What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Epic Questions  (Read 2790 times)

cajun1

Marquis Epic Questions
« on: February 08, 2007, 10:45:01 am »
I'm probably about to buy a Marquis Epic and I was just wanting some input (from people who own them) about the TriZone diverter system.  Does is bother you that you can't get full power to all seats at once?  I've wet-tested and really love the deep therapy seat, but we entertain fairly often and I want everyone to be able to get some jet action while in the tub.  Any thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Epic Questions
« on: February 08, 2007, 10:45:01 am »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Marquis Epic Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 12:37:11 pm »
I don't own one but have had the pleasure of wet testing an Epic. I wouldn't view that as a negative in any way as 90% of the time there's only a couple of people in the spa and THAT'S what you're buying it for! It's a therapeutic machine and people are always moving around within the spa to obtain various massages and seating depths.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but is it not possible to run the valves in a central position for equal jetting?

There's a number of people on here with far greater experience than I on the Epic and they'll be able to answer this with greater accuracy. Congrats on a GREAT spa!

Steve

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 12:39:53 pm by Steve »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 12:45:15 pm »
I think that the impression that you can't get power to all the seats comes from the fact that the diverters are labled..for positions 1, 2, and 3... people don't realize is that there are multiple combinations between those settings..For example left side of the tub (face the waterfall), you have the controls for the deep therapy seat and the left cool down seat. By using both controls, you can give a back massage to the cool down, and a foot and back massage to the Deep therapy. The key here is getting to know, not only the controls, but also the multiple combinations that are possible. It will take a while. You will also find that in order to really sample the different therapies, you will want to allow your guests to switch seats. While we don't entertain much  in our tub (other than family), we have never had a complaint that anyone missed out on getting great therapy....and of course, you will find a setting that suits you best depending on the type of therapy that you want.  If I had several people in the tub, I think I might be inclined to just turn the tub in the all around position with air full open and everyone gets tons of water movement.
Get to know your tub and I am sure you will be more than happy to entertain your friends in an awesome therapy tub..that is also very versitile  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 02:00:43 pm »
Once you put 30,40,50... jets in a spa you have to have some type of diverter system. To get good water flow to 50-jets would take a very large pump and it would never fit in the equipment area nor would a 50-breaker be adequate.

So you can have a spa with 50-jets that will run all at the same time with little water flow or you can have a spa with 50-jets with diverter and have control over the water flow from low pressure to intense.

I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 02:26:10 pm »
When both pumps are on high and the diverters are in the "all aound" position ANd the air is on...that is a lot of water moving...Maybe it is the addition of the air, but I think it is still a lot of water moving ;)

And in the Epic, we are talking about 2 pumps doing that work
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 02:27:34 pm by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

cajun1

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 05:58:45 pm »
Thanks to everyone for the input.  I'm going to order my Epic tomorrow!

MarKee

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 06:26:19 pm »
cajun1:  With the two primary tri-zone valves set on "2", most seats in the Epic can have jet action.  The Epic is amazing, you won't be disappointed.

cajun1

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 08:32:25 pm »
Thanks.  I was also having a hard time deciding between the Epic and the Destiny, but I couldn't wet-test the Destiny.  I started out not wanting a lounger because I wanted more seating, but the Epic is the bigger of the two, so I guess I'll go for it.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 08:32:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42