What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Does MPS smell?  (Read 2762 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Does MPS smell?
« on: January 28, 2007, 01:58:00 am »
I shocked our spa with MPS today. Tonight, my wife was complaining that the water smelled like chemicals. I couldn't smell a thing and thought the water was perfect.

Anyway, I always thought MPS was odorless but I don't have a good sniffer like my wife. What do you think?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Does MPS smell?
« on: January 28, 2007, 01:58:00 am »

anne

Re: Does MPS smell?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 02:50:18 am »
I have a pretty sensitive nose, and have never noticed MPS having a smell.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hammster

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 08:11:00 am »
The MPS I use from Leslie's Pool Supply has a very faint chlorine odor while in the container. But in the tub, no odor. Women, in general, have a better sense of smell than men. So maybe she is picking up a bit of the odor. How long after you shocked before you went in?

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 09:50:35 am »
Once in a while, not consistently, the day after an MPS shock, my water has a fresh smell to it...a smell I would relate to freshly ironed, starched shirts.  I also notice that if I use less MPS, maybe 2 tbsp instead of 3 tbsp, the smell is less prominent or maybe non-existent.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 10:43:23 am »
Could it be that she is pregnant?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 01:38:58 pm »
I shocked our spa with MPS today. Tonight, my wife was complaining that the water smelled like chemicals. I couldn't smell a thing and thought the water was perfect.

Anyway, I always thought MPS was odorless but I don't have a good sniffer like my wife. What do you think?

I use Renew and I think it has a smell to it. I'm not sure what to compare the smell to but it's a good/clean smell. I like it!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 01:38:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42