What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is dimension 1 spa good  (Read 4966 times)

rdefino

Is dimension 1 spa good
« on: February 19, 2007, 03:44:34 pm »
I just started looking into buying a hot tub. I found a dealer that is selling a floor model Californian for 7500.00 new. I also looked into Thermo spas. But, from what I've found, the thermo spas are junk, ( is that true).

If anyone has any good hot tub review sites or could lend any assistance, that would be great.

Thanks for any info.

Hot Tub Forum

Is dimension 1 spa good
« on: February 19, 2007, 03:44:34 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Is dimension 1 spa good
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 04:01:52 pm »
Click on "buying guide" in the blue bar above - some good reading.

You can do a search of the forum here and elsewhere to read what private parties have posted about the D1 tubs they have purchased.

Other boards have buying guides as well.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 04:02:59 pm »
Your'e on the right track, you seem to know the differance between a good spa and a not so good one. D1 is good, check out some of the other good ones in your area, some of those could be, Marquis, Sundance, HotSpring, Coleman, there are so many it can be confusing but a good guide is Spasearch.org   You can order a copy of their spa search guide, it has lots of helpful tips.

rdefino

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 04:05:23 pm »
That's for the replys. The dealer told me that the Hot tub manufacturers pay $29,000 to be in spasearch.org. I'm just not sure how bias they would be.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 04:39:21 pm »
I just sold a floor model Californian for $8900....

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 05:42:29 pm »
That's for the replys. The dealer told me that the Hot tub manufacturers pay $29,000 to be in spasearch.org. I'm just not sure how bias they would be.
The spa search magazine is a very useful tool, you can ignore their ratings, but, there is a lot of really good info on what to look for when considering yor purchase, you should really check it out.

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 05:52:12 pm »
I've owned a Dimension One Diplomat for less than a year.  I've been very happy with the spa.  
If I could just chew through these restraints...

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 09:41:32 pm »
It's a good spa. Haven't seen them around CT for a few years.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

anne

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 09:53:18 pm »
I decided against D1 myself, but my uncle has had one for 6-7 years, and loves it. Never had a problem, loves everything about it, as far as I can tell. His is also a Californian.
Dance like nobody's watching

MarKee

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 02:35:30 am »
Almost all major spa manufacturers are in the SpaSearch book.  According to SpaSearch, their "certified" rating is based off of extensive customer satisfaction and customer service surveys.  I think there were 6 or 7 companies that got the highest rating.

Vanguard

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 09:03:15 am »
Almost all major spa manufacturers are in the SpaSearch book.  According to SpaSearch, their "certified" rating is based off of extensive customer satisfaction and customer service surveys.  I think there were 6 or 7 companies that got the highest rating.

That is correct, the new "Certified" rating is based off independent research and customer satisfaction.  This really is the first true independent rating.  This one cannot be bought.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Reese

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 09:47:09 am »

That is correct, the new "Certified" rating is based off independent research and customer satisfaction.  This really is the first true independent rating.  This one cannot be bought.
Sorry, but when an organization used to publish purchased ratings as their own... I can't help but wonder if their "research" isn't skewed toward the companies that are likely to advertise with them.  I'm going to be a little skeptical of the validity until it has been vetted for awhile.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 09:50:10 am »
I looked at a D-1 California a few years ago and the factory rep gave me a price 0f $8000. (Central MA). Your price strikes me as good, and I agree with you impression of Thermospas.  They are Waaaaay overpriced and thier sales tatics are very aggressive.  I think if you shop around you'll find some very good brands out there (including D-1) that will give you a really good choices.  Have you looked at any other tubs? Have your heard (and heeded) the battle cry "Wet Test!" ?

Good luck with your search and keep us posted.  :)
07 Caldera Geneva

rdefino

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 10:02:11 am »
What is "wet test" exactly?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 10:07:49 am »
What is "wet test" exactly?

Wet test  means to actually get into the hot tub when it's full of water and "Test it out".  Don't buy an $8000 spa without getting in and seeing how it fits you and how the jets feel. You will be surprised how many folks change their minds about tubs when the get into them and try them out.

Sitting in a hot tub when its empty  can only give you a very slight indication of what it will be like when filled.

You may find the tub too small, too big, too shallow, too deep, or those great jets you were drooling over are just a smidge off for you and rather than hit your back just right, annoy the hell out of you.  :)  People's bouency  can also make a big big BIG difference.

Good luck. Shop around. Compare, and Wet test several tubs before plopping down your money!  :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 10:09:08 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 10:07:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42