38:49 am »
You know, this is a subject that has moved me to respond. These side by side comparisons are a dime a dozen. I see them in many different industries. Its a sells tool. For anyones information, you can take just about any product and cross compare them and show big differences. Most of your major manufactures make very good products. If they didn't, they would be long gone. I don't own a Hot Springs but I think they make fine products, as does Marquis,Beachcomber,Sundance,Pacific and on and on. This is what drives the industry to make better and better products. You must consider all things when buying a tub. I won't list them but you know what these are. You can nit pick Chevy and Ford and Lexus all day long but at the end of the day you will know which one you like. It maybe just the sales person that did it. I have seen a change in selling from dealers not attacking others and selling their product as it is. Don't worry about you getting the perfect tub. Its not out there. Get the one you feel good about.  ;) Bill, your sig line, made me lol. ;D I did a bunch of comparison shopping over the weekend Click to see what I was shopping for. http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r2/galen1115/CTS08.jpg
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 10:48:48 am by galen »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2007, 11:12:22 am »
I did a bunch of comparison shopping over the weekend Click to see what I was shopping for. http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r2/galen1115/CTS08.jpg
Very nice! 8-)
Is that the color you're leaning towards? I like it!

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2007, 11:20:59 am »
Hmmm, Chad the car show is coming to KC next week. And they will have the CTS-V their also. Which has the corvette Z06 engine in it. You have to file a flight plan to drive it! I'm going to just see the V. But the colors are not set until production starts. Thats not red. You should see the Mica. OMG. Did you notice they are bringing back CHROME? You know what I like the most? It doesn't look Euro, it has its own look. You like it or you don't. Sorry I high jacked. Back on subject of Hottubs, you can compare all day long and still find something just as nice around the corner.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 11:24:40 am by galen »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 12:01:28 pm »
Here's my baby. It's the same color as my tub's shell. :)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2007, 12:35:56 pm »
Comparisons can be skewed to favor the one doing the comparison, of course.

I recently heard a radio advertisement compairing cars. The bottom line was that Acura and Toyota don't offer 17" alloy rims, nor do they offer some sort of special stain-resistant cloth seats. Chrysler does.

Of all the things to NOT make a buying decision on, 17" alloy rims and stain-resistant fabrics are not going to be high on my list.

Same with some of the most-agrued-about items here on this board.

Go with things like comfort, performance and style. Notice that you really can't put any of those items on a comparison chart, you really have to decide on those for yourself.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2007, 12:35:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42