What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just  wet tested a Bengal.  (Read 3735 times)

cak224

Just  wet tested a Bengal.
« on: January 22, 2007, 01:01:29 am »
My wife and I wet tested a Bengal.  Although we liked it, the way it was priced bothered me.  I don't know what they sell for just the DEAL I was offered was 6,000 cash + taxes.  
I would of done it for 5,550 tax incl.  There is a home show the first week of Feb.  They always have at least 3 different dealers there.
I've looked at 2 other brands other than Hot Springs.  
I guess my question is was that a good price or I am I correct with my gut feeling I'm paying his rent?

Hot Tub Forum

Just  wet tested a Bengal.
« on: January 22, 2007, 01:01:29 am »

cak224

Re: Just  wet tested a Bengal.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 01:17:14 am »
It was a Tiger Bengal 2006

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 02:02:32 am »
Seems like a fair price. Just remember your dealer has to eat just like you do. Also, you want him around in the future just in case you need warranty work.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

cak224

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 02:03:49 am »
Is the price I'm offering a good price?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 02:05:11 am »
Really can't comment on the price, but I would ask you to consider this:

You just asked this person to hand you close to $900. Would you do that for somebody?

That is based on $5500 including tax, which is $5128. $6000 minus $5128 = $872. That's a pretty stiff discount.

Who knows? He may do it. But just be aware that you are asking for quite a lot.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chris_H

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 09:56:44 am »
I will comment on the price.  $6,000 is reasonable.  If you are looking for the world’s greatest deal, you did not get it.  Is it reasonable, yes.  

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 10:48:54 am »
It is a fair price, and yes, you are helping to pay his rent, otherwise he would not be there. We sell it for slightly more.

loosenupspas

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 12:04:00 pm »
Looking back over my notes....I was quoted $5750 for the Bengal over three years ago.  That was all-enclusive as I recall.  

cak224

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 12:16:46 pm »
Thank you, loosenup.
Yet still no one has told me what the actual list price is.   I've worked sales and never have seen so many dealers afraid of the prices before.
I'm not looking for the worlds best deal.  Just as a salesman needs to minimize his loses, I need maximize my savings.  As the saying goes, "a piece of the pie is better than none".

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 04:58:48 pm »
Thank you, loosenup.
Yet still no one has told me what the actual list price is.   I've worked sales and never have seen so many dealers afraid of the prices before.
I'm not looking for the worlds best deal.  Just as a salesman needs to minimize his loses, I need maximize my savings.  As the saying goes, "a piece of the pie is better than none".

Seems there is no readily available "list price" for spas. Different parts of the country seem to have different costs based on shipping to the dealer from the manufacturer as well as the probably the cost of doing business in one area versus another and a variety of other factors including how high the dealer thinks he can charge and make a sale. Not being critical of dealers mind you. That is just the nature of the retail business I suppose.  

Also, unlike cars, the true wholesale price of spas is not generally known to the public as far as I can tell so knowing what a "fair" price might be is a very difficult beast to track down.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 05:04:22 pm »

Seems there is no readily available "list price" for spas. Different parts of the country seem to have different costs based on shipping to the dealer from the manufacturer as well as the probably the cost of doing business in one area versus another and a variety of other factors including how high the dealer thinks he can charge and make a sale. Not being critical of dealers mind you. That is just the nature of the retail business I suppose.  

Also, unlike cars, the true wholesale price of spas is not generally known to the public as far as I can tell so knowing what a "fair" price might be is a very difficult beast to track down.

Well said. This site does well to inform newcomers because there is no hard, firm information out there. I think a few people have responded to give a feel for what the spa sells for. Hopefully a few more might have input.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 07:28:38 pm »
We have the last 2006 Bengal in our inventory on sale for 6795.  It includes a Covermate II, a Durastep, subpanel, and delivery.  Customer also pays sales tax unless they have a doctor's prescription, and then it is tax free.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 10:32:38 pm »
Was it a 110v or 220v Bengal for $6000?  What was included?

Term, is yours 110 or 220?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spiderman

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 12:06:08 am »
My wife and I wet tested a Bengal.  Although we liked it, the way it was priced bothered me.  I don't know what they sell for just the DEAL I was offered was 6,000 cash + taxes.  
I would of done it for 5,550 tax incl.  There is a home show the first week of Feb.  They always have at least 3 different dealers there.
I've looked at 2 other brands other than Hot Springs.  
I guess my question is was that a good price or I am I correct with my gut feeling I'm paying his rent?

At $5,550 the dealer most likely would not be making a whole heck of a lot of money on that spa, believe it or not.  No matter what price you pay, you still will be paying some of his bills.  If you didn't he'd wouldn't be in business.  I had a heck of time initially with spa prices and thinking it was crazy to pay 6K or more on a hot tub.  But it's something we use every day and enjoy the benefits from using it.  If you're not comfortable with any price or deal, don't buy it.  Find a dealer and price you're comfortable with.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

grumpy

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 09:14:09 am »
I purchased a 2006 220v BENGAL in august on tax free weekend here in mass. I purchased before the price increase. I paid $6000 tax free including panel, cover lifter, steps, chemical startup kit, and delivery. $5500 seems like a steep discount I would offer $6000 including tax and all the above.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 09:14:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42