What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A funny thing happened on the way to the hottub  (Read 4625 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
A funny thing happened on the way to the hottub
« on: February 04, 2007, 09:55:17 am »
Got up this morning and it was 4F outside.  That would only tie my record for coldest soak. No wind, so I went out at 8am. One nice thing about the cold weather is the neighborhood is quiet.  The cover and lifter seemed to groan as they didn't want to have to work in the cold.  Stepping on to the stairs, I was afraid they were going to shatter. That 1-2 seconds between taking the robe off and climbing in seemed to last a lot longer.

I was enjoying the 104 soak when I noticed the door opened from the Shack behind my yard where the Hillbillies live. A teenage girl walked out into their back yard wearing only jeans and a t-shirt.  She walked to the one corner of the yard where the 20 year old privacy fence of theirs was still standing.  What she was doing back there, I don't know, but it took her about a minute!

Enjoyed the great soak. After about 30 minutes, I put my crocs back on before I got out of the tub. I got out, put on my robe and walked over to the cabinet where I keep my chemicals. I was still feeling pretty warm from the soak and my robe. I moved the chlorine and searched for the MPS.   I finally found it, started to turn back to the tub, but my crocs had frozen in place.  I finally did get them loose, shocked, covered the tub back up and went in.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

A funny thing happened on the way to the hottub
« on: February 04, 2007, 09:55:17 am »

dunerunner25

Re: A funny thing happened on the way to the hottu
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 10:19:03 am »
Crocs???Hillbillies?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 10:24:37 am by dunerunner25 »

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 10:52:17 am »
No funny things here--We're right with you with our temps to hit a high of -3 today.  I hope our Canadian friends are still alive up there!

My cover was frozen shut.  Water has been ignored for awhile.  It was a tiny bit cloudy--dichlor was zero, but then so was my CC, thank goodness.  I added defender, shocked it, as I know we will not be in it for awhile, and remembered not to touch the metal handle of the door on the way back inside!

GO BEARS!!!  I lived in the Chicago area during my formative years and was a freshman in college when they won Superbowl 20.  I still have my Superbowl shuffle tape and it still works!!

GO BEARS!!
2005 HS Vanguard

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 11:54:31 am »
Wmccall,

Across the way, here in the STL, I awoke to the exact same temperature. Only there's 10-15 mph winds with it. I have my furnance's thermostat set at 65 opposed to the usual 68 b/c the thing just wouldn't shut off! I feel so bad for my tub right now. I'm really wishin' that I would have completely enclosed my patio on all four sides and just let the top exposed. I think that's my first spring project. I bet it will save close to $1 a day during the winter.
Sounds to me like the teenage girl was waitin' for a certain someone ::) to get in the tub, so she could start the recording. 8-)

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 12:50:31 pm »
I was soaking with my daughter this morning, -20c (-4f).  We never walk out with anything but our suits, our tub is about 9 metres (10yrds)from the house.  My cover groaned as well, my feet were pretty cold getting the cover off and when I was putting chems in I thought my feet would freeze to the ice.  My wife justs thinks I'm nuts when she sees me in my tiny blue speedo out there steaming up the neighbourhood.  Can't wait till half time tonight, should only be -16 by then.

Ray
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 08:53:53 am by rayman »
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 01:15:52 pm »
I'm dissapointed in the story. When the 20-yr old was moving toward the fence I was expecting she was going to ask to join you in her birthday suit and all we got was some story about frozen crocs!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

xrdirthead

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 08:31:08 pm »
Oh what a croc  ;D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 09:58:51 pm »
I'm dissapointed in the story. When the 20-yr old was moving toward the fence I was expecting she was going to ask to join you in her birthday suit and all we got was some story about frozen crocs!

Well, he edited out the part about the aliens....

Sort of takes most of the fun out of the story.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 10:34:47 pm »
I think it was one of those "I guess you had to be there" stories!
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 10:55:50 pm »

Well, he edited out the part about the aliens....

8-)

They live across the street in front of the house.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 12:45:03 am »
I feel for you Bill. That seems really cold.

I just heard about Crocks for the first time on Friday. My wife made me watch an Oprah episode about a stay at home mom who came up with an idea to dress up Crocks for kids. She sold the idea back to the owner of Crocks for 20 million.

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200702/20070202/slide_20070202_350_102.jhtml
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 01:17:58 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 01:21:51 am »
My wife made me watch an Oprah episode about a stay at home mom who came up with an idea to dress up Crocks for kids.

You watch Doprah with the wife?? If you were a friend of mine...............  :o ;) ::)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 07:37:54 am »
My daughter introduced me to crocs, she bought a pair at the State Fair. She is on her feet all day and thought they were great. I bought a pair in St Thomas to use as pool/beach shoes.  I use them in the hot tub on days like this.  It was -2 this morning when I got up,  but after the superbowl there was no way I was getting up early enough to tub this morning.  Maybe I'll see it that cold tonight.  As for the aliens, I think I will put a note in their door reminding them that it will be 76F in Tijuana today.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 09:37:48 pm »
I'll have to check out the Crocks Bill. I hate to tell you it was 85° at my place today.

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 09:39:14 pm »

You watch Doprah with the wife?? If you were a friend of mine...............  :o ;) ::)

Yeah, I actually prefer the Ellen Show Spatech.  :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 09:39:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42