What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Auxiliary Control Panel Problem  (Read 7875 times)

Big1Dog

HS Auxiliary Control Panel Problem
« on: February 12, 2007, 01:58:05 am »
Had my spa 3 weeks and the auxiliary control panel quits working.  So I give my dealer a call and it's a known problem.  I'm not really worried about them getting it fixed, just don't understand why Watkins would not take care of it before a new spa is delivered.

Chas, you'r a HS dealer, can you shead some light on this?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 02:00:03 am by Big1Dog »

Hot Tub Forum

HS Auxiliary Control Panel Problem
« on: February 12, 2007, 01:58:05 am »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: HS Auxiliary Control Panel Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 07:43:27 am »
Man, another one. >:(

I'm sorry to hear that.  :(
I hope replacement goes as smooth as a baby's bottom. :D

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 10:24:09 am »
Just because it is a known problem does not mean a manufacturer should go change them all. It would depend on the failure rate percentage. You would also already have to have a replacement part that has the issue fixed and sometimes finding the problem and fixing can take some time.

I know some people find it hard to believe but companies are generally in business to make money. So if it would cost 200K to replace all the panels but if they only replace the defective ones at a cost of 50K, guess which one they are going to do.

I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 11:54:30 am »
Had my spa 3 weeks and the auxiliary control panel quits working.  So I give my dealer a call and it's a known problem.  I'm not really worried about them getting it fixed, just don't understand why Watkins would not take care of it before a new spa is delivered.

Chas, you'r a HS dealer, can you shead some light on this?

Yeah, it's a pain. We are getting very good at replacing them -

The mothership tells us that they are hot on the trail of a final cure. I have a ten-year-old Grandee in my backyard with the original Aux panel still working just fine, so I know it can be done.

The new panels have a blue label on the back - those seem to be doing much better than the older version.

Sorry you had trouble with yours.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

cburk0677

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 12:30:26 pm »
What year are these bad control panels from? Was it a range of years? Reason I'm asking is that I am getting an 2006 Vanguard and want to know if there is a high probability that the control panel will need to be replaced.
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

Chris_H

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 12:33:17 pm »
What year are these bad control panels from? Was it a range of years? Reason I'm asking is that I am getting an 2006 Vanguard and want to know if there is a high probability that the control panel will need to be replaced.

There is a high probability it is going to be replaced.

geekd

• 2006 HS Grandee
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 02:38:54 pm »
I'm on my 3rd aux panel (original plus 2 replacements).  Got my Grandee this past August.

Thankfully my dealer is awesome and is out the day after I call, and my wife works 5 min from home and can be there when he comes to make the repair.  Otherwise, I'd be annoyed about it.

-geekd

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 04:17:44 pm »
I'm on my 3rd aux panel (original plus 2 replacements).  Got my Grandee this past August.

Thankfully my dealer is awesome and is out the day after I call, and my wife works 5 min from home and can be there when he comes to make the repair.  Otherwise, I'd be annoyed about it.

-geekd

This is the perfect example on how things should be done. No manufacturer is excluded from having issues from time to time, but it is how the problems are dealt with that will keep a customer happy or not.

I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Markus

• HS Vanguard 2005
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 10:01:59 pm »
The question is... Why would the Auxilliary Panel have to be replaced 2 times within one year?

You'd think that they would have replaced it with the upgraded one the very first time it needed replacement.

Big1Dog

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 10:14:35 pm »
MyDealer is great, they wil be out tomorrow to replace it.

My problem is that the Company failed to disclose the problem.  I gave them a call and although nice enough they were pretty closed mouth.

Seems to me they would care more about their reputation and customer satisfaction.

And yes Dorthy, I know that a company is for profit and likely that the problem.  Make you wonder what else they didn't tell you about!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 10:30:04 pm »
MyDealer is great, they wil be out tomorrow to replace it.

My problem is that the Company failed to disclose the problem.  I gave them a call and although nice enough they were pretty closed mouth.

Seems to me they would care more about their reputation and customer satisfaction.

And yes Dorthy, I know that a company is for profit and likely that the problem.  Make you wonder what else they didn't tell you about!

Who's Dorthy?  :-?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Big1Dog

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 10:58:36 pm »
Anyone who would like to be...LOL

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 10:50:24 am »
You'd think that they would have replaced it with the upgraded one the very first time it needed replacement.

It all depends on what the nature of the problem was with the part. I'd guess the upgraded version wasn't yet available at that time.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 10:54:47 am »

It all depends on what the nature of the problem was with the part. I'd guess the upgraded version wasn't yet available at that time.

Anyone have an idea what the failure is?  electronic? wiring, water leakage?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 11:46:09 am »
Anyone have an idea what the failure is?  

Attitude.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 11:46:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42