What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Out of Commission for awhile  (Read 9372 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Out of Commission for awhile
« on: January 15, 2007, 07:59:40 am »
Thursday the Spatech came out to verify what our pump was so they would be sure to order what was needed. My daughter talked to him so I didn't hear the story.   Hopefully it will be arriving today or tomorrow. Meanwhile, the pump finally gave out.  We got our last soak for awhile tonight.  I'll probably add daily chlorine and run pump #2 for 20 minutes at a time to keep the water from going south.  Of couse, WHYNOT's ice storm is headed our way.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 09:30:09 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Out of Commission for awhile
« on: January 15, 2007, 07:59:40 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Out of Commission for awhile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 10:59:46 am »
Bummer.

What did you do to ruin that perfectly good pump Bill?

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 11:24:19 am »
Any charges? :-?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 11:26:33 am »
Bummer.

What did you do to ruin that perfectly good pump Bill?

8-)

I assume the bearings are on the dry end?   How long do they typically last?  At this point, with the cold weather coming in, I'm getting a little nervous. Trying to follow up with the servicing company and Dynasty, they both tell me they are contacting each other verifying what I have.  Its been one week since my first contact.  I'm heading into not happy.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 11:55:27 am »
Typically the pump seal fails which allows water to get to the front bearing. All pump seals will wear out but bad water chemistry will make them wear faster. Make sure whatever pump you get has Viton pump seals in it, they are much more chemical resistant.

This is those things better spa manufactures will have standard in their pumps.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 12:39:31 pm by Gary »
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 12:03:17 pm »
Any charges? :-?

Yea, its going to be $75.   Since I have no dealer within 100 miles, I'll pay it happily as long as I get a working tub.

autoplay

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 04:07:57 pm »
What I wanna know Bill is,what does your wife think about a defective pump? Is she beyond the age to care if it works or not?  ;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 07:09:41 pm »
Its down to 95.  I helped my daughter move into a new, upstairs apartment Saturday, so my back is killing me today.  

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 08:05:50 am »
 I'll probably add daily chlorine and run pump #12 for 20 minutes at a time to keep the water from going south.  Of couse, WHYNOT's ice storm is headed our way.

You have a pump #12?  WOW.  That's some hot rod spa you've got there! ;)

How did you make out with the storm?  We up in Minneapolis got a half foot or so of snow- finally looks like winter here.  But thankfully, no ice.  Those ice storms are nasty.  Hope your power stays on.  

The cooler your spa water gets the slower it'll loose heat, so hang in there.
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 09:33:05 am »

You have a pump #12?  WOW.  That's some hot rod spa you've got there! ;)

How did you make out with the storm?  We up in Minneapolis got a half foot or so of snow- finally looks like winter here.  But thankfully, no ice.  Those ice storms are nasty.  Hope your power stays on.  

The cooler your spa water gets the slower it'll loose heat, so hang in there.

Pump #2 - Slap-slap.    Looks like the worst missed us, just a light ice coating here and there (the ground and roads are still warm from last week's 60's.  It is supposed to get in the teens tonight, perfect soaking weather  >:(

mjb

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 05:00:06 pm »
Bill,
Looks like a good time to try out some
of our Sundance and Jacuzzi Spas and
trade that spa of yours in ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 08:24:41 pm »
Bill,
Looks like a good time to try out some
of our Sundance and Jacuzzi Spas and
trade that spa of yours in ;D

There sure was a lot of nice looking ones when I was in there today picking up a new filter.  If I have to dump after this, I'll have two new filters for my Dynasty, thanks to my Jacuzzi/Sundance dealer!   Boy, you sure have it easy, showing up for work at 2!  ;)

Trade in, do you take the balance in labor?    I need one of those, will work for spa signs.  My current job will probably come to an end soon, then back to being a tax burden again

PS., down to 88!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 08:25:17 pm by wmccall »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 07:49:10 am »
12F this morning, I didn't open the cover.  Last night would have made a great soaking night.  I'll call the Spatech-CMH  this afternoon.

I seem to remember filling out a contest thing for Caldera where I can to come up with 30 reasons to own a hot tub or something.

[glow]Caldera, this would be a great time to let everyone know I won the contest.[/glow]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 09:18:21 am by wmccall »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 11:24:25 am »
12F this morning, I didn't open the cover.  Last night would have made a great soaking night.  I'll call the Spatech-CMH  this afternoon.

I seem to remember filling out a contest thing for Caldera where I can to come up with 30 reasons to own a hot tub or something.

[glow]Caldera, this would be a great time to let everyone know I won the contest.[/glow]

They are in the process of judging the entries now.  I think they will be announcing the winner in Feb.  Lobby with Judge Chad. ::) ;D :D ;) :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 11:29:44 am by hottubdan »
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 11:28:55 am »

There sure was a lot of nice looking ones when I was in there today picking up a new filter.  If I have to dump after this, I'll have two new filters for my Dynasty, thanks to my Jacuzzi/Sundance dealer!   Boy, you sure have it easy, showing up for work at 2!  ;)

Trade in, do you take the balance in labor?    I need one of those, will work for spa signs.  My current job will probably come to an end soon, then back to being a tax burden again

PS., down to 88!

C'mon over to Gahanna, mines set at 102.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 11:28:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42