What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: NorthWoodsDipper finally has photos!  (Read 16193 times)

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Re: NorthWoodsDipper finally has photos!
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2007, 04:30:31 pm »
re: St. Cloud MN

Is there a Police Academy there?

I think I went to my nephew-in-law's graduation from Police Academy in St. Cloud back in the 1990's.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 04:30:50 pm by Zep »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2007, 04:30:31 pm »

NorthWoodsDipper

• Not Brrrrr..... but Aaaaa!
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2007, 05:15:34 pm »
Nice spin, but don't dig your hole deeper. ;) ;D  Fargo, [glow]SD[/glow]? :o  Now, how do you explain away the Grumpy Old Men reference?  :-?:)

OH CRAP!  You caught me there.  Now I am laughing out loud!  ND and SD people absolutly HATE it when you mix them up, so I should know better.  It just goes to show you that I have too much work on my mind.  I wonder what else I screwed up today at work?

Grumpy Old Men was filmed up on Mill Lacs Lake, North of here...

Steven-
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 05:23:12 pm by NorthWoodsDipper »

NorthWoodsDipper

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2007, 05:24:25 pm »
re: St. Cloud MN

Is there a Police Academy there?

I think I went to my nephew-in-law's graduation from Police Academy in St. Cloud back in the 1990's.

Hmmmm..... I don't know.  I am normally running from, not talking to them...

Well, I did get pulled over for doing a burnout in the 68' last year during a car show cruise and they let me off with a stiff warning.  So that was good.  I read the paper the next day, and a whopping 78 others were not so fortunate.  :-[  That was a good fundraiser for our Police force  ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 05:41:56 pm by NorthWoodsDipper »

Reese

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2007, 06:10:04 pm »
...Grumpy Old Men was filmed up on Mill Lacs Lake, North of here...
I thought it was filmed in Wabasha.

Reese

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2007, 06:18:41 pm »
....Is there a Police Academy there?...
I don't know about an "academy", but St. Cloud State University offers a degree in criminal justice, and there are some police training programs held at the Camp Ripley National Guard facilities outside Little Falls, which is about an hour north of St. Cloud.

bwbski22

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2007, 06:38:18 pm »
Looks great, love to see some pics of the gorgous tub toy!

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2007, 09:48:04 pm »
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 09:49:32 pm by Zep »

NorthWoodsDipper

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2007, 06:47:38 am »
I thought it was filmed in Wabasha.

Hee hee ;D Wabasha is a ficticious city.  But there is a good story about that... I was in Alberta Canada a month ago with a customer.  The customer lived in a Hutterite Colony. All he could talk about was Wabasha and that movie.  It was too funny!  That is what made me think of it.

NorthWoodsDipper

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2007, 06:49:29 am »
Looks great, love to see some pics of the gorgous tub toy!

Bikini, or Sans bikini?  ;D

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2007, 07:36:07 am »

Hee hee ;D Wabasha is a ficticious city.  But there is a good story about that... I was in Alberta Canada a month ago with a customer.  The customer lived in a Hutterite Colony. All he could talk about was Wabasha and that movie.  It was too funny!  That is what made me think of it.

Indeed, there is a Wabasha.  I do believe they filmed a restaurant scene there at Slippery's.  It's a nice little restaurant right on the Mississippi.  They have a few docks there for boaters who want to stop in for lunch.  Great food--Great prices.  Wabasha also has fabulous Bald Eagle Center, down from Slippery's, on the river.  They have a great educational program and they have 3 eagles there that cannot be released due to their injuries.  We were there for feeding time--very cool.  

The ride up/down HWY 61 from Hastings to LaCrosse is absolutely beautiful.
2005 HS Vanguard

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2007, 07:39:35 am »
I don't know about an "academy", but St. Cloud State University offers a degree in criminal justice, and there are some police training programs held at the Camp Ripley National Guard facilities outside Little Falls, which is about an hour north of St. Cloud.

St. Cloud also has a giant state prison (the "Academy"  ;) )right on the HWY.  It's our halfway point marker from Stillwater up to our cabin in the Brainerd area.  We always threaten to drop the kids off there... ;D ;D
2005 HS Vanguard

Reese

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2007, 11:54:24 am »

Hee hee ;D Wabasha is a ficticious city.  But there is a good story about that... I was in Alberta Canada a month ago with a customer.  The customer lived in a Hutterite Colony. All he could talk about was Wabasha and that movie.  It was too funny!  
Hee hee -- that Hutterite probably still gets a good laugh thinking about the guy from Minnesota who was convinced that Wabasha was ficticious! ;D  Your geographic knowledge hole keeps getting deeper and deeper.  You could put a canoe in the Mississippi at St. Cloud, and float down to Wabasha (that'd be SE ;)), although I'd wait for warmer weather.  Since Zep used to visit Lake City, even a Texan probably knows where it is. ;) ;D

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 12:01:25 pm by Reese »

nicker

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2007, 12:42:16 pm »
WOW....that is one nice set!  Opps I mean setup!   Honestly that is really nice, how did you get the writing on there and the leaves?  That is soo cool.  Looks like I have to work on my setup.

One thing you may want to consider.  The growing of the leafy stuff on the pergola.  Leaves fall off in the tub and its allso a bug haven!

Keep that in mind otherwise beautiful work, you should be proud!

NorthWoodsDipper

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2007, 05:01:26 pm »
Hee hee -- that Hutterite probably still gets a good laugh thinking about the guy from Minnesota who was convinced that Wabasha was ficticious! ;D  Your geographic knowledge hole keeps getting deeper and deeper.  You could put a canoe in the Mississippi at St. Cloud, and float down to Wabasha (that'd be SE ;)), although I'd wait for warmer weather.  Since Zep used to visit Lake City, even a Texan probably knows where it is. ;) ;D

Okay Reese, you got me!  I promise to check Streets and Trips before I quote another city location. :D

NorthWoodsDipper

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2007, 05:04:42 pm »
WOW....that is one nice set!  Opps I mean setup!   Honestly that is really nice, how did you get the writing on there and the leaves?  That is soo cool.  Looks like I have to work on my setup.

One thing you may want to consider.  The growing of the leafy stuff on the pergola.  Leaves fall off in the tub and its allso a bug haven!

Keep that in mind otherwise beautiful work, you should be proud!

Yeah, I really enjoy the set... ummm I mean setup.   ;)  You have a good point about vines growing on the Pergola.  I guess I will try it and see how bad it is.  But I don't know how much I will use the spa in summer, I have too much going on then.

I used a Komo CNC Router to engrave the quote on the step, and a Universal Laser to engrave the leaves and text on the posts.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 05:06:13 pm by NorthWoodsDipper »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2007, 05:04:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42