What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Epic Spa Frog  (Read 1730 times)

apple

Epic Spa Frog
« on: January 20, 2007, 12:59:04 pm »
I went to the Marquis dealer last night and really liked the Epic.  We are going to wet test tonight.  Does anyone have feedback about the Spa Frog?

Hot Tub Forum

Epic Spa Frog
« on: January 20, 2007, 12:59:04 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Epic Spa Frog
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 01:27:17 pm »
I am probably a good person to give you an accessment. Initally, I HATED the Spa Frog >:(.  I had a difficult time getting my water straightened out and it seemed linked to my Bromine levels :o.  After fighting for over 2 months, I tooks Chas' advice and dumped and started over. Since then, the Frog has been my friend!  ;). Once you get the cartridge settings right, water maintence is relatively simple. You can get opinions on here about Bromine VS chlorine, so just remember the Frog only uses Bromine.  The Frog is designed to maintain the bromine level in your tub because it is injected when pump 1 runs and during clean cycles. You will still need to shock the tub depending on usage, but you don't need to add chemicals after each soak.  If there are times that you won't be using your tub due to vacations, travel...whatever, Bromine would probably be a good choice for you. Just because the Frog is built into the Epic doesn't mean that you must use Bromine, you always have the option to dump your tub and use dichlor.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 07:32:08 am »
I quit using bromine a long time ago, but I still had a bunch of frog mineral cartridges.  I decided to keep them for winter use.  Anyways, I use dichlor and since our tub doesn't get much use, I only filter two - one hour cycles per day.  Whith dichlor only, the tub will go cloudy in about five or six days.  Whith the mineral cartridge installed, I just went 14 days without evn opening the lid and the water stayed crystal clear.  I added a small dose of dichlor and checked 24 hours later, still a residual.  Bottom line, the minerals are a great standby if you don't use the tub much and don't like bromine.
Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 07:32:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42