What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A caldera jet diverter not working  (Read 4479 times)

riddler

A caldera jet diverter not working
« on: January 25, 2007, 10:03:09 pm »
I have a Martinique and one of the diverter valves seems to do nothing when I turn it. Is there anything I can do if I take it off , or is this something internal that needs to be looked at ? I know that it is supposed to increase the power to the foot jets , and I am sure all the other diverters are set right to make this particular one work. Any help would be great !.  Also it is about 5 degrees out , is it possible that it may be frozen stuck ?   Thanks !

Hot Tub Forum

A caldera jet diverter not working
« on: January 25, 2007, 10:03:09 pm »

Han Solo

Re: A caldera jet diverter not working
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 10:22:41 pm »
I just had one of mine become very hard to turn so I called Sundance Spa's service center and they came out and checked it and told me they are going to replace it with a new one within a week. I was told to let them handle all the repairs under warranty and not to try and fix the problems myself as I could void the warranty. So far everything has been free.   :)

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 10:38:36 pm »
hey riddler,

This may sound silly, but I recently thought one of my diverters was not working, too.  It turned out that I was only running one of the two pumps and when only that pump was running, this particular diverter was dead.  Since it is a new tub, I was very upset......until I realized I was only running one of the two pumps.  I fired up both pumps and all was well!  

Like I said, its a longshot, but I thought I would mention this....
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 11:19:01 am »
hey riddler,

This may sound silly, but I recently thought one of my diverters was not working, too.  It turned out that I was only running one of the two pumps and when only that pump was running, this particular diverter was dead.  Since it is a new tub, I was very upset......until I realized I was only running one of the two pumps.  I fired up both pumps and all was well!  

Like I said, its a longshot, but I thought I would mention this....

Are you sure that the jets that you expect to come on aren't turned off at the jets themselves? Assuming that you know which jets are uspposed to be on, here's another possibility. Try rotating the jet face and see if that's the reason nothing is coming out.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 08:41:36 pm »
Pull the handle off and see if the underside is cracked

If it is, then your diverter may be getting sticky. The handles are made to fail so the shaft on the top of the diverter doesn't.

The diverter valve may just need to be opened and cleaned out. A new handle should be fitted - not a big deal.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

riddler

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 09:23:57 pm »
Seems like it wanted to work today. I put a little pressure on the diverter handle and the jet kicked up a notch. I kept opening and closing it to make sure it was o.k. I still think that I have to pop the handle off to see if its cracked. Something doesnt feel right.  Do they pop right off or is there some kinda trick to it? I have never taken one off before. I have fear off breaking it.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 10:54:45 pm »
Pull it straight up.

8-)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 01:16:08 am »
Pull it straight up.

8-)

you might have to gently pry it upwards with something but it'll come up. Chas may be right that the handle may be cracked underneath and when you are turning it maybe it's not actually turning the diverter but merely spinning on the stem.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 03:49:45 pm »
Chas may be right that the handle may be cracked underneath and when you are turning it maybe it's not actually turning the diverter but merely spinning on the stem.

Chas may be right?

Sheesh.

;)

8-)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 04:02:07 pm »

Chas may be right?

Sheesh.

;)

8-)

I wanted to assure him there was a chance! ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 07:36:14 pm »
 ;D ;D

riddler

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 03:44:17 pm »
It wont pry up. I think it might be frozen on. I am a bit afraid that if I pry to hard it is going to snap. For now I will leave well alone as it seems to be working at this moment.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 03:44:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42