What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Inside or out?  (Read 5049 times)

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
Re: Inside or out?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 05:22:54 pm »
I love being outside when we do use the tub.  Thus the name Camps-a-lot as we are never home in the summer. Maybe it's just the thought and hassle of getting undressed, trying o get my wife undressed (LOL, she NEVER goes nude), slipping on the bathrobe, putting on the slippers, opening the back door to the frozen tundra, stepping on to the wooden deck and dashing to the tub (in a one horse open sleigh). Plus lifting the monstrous Maxxus cover, turning off all yard illumination, then getting into the tub.  Then getting out; stepping onto plastic steps and dripping into frozen slippers, steaming like a buffalo, grabbing for frozen robe that was placed on frozen plastic lawn chair, covering the tub, turning the yard lights back on, and dashing to the door.  Whoops, I forgot my wife.  Now I'll have to uncover the tub again! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 05:22:54 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 05:57:20 pm »
Well that explains it...Here is how it goes at my house...
Me: I'll open the tub and get the towels and the drinks..
Him and the kids: We'll get on our suits..Would you mind warming the towels in the dryer...it feels so much nicer when we get out!
Me: What sort of music would you like to listen to?
Him: How about some Temptations
The Kids: No we want to listen to Nelly Furtado tonight.

so I wait until they are in the water and turn on what I want to hear ;D
then I get everyone a drink and deliver it ...by then my feet are frozen because I am in flip flops..and I regret that I hate bathrobes because I am sooo cold serving everyone in my bathing suit!
Him: turn off the ourside lights and turn up the music.
Me: I got your music... >:(

But it all works out because by the time I finally get to join them they are just about ready to get out!! And I have the tub to myself! ;)
And once I am in that wonderful hot water, I don't even remember the cold at all!! ;)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 05:57:44 pm by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Reese

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 06:02:18 pm »
...Maybe it's just the thought and hassle of getting undressed...
Yeah, life is tough for the hot tub owner! ;)

Bill75

• 2006 Grandee owner
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 07:24:30 pm »
Our tub is outside.  We live in MD north of DC, so we do get snow, cold and wind.  To get to our tub you step out the back door onto the deck, turn, go down three steps and then walk about three more to the tub.  I have found that even in single digit weather a thick robe provides more than enough warmth for walking out and opening up the tub.  I wear beach shoes to keep my feet (relatively) warm and it is not a problem.  We use the tub about four nights a week in the winter, a little more when it is warmer.  I really enjoy being out in the snow, sitting in the tub.  After having it outside I don't think I would enjoy one inside nearly as well.  

Bill

NorthWoodsDipper

• Not Brrrrr..... but Aaaaa!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 10:04:37 pm »
If a tub is outdoors in a cold climate, proximity to the house is critical. If I had to walk very far, I would probabaly rarely use it....My tub is about 4 feet from my back door..I love it outside because it gives us a chance to experience the winter in a way so different than we ever have.  My husband HATES winter, snow..cold anything to do with it..But because we have the tub, he claims he can now enjoy it..
So for us, it needs to be outside..but close to the house

I agree 100%.  My tub is about 3 LARGE steps from my door.  If it were a long way that would be brutal with our cold winters.  But 3 steps is manageable regardless of the temp.  I would not think about having the tub indoors, unless it was some sort of screened in porch so it still was cold.  For me, the fun of it all is the fact that I can enjoy the cold weather.  I have only had my tub since Oct, but I really don't think I will use it in the summer months.  I have too many other fun things to do.  But alas, in the winter I have fewer fun hobbies.  The tub helps me snub my nose at mother nature, and the winter seems to be flying along!

Steven-
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 10:05:13 pm by NorthWoodsDipper »

Markus

• HS Vanguard 2005
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 10:17:02 pm »
We've  had a tub inside at our other home, and when we moved... we placed a tub outside near the back door. We much prefer the outside vs. the inside. It is a lot more comfortable and enjoyable outside for us and we enjoy it for longer periods of time no matter how cold it is. We use it virtually every night.

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 11:02:01 pm »
The other night on the evening weather they mentioned the temperature here in Bismarck has not been above freezing for about 3 weeks.  This morning we had 2007's low so far, -34F at about 3 a.m., that's cold, I don't care who you are! This weekend we are supposed to start coming above zero and actually be about 30.  I'll get back in the tub then. The coldest we ever went out in was +12 in the snow.  That was a nice experience.  Then 8' feet isn't an issue, but at -34 I think 1' becomes problematic!

martyz4

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 11:35:34 pm »
 i'm in so. ca. also but it can get cold getting out of the spa at night. aren't you guys that are back east freezing when you get out? brrrr.....i'm envisioning icicles.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 11:35:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42