What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Does anyone own a Hotsprings Grandee?  (Read 7179 times)

dunerunner25

Does anyone own a Hotsprings Grandee?
« on: February 04, 2007, 11:53:30 pm »
Hey everyone went out again today, figured that the grandee might work better for my family and 2 moto jets is nice so me and the misses dont fight over one seat.  I would like to wet test before I buy though. The envoy is OUT because the lounge is facing the wrong way for my yard and setup. Does any one have any info or pictures they would like to share with me?

Big Dog where is this magic HS store... im very close to Redlands?????

Hot Tub Forum

Does anyone own a Hotsprings Grandee?
« on: February 04, 2007, 11:53:30 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Does anyone own a Hotsprings Grandee?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 01:01:32 am »
Bummer. Too far to drive to Ventura.

Oh well.

I have a Grandee. I love it. Mine is ten years old, but I have had several new ones over the years. Still my fave.

They amped up the jet pumps last year, and added the better fountain this year.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

dunerunner25

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 12:37:28 am »
Its hard for me to believe that out of this whole forum that only one person owns a HS Grandee and its 10 years old!!!
Talked to bigdogs guy in Redlands this morning and he has a Vanguard and a Grandee ready to wet test NOW... cool hu.  Grandee sticker 9300, Vanguard sticker 7800... thats show room price.
Grandee is looking better and better every day and so is why not "footlover's" feet...LOL :o
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 12:43:34 am by dunerunner25 »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 01:11:35 am »
The Grandee would be one of my first choices. TL has a Grandee. Vermonter also has one that is a few years old. There are actually quite a few Grandee owners on this forum. I would wet test first to make sure it fits you correctly. Good luck.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 01:12:42 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 01:29:21 am »
Its hard for me to believe that out of this whole forum that only one person owns a HS Grandee and its 10 years old!!! :o
Reread my post - I have owned many Grandees. one Vista, a couple of Classics and one really old Sov too. Only had the Sov for a month, sold it as a demo right away. Wasn't big enough for me.

I'm talking about my own personal spas in my backyard. I love the Grandeee. I'm going to get another one when I sell the old one I have now. It came in as a trade in, from my electrician. He had it for three years.

I hate to part with it - it works just fine and I enjoy it, but I do like the Bella Fountana, and I miss my music system.

8-)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 05:29:56 am »
Grandee is looking better and better every day and so is why not "footlover's" feet...LOL :o
Thanks.
I'm glad I'm not the only foot lover around here.

Iceman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 11:51:52 am »
I have owned my 2006 Grandee in Tucson Arizona for nine months. It has exceeded my expectations in every way including the service from the HS dealer. I could not be more satisfied.

tpalm

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 10:10:22 pm »
Do you by chance have the SpAudio music system?  

Also, any comments from HS owners who have the AutoFresh system would be appreciated.

Bill75

• 2006 Grandee owner
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 10:42:06 pm »
We bought a HS Grandee this summer.  We picked it after a lot of research and wet testing of several different models and manufacturers.  We have been very happy with our tub:  we use it about four or five nights a week.  My wife and I are normally the only ones in the tub.  There is plenty of room, and the corner moto massage units are great!  Our tub is a 2006 model, so we have the "waterfall" instead of the new ones, which have a fountain.  We have the blue interior with the grey exterior.  You can our installation in this photo:

The only problem we have had with the tub is not getting enough time to soak.  We love our Grandee!!

Bill

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 10:49:56 pm »
Very nice setup Bill. I like the "No Fence" look in the backyard. Where I live, we fence off every square inch of our property for some reason.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

tpalm

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 11:05:42 pm »
Yes, I love your setup.

I have wet tested the Grandee and am looking at purchasing the 2007 model.  Now I'm trying to decide on the accessories.  Any thoughts on the SpAudio ?

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 03:55:13 am »
We bought a HS Grandee this summer.  We picked it after a lot of research and wet testing of several different models and manufacturers.  We have been very happy with our tub:  we use it about four or five nights a week.  My wife and I are normally the only ones in the tub.  There is plenty of room, and the corner moto massage units are great!  Our tub is a 2006 model, so we have the "waterfall" instead of the new ones, which have a fountain.  We have the blue interior with the grey exterior.  You can our installation in this photo:

The only problem we have had with the tub is not getting enough time to soak.  We love our Grandee!!

Bill
I like your color selection of the pavers. :)
That would have flowed well with my tub's skirt. :D
Too bad I'm cheap and chose a regular finished slab instead. :-[

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 05:52:28 pm »
Well, the Spaudio II system is a very nice, integrated music system. It is more than just a stereo. For the price, you could easily put in a stereo with speakers in the yard - but it would not be integrated into the spa.

The Spaudio II system comes with two transducers which get installed into the spa. The power comes from an all-digital, four-channel power amp with auto-sensing - turns on and off by itself as needed.

Also included are two outdoor speakers and direct-burial cable for same. They are not any brand name I am familiar with, but they do sound very nice and come with mounting brackets as well.

Also included is the remote control - the IQ2020 Navigator. It controls the spa as well as the music system- in fact you can access some of the functions on the spa with the remote that you can't get to otherwise, such as choosing among four different color programs for the lighting. Also, you get a digital readout of the temp setting, and the 'ready light, so you can be sure your tub is just the way you like it from inside the house.

All in all, it is a very nice way to enhance the enjoyment of the soaking experience without having to run new power, or go back into the house to adjust volumes or change tracks.

The player itself is built in, and plays AM, FM stereo, CD and MP3 discs.

8-)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 05:52:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42