What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: To the Dealers...  (Read 2293 times)

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
To the Dealers...
« on: February 24, 2007, 02:56:57 pm »
Honestly, how's business right now. I don't mean, "well it's winter and we're very slow" I'm talking campared to years past at this time.

Business for us (and others in my area) is so outrageously slow that I'm beginning to worry about my job security and/or considering a change.

So, my question is, how are things going for you. PM me if you don't want to discuss publicly.

Also if anyone hears of any outside sales positions in the industry with a eastern midwest territory please PM me.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 02:57:46 pm by d1chairmanII »

Hot Tub Forum

To the Dealers...
« on: February 24, 2007, 02:56:57 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: To the Dealers...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 03:18:37 pm »
I'm not a dealer but I'm curious as to what brand(s) you sell? If you don't want to share that's obviously ok, I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 03:26:07 pm »
February is always our slowest month.  We just had our best January ever, I believe I'm at about 6 for this month.  We ain't setting the world on fire, but we're doing OK.  Middle of April is when things get hopping around here.

Sorry to hear business is slow.  PM me as I might have something of interest to you, but it would involve some travel.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 03:41:58 pm »
I'm not a dealer but I'm curious as to what brand(s) you sell? If you don't want to share that's obviously ok, I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks

I don't wish to mention the names of the brands, but we carry 5 different manufacturers and at least two possible three would be "must considers" on most shoppers lists.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 03:44:28 pm »
 Same here pretty much everyone is down here,the one I sold this morning was the first in a week.  I know and talk to all the other guys in the area and same thing.
  We have a homeshow that starts next weekend and it should pick up after that.
The weather has been crappy around here that doesnt help.

Overall not really any different than last year and it was my best.

One problem is last year we had a Beachcomber dealer open,a Marquis dealer moved in,and theres a D1 dealer that moved in so close I could throw a rock through his window.

No biggie as it drives the market but you cant sell everyone.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 07:06:03 pm »
'06 was a tough year for many but many of my dealers have experienced a great start to 2007 thus far across western Canada. It varies by region I'm sure but overall it looks very positive to date. I was at a dealer in Calgary (BLAH) :P  yesterday and they have sold 13 spas in Feb so far and 8 in January. Both can be slow months with sales of 5 or less each month so we're happy so far!

See what being controlling and domineering can do!  ;D

Steve

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 07:56:02 pm »
Last five years spa sales have grown at least 10% each year for us. Overall, last year sales $s grew 21%. This year so far we're up 80% spa sales, compared to last.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 07:56:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42