What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beautiful wood exterior  (Read 8778 times)

Trenden

Beautiful wood exterior
« on: January 29, 2007, 12:08:51 am »
Obviously comfort should be a primary factor in choosing a hot tub, probably the most important factor.  However, I also want something that looks really nice.  So far, I haven’t found anything that looks as nice as the cedar wood on the Artic spa line.  I’ve already got a “cedar theme” going in my backyard so I don’t want to cheapen the look with something that looks like plastic.  Any recommendations?  What other spa manufacturers have nice wood cabinets or something that looks like real wood?

Hot Tub Forum

Beautiful wood exterior
« on: January 29, 2007, 12:08:51 am »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Beautiful wood exterior
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 12:32:07 am »
I agree. There's nothing worse than looking a cheap looking plastic exterior in your backyard. In my opinion, the best looking cabinet is made by Sundance. It's synthetic, but it looks like fine furniture grade wood and is much easier to maintain.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 12:37:05 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Trenden

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 12:48:21 am »
Thanks for the Sundance suggestion.  I haven't looked at them yet but there is a dealer not too far away so I'll be sure to check them out.  From the website they look very nice.  

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 01:00:12 am »
Obviously comfort should be a primary factor in choosing a hot tub, probably the most important factor.  However, I also want something that looks really nice.  So far, I haven’t found anything that looks as nice as the cedar wood on the Artic spa line.  I’ve already got a “cedar theme” going in my backyard so I don’t want to cheapen the look with something that looks like plastic.  Any recommendations?  What other spa manufacturers have nice wood cabinets or something that looks like real wood?
I agree. There's nothing worse than looking a cheap looking plastic exterior in your backyard.

They are good lookin' tubs but it really depends on the set-up. A cedar skirt tub on my patio would look way out of place.
Btw, it's your opinion that synthetic skirts cheapen the look and there's nothing wrong with that. I however, prefer a more clean look to things. To each his own. :D

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:07:39 am by WHY_NOT »

anne

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 01:20:54 am »
I'm with you on the cedar! (obviously) None of the synthetics appeal to me. Too plastic-y looking. Indoors, in a showroom, on carpet, or on a small patio, they can look nice. Outdoors, in a yard, not so much. Sadly, most companies are going that way since people want ease of care over asthetics.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:22:18 am by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 07:23:29 am »
When I purchased my spa in 2002, Sundance just introduced their synthetic skirt.  I wanted nothing to do with sythetics, so I have the tried and true redwood exterior.  I was happy with the decision then and I am still happy with it today.  Although it takes a little more work to maintain, there is nothing like real wood.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 08:01:28 am »
Same here.  When we got the 2003 Optima, cedar was the standard, and plastic was an upgrade.  Now it's all plastic.  The cedar does look nice, but takes work to keep it that way.  The side of the spa facing south gets faded pretty quickly compared to the other 3 sides.  I buy the Superdeck brand stain by the gallon- lasts several seasons.
Brewman

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 08:55:03 am »
WHYNOT.....For a traditional panel tub I think yours looks the best!

What brand is yours WHYNOT?

Spiderman

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 12:47:56 pm »

Tileman, I mean WHYNOT?  has a Jacuzzi.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

NorthWoodsDipper

• Not Brrrrr..... but Aaaaa!
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 01:54:56 pm »
Because I just finished my cedar deck and pergola, the Arctic was the only way to go (will attach photos if I ever get a moment away from my god forsaken career).

But I was at a home show about 3 weeks ago and saw a brand of spas I have never seen before.  They claimed they were made in Canada, like my Arctic.  MAN WERE THEY COOL!  I don't remember the brand, but it was some sort of composite siding the looked JUST LIKE STUCCO.  It was really nice looking!  I couldn't believe it looked so good.  If I had a stucco home, I would definitly think about them.  I have their card at home and will respond if I can think of the name.

Steven
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:55:32 pm by NorthWoodsDipper »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 02:27:40 pm »
Why not, that Shepard's hook you have next to the tub use to be make in America at a cost of $4.25 each and resold at Walmart and Lowes for $19.99.  Lowes demanded them at their cost of 4.25 each so they are now made in China.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 02:53:29 pm »
well, I would have to agree with you.  The first tub that I looked at was the arctic, and I just could not get away from its look.  In my opinion, it was one of the nicest looking tubs out there.  To stain cedar once a season takes about half a day with cleaning and staining, and a good six pack of beer.  

I love it and think that it is so classy.  Here is my cedar skirt tub.  If you want a good look at one, take a look at annes, her setup is amazing.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 02:59:05 pm »
bosco, your color combo looks very close to mine.  One other aspect of the wood skirts I like is the heartwood lip that the shell sits on.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 03:02:28 pm »
tony,  I loved the dark color shells and almost went with a blue one, but the sales guy convinced me that the lighter shell would help with the lights.  I am really happy that I listened to him.  I agree, the lip adds a classy look to the tub.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 03:09:40 pm »

Thanks Zep! :D
It's a Jacuzzi and they call the color Silverwood.
Yours ain't too bad lookin' either.  8-)  Isn't Cal spa the only manufacturer to offer that type of skirting?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 03:09:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42