What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The hot tub is to blame  (Read 4890 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
The hot tub is to blame
« on: February 08, 2007, 07:52:49 pm »
My sister in law lives in a condo, (5 connected townhomes) She lives on the end. The property owners opened up the road next to her place, that was a dead end.  The backhoe they used hit the side of her house (concrete block) Now there is a crack in her basement wall.  They came to look at it and blamed her hot tub on the back patio.  

Its amazing the things people will try to pull.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

The hot tub is to blame
« on: February 08, 2007, 07:52:49 pm »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Re: The hot tub is to blame
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 08:34:58 pm »
[size=18]ridiculous![/size]

>:(

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 08:52:37 pm »
My neighbor had a contractor running a Bobcat up the side yard between our houses. I stood and watched about five trips back and forth. I noticed that each time the thing went by, dust and dirt was filtering out of two nice new cracks in my retaining wall. Block wall.

Then I came home a couple of days later and noticed that the wall was leaning away from the well-worn tractor path, there were tire-tread marks on his side of the wall, and several caps were knocked loose.

"It was that way before."

Yeah.

And they say that good fences make good neighbors.

If he hadn't bought a spa from me I might have gotten upset over it.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 09:20:17 pm »
A few years ago I replaced my sewer line. A buddy brought over hi bobcat to do the digging (NICE friend, let me tell you). Ok, so it wasn't actually HIS bobcat. He borrowed it from a friend. It kinda started getting away from him. He panicked, slammed on the brakes, hit the gas instead. Drove right over the top of my neighbours car.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 09:29:56 pm »
A few years ago I replaced my sewer line. A buddy brought over hi bobcat to do the digging (NICE friend, let me tell you). Ok, so it wasn't actually HIS bobcat. He borrowed it from a friend. It kinda started getting away from him. He panicked, slammed on the brakes, hit the gas instead. Drove right over the top of my neighbours car.

And???
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 12:56:13 am »
And we finished replacing the sewer line.   ::)

Ok, so it was early Sunday morning. No one was up yet, and no one actually saw it happen (other than my buddy and I). Now, due to a stupid misunderstanding, my neighbour and I hadn't talked in about 6 years (this was about 4 years ago). I gotta tell you, her car looked pretty good. It was a Saturn. All plastic. Everything pretty much popped back out. Really! Other than a scratch on the back, it really looked pretty good. We went inside and had a cup of coffee while trying to decide what to do. After a few cups of coffee, all I had decided was that I really didn't want to have to go talk to her. And, well, the cops hadn't showed up yet...... so maybe.......... just maybe..........  ;D Naaaaaaaaaaaaa, I called my home owners insurance. DAYUM! They said they'd cover it! But............... they wouldn't call her for me.

The car really did look pretty good. She took the insurance money, bought a TV, took a vacation, never got the car repaired, and still drives it today. She likes me now.

There's a moral here ya know................ If you're ever having a feud with a neighbor, get a tractor and... naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, better not.

Oh, I did finish the day in my hot tub (gotta keep on subject)  ;)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 10:17:16 am »
The hot tub's to blame? That's not what i heard.

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame.
but I know, it's my own damn fault.

Now, If I could ony find my lost shaker of salt.  8-)

07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 10:55:05 am »
The hot tub's to blame? That's not what i heard.

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame.
but I know, it's my own damn fault.

Now, If I could ony find my lost shaker of salt.  8-)

Speaking of which, if you have a CHEESEBURGER IN PARADISE franchise, check it out!   Love to go there.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 10:56:28 am »
He panicked, slammed on the brakes, hit the gas instead. Drove right over the top of my neighbours car.

I just hate it when that happens.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 11:44:35 am »

Speaking of which, if you have a CHEESEBURGER IN PARADISE franchise, check it out!   Love to go there.

Maragaritavile is a state of mind. 8-)

i'm going down to FL to visit my folks nexy month, and I'm planning one day to do  the Duval St Crawl and grab a burger at his tourist trap.  I love Buffet, but his marketing and bars seems exactly opposite of whay he sings about. (out of the way, quiet unknow tropical hideaways).  Oh well,  fun music and a great case study in marketing.
07 Caldera Geneva

txwillie

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 12:14:43 pm »
The Margaritaville in Negril Jamaica is nice. Bar on the beach, etc. The one in Grand Cayman might as well be in the Mall of America.

txwillie

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 12:49:35 pm »
The Margaritaville in Negril Jamaica is nice. Bar on the beach, etc. The one in Grand Cayman might as well be in the Mall of America.

txwillie

I'll skip it in Grand Caymen then. I'll be there in about 440 days.  ;)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 04:12:38 pm »

I'll skip it in Grand Caymen then. I'll be there in about 440 days.  ;)

Another cruise? Same line?
07 Caldera Geneva

Bama

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 04:14:57 pm »
You know there are experts out there to assess this damage and recreate what actually happened.  
This happened to my husband (airline pilot) who was parking an Air Bus-300 on the tarmac one night.
After the aircraft was parked, my husband did his usual walk around inspection of the aircraft, all was well, so he signed off on it.
The next day, he and his crew were called in to the chief pilot's office for questioning...."how did the engine get that big hole in the side of it", he asked?
My hubby was shocked, as he saw no damage.
The chief pilot showed him photos, brought to him by the ground crew, clearly picturing a ground loader (equiptement) smashed into the engine.
The several of the ground crew claimed the pilots smashed into it.  Well, this had to be resolved by a professional who specializes in the sequence of events in a who dunit accident!    
Yep...you guessed it, the ground crew drove the equiptment into the aircraft's engine and all stuck to their story of blaming the pilots.  They thought it would mean their jobs, but the pilots would only get a slap on the wrist.  
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 04:15:56 pm by Bama »

96SC

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 04:30:08 pm »
Yep...you guessed it, the ground crew drove the equiptment into the aircraft's engine and all stuck to their story of blaming the pilots.  They thought it would mean their jobs, but the pilots would only get a slap on the wrist.  

My guess is that it still cost them their jobs.  :-X :-/ :-[
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 04:30:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42