What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Out of Commission for awhile  (Read 9373 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Out of Commission for awhile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 11:48:02 am »
I seem to remember filling out a contest thing for Caldera where I can to come up with 30 reasons to own a hot tub or something.

[glow]Caldera, this would be a great time to let everyone know I won the contest.[/glow]

I have been asked to help with the judging. Actually, every one of the Caldera dealers worlwide has been asked, but it sounds so much more important if I put it the way I did, don't you think?

Anyway, the mothership - actually that refers to the HS side of things, so I guess Daughtership would be more appropriate for the Caldera team...

Whoever - they have done most of the judging and reduced the field to just a few. I'll go over to the dealer website and give my input later today. If I know them, I will not be able to see the names or locations, so I doubt I will be able to 'fix' it for you. Sorry.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 11:48:02 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 12:01:31 pm »
I seem to remember filling out a contest thing for Caldera where I can to come up with 30 reasons to own a hot tub or something.

Bill's entry should be easy to spot. It's the one where it says "because I am the omniscient moderator on one of the most visited spa forums in the known universe!" and "because I need to unwind after a brutal night of Curling!"
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 12:18:01 pm »

Bill's entry should be easy to spot. It's the one where it says "because I am the omniscient moderator on one of the most visited spa forums in the known universe!" and "because I need to unwind after a brutal night of Curling!"

And my current spa, which is not Caldera, is out of commission! ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 12:49:28 pm »

He just wrote reason #31 for me, I'm in the lead now.

I don't remember if the contest was for a particular tub, or your choice, I'll head over to the website and pick it out.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 12:52:34 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 12:59:34 pm »

Any news on this contest? When the winner will be annouced? Or if you can read the entries?
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 01:02:10 pm »

Any news on this contest? When the winner will be annouced? Or if you can read the entries?

I hope not, at least 10 of mine had to be pretty stupid, I was running out of ideas.  You know at least one person took it seriously and came up with 30 good ones.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 01:03:32 pm »
actually I found the cached page:

It's for the Geneva:

One Caldera Geneva® Utopia series spa with an approximate retail value of $10,100 will be awarded to the final winning entrant. The remaining finalists are not eligible for any prize(s).

Contest entries will be judged by Watkins and/or its advertising or public relations agency, on or about January 30, 2007.

Personally I like the Niagra, wich is basically the same tub, but doesn't have the lounger.  :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 01:35:17 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 06:32:51 pm »
My tub is down to 82, no pump here yet.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 07:45:30 am »
I'm slipping into angry now.   It's been 10 days since I reported the problem on the 8th.  That was a Monday.  Again, for those who missed the first part of the thread, there is no longer a Dynasty dealer in my town, and they contract with another long time local spa dealer to do their warranty work. I am under warranty.  At the time the problem was reported as metalic noise from pump #1 that everyone agreed is bearings going bad.  Back at this time, it was not hurting the operation of th tub, but I reduced the heat and filtration time to minimal to keep the pump from running any more than neccessary. On the 9th I called Dynasty and found out who was going to do the repairs.  I called them to make sure they were in contact with Dynasty.   It was 4 days late on the 12th that a tech came out to verify what parts (pump) were in my tub, despite my telling them exactly what was there.   Sunday night the pump failed totally and while soaking the temp dropped to 102. At this point, I had no heat or filtration and it becomes more of a serious problem.  On Monday I called Dynasty to make sure they got the info and would ship the part out ASAP.  They told me they were still waiting to hear from the local service guy (who as out Friday) as to what parts were needed. I told them exactly what pump I had and asked if it would ship out that day. He danced around the answer and I think he said yes. I assumed it would go out air.  I will call Dynasty back today and ask for how it shipped and a tracking number so I can know for sure when it  comes into Columbus.   Monday our weather turned cold.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 07:47:43 am by wmccall »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 02:22:22 pm »
What's worse that dealing with a dealer and manufactuer to get warranty service on  your tub?   Dealing with a different dealer and Manufacturer.  I can't tell who is telling the truth and who is CYA.  (not cyranic acid)  As far as the dealer is concerned this wasn't emergency service when I placed the call 10 days ago. However, it did become emergency service on Sunday the 14th and the dealer didn't order the pump until Monday the 15th, even though he visited and verified what I need on Friday the 12th.  Finally today, Dynasty acknowledged they shipped the pump via .UPS Ground!!!!!!!  But they won't tell me the date and tracking number because it wasn't shipped to me.  It may be their policy to ship ground, but I would have paid for overnight.  Idiots.  I'm just trying to take a trust but verify stance, as I know this call isn't terribly important to the mfg or the dealer, just to me.  I consider keeping this thing going 10 days as enough on my part. If more damage is caused by this thing freezing, I'm going to expect Dynasty to cover all damage.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 08:46:29 pm by wmccall »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 02:26:20 pm »
 Wm., I agree with you and find it  amazing how Dynasty and the dealer dropped the ball on this.

Who is the dealer that doesn't give 2 poops if your tub dies? I understand that dealers and manufactures have changed, but still  they agreed to service and support you. I wouldn't want to do business with eaither.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 02:27:20 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2007, 02:49:40 pm »
I'll give that second dealer the benefit of the doubt, at least until the pump arrives in Columbus, which the arrival date is currently being held secret. (I'm sure would have told me if it did come.) The tech nows I'm DOA now and promised to install it as soon as it came in (which I trust)   I'm still angry at the idjut at Dynasty who sent it our ground when I clearly told him it has become critical.  On a previous case with a flo control, I offered to pay for AIR shipment.

I was thinking of not even opening the cover until the pump arrives whenever that is, but I have been dropping in a little dichlor and running pump2 to keep the water from going south as who knows when I can refill now that things have turned cold.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 02:51:46 pm by wmccall »

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 07:11:30 pm »
That sucks.  Sure seems like they would have to cover any damage incurred by such a large delay, if something does happen.  Keep us updated!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2007, 07:26:27 pm »
That sucks.  Sure seems like they would have to cover any damage incurred by such a large delay, if something does happen.  Keep us updated!

The problem was that at first it was a noisy pump so there was no sense of urgency but that changed to being ko'd. This is certainly an example of how important it can be to have a local dealer as in this case Bill had one when he bought but unfortunately saw his dealer go under and now has to deal with having his manufacturer contract an independent guy (though he still should be well taken care of). I certainly hope all ends well but if I were in fear of the timing not working out I'd be asking that service guy to give me a loaner pump to get me by until the proper one arrived (who cares if it's the right HP as long as it'll filter/heat).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 07:28:18 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 08:49:05 pm »

I were in fear of the timing not working out I'd be asking that service guy to give me a loaner pump to get me by until the proper one arrived (who cares if it's the right HP as long as it'll filter/heat).

I'll ask him about that tomorrow. Great idea.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 08:49:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42