What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Brominator  (Read 5125 times)

Trenden

Sundance Brominator
« on: February 24, 2007, 02:18:50 am »
Can someone please explain what the Sundance Brominator does?  I can’t find anything in the brochure or owners manual that explains it.  How does it work?  Will I be stuck using bromine if I buy this tub?

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Brominator
« on: February 24, 2007, 02:18:50 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Sundance Brominator
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 03:21:55 am »
Unless I'm mistaken (always a possibility), you are referring to the bromine tablet dispenser built into the weir gate, which is the floating wall in front of the filter compartment.  There is a little compartment on that gate in which you place bromine tablets.  
 What it does is contain the bromine tablets and hold them so they can sanitize the water.  
 You are free to use whatever you like for sanitizing.  Bromine, dichlor, Baqua, etc...
You don't have to use the dispenser- I don't.  

Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 10:28:24 am »
Never being a bromine user, I cannot address this from personal experience...but I would imagine it is difficult to adjust bromine levels without the adjustment features that a floater would have...or maybe you just add more or fewer pucks...

Another use of the brominator within the last couple of years, is the use of the SunPurity mineral cartridge which is a Nature2 cartridge made specifically for that slot.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 10:28:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42