What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: which tub will be up and running first  (Read 3889 times)

perogie

which tub will be up and running first
« on: February 16, 2007, 11:45:05 pm »
here is a question, if you freeze both a FF and a TP which tub would be the easiest to locate the leaks apon getting them unthawed.

and i'm say you freeze them solid.
not a scare tactic but we all do know tubs outside in cold weather left unchecked with no power for 2 weeks will freeze.... I dont care how well insulated.

Hot Tub Forum

which tub will be up and running first
« on: February 16, 2007, 11:45:05 pm »

D.P. Roberts

Re: which tub will be up and running first
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 01:23:15 am »
here is a question, if you freeze both a FF and a TP which tub would be the easiest to locate the leaks apon getting them unthawed.

not a scare tactic but we all do know tubs outside in cold weather left unchecked with no power for 2 weeks will freeze.... I dont care how well insulated.

It's a trick question.

The correct answer is "I wouldn't know, because if I was without power for two weeks during a freezing cold winter, I wouldn't be anywhere near my house and tub. I'd be in Aruba. Therefore, I wouldn't know what it takes to get my tub thawed out, I'd be too busy working on not freezing.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 02:29:18 am »

here is a question, if I was to punch a "man" in the head with both my left and right hand, which would provide the blow that would make it the easiest to locate brain damage.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 03:01:31 am »

It's been awhile since we had this kind of bullcrap poster. Let's try to just ignore him.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 08:53:29 am »
re: "not a scare tactic but we all do know tubs outside in cold weather left unchecked with no power for 2 weeks will freeze.... I dont care how well insulated"

What are the realistic chances that will ever happen to a tub owner?

I am 48 years old and I can't remember ever being without power for more than a day or two....maybe 3.... in my whole life.

I suppose we all carry fire insurance for something that probably will never happen in our life, but still I think worrying about a "2 week power outage" effects on our tubs is kind of a "reach".
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 08:55:50 am by Zep »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 10:22:33 am »
The answer to this question was settled a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Perogie, don't give in to the Dark Side of the Farce, or suffer the same fate as Loot Spapeddler you shall.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 11:01:18 am »
Perogie needs to work on subtle.  Sheesh saw your agenda a mile away......
 Been taking lessons from the master?  I hear he has lots of spare time these days.
Brewman

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 11:02:10 am »
Who really cares about the tub at that point...Two weeks without power at below freezing temps...You will first need to fix all your broken water pipes.   :o.. :o
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Reese

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 11:12:54 am »
I'm on the side of "trick question".  Non-A****c owners will not have bought into the BS about how protected the tub is, and will have arranged for someone to check their tub.  Unlike the poor blissfull A****c owners, they won't return home to a popsicle. 8-)

Guys like you are the reason that good folks like Anne and Bosco felt like their choice in tubs wasn't respected on this board.  It has nothing to do with them, or the tub, just the way it is sold. :P

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 11:23:14 am »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

perogie

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 12:01:44 pm »
wow hostle group.  I owned a 94 krevo tub until i gave it away spring of 2006.  Great tub no issues but it was simple no electronic parts just motor/pump and heater.  heating costs where 720 a year as it was up at our cottage.  its a econo spa with just 4 inches of insulation on the shell.

I guess if you dont like FF tubs, then you are not allowed to post here.   I would think that people would want to know about new ideas and develop new ways of looking at things.

"no power" can mean the heater failed, or the pump failed.  these are things that can happen.   I understand that cold weather is not an issue for 90% of hot tub buyers.  But there are 10% that do have to worry about sub zero temperatures.  Company's like arctic and coleman have addressed this small consumer and have given them an option to put a hot tub outside.  Do you have a pay more for this advantage, yes.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 03:09:48 pm »

I guess if you dont like FF tubs, then you are not allowed to post here.   I would think that people would want to know about new ideas and develop new ways of looking at things.

1) If you don't like FF tubs that's fine, just don't tell us that we should buy into your scare tactics.

2) There is nothing new about the spas you're speaking or about the manner of your posts. We've heard it all before.

This site is comprised of both FF owners and TP owners. We only discriminate against those who come here to start fires and fan flames. That doesn't mean we all have to hold hands and sing "Kum Ba Yah" but your agenda is old and unwanted.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

dadorad

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 04:02:00 pm »
I am in northern Minnesota, last year i had a customer that left on vacation for 3 weeks during that time is spa froze solid one big block of ice :'(. We informed him to loosen the union in witch we did it for him. My tech had to use a hacksaw to cut threw the ice to take out his pumps. We told him to let mother nature take its cores. In June  we went back to his spa and put everything back together and refilled it up. It ran fine no leaks. The spa a D-1 Diplomat ;D ;D. We have fixed all brands and all kinds. They all will freeze znd in most cases will have major damages.      

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 04:23:26 pm »
If it weren't for Term's comic satire, this thread would have deleted, but I'll just lock it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 04:23:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42