What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sunbelt Spas - Need help fast!  (Read 4462 times)

cajun1

Sunbelt Spas - Need help fast!
« on: January 18, 2007, 10:41:01 am »
Does anyone have ANY info on Sunbelt Spas out of Houston?  I've narrowed my choice down to an LA Spas Concord or a Sunbelt Spas Monsoon, but I can't find hardly anything on the Sunbelt company.  They've been in business for almost 30 years.  I'm getting a good price on both, but I need to make a decision and I need some input if anyone has any.
Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Sunbelt Spas - Need help fast!
« on: January 18, 2007, 10:41:01 am »

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
Re: Sunbelt Spas - Need help fast!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 10:55:42 am »
I wouldn't feel rushed or pressured to make a decision if I were you -- best way to end up buying something you don't really want.  Good luck!
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 09:57:59 pm »
If I were you, I'd expand my list just a little bit.  If you live in Houston, you have a great Hot Spring dealer by the name of Richard's Total Backyard.

Sunbelt is not known for great quality.  I have a good friend who does nothing but repair spas.  He has made a pretty good amount of money off Sunbelt customers.  

One thing I found is that their seats are not comfortable.  They don't recess their jets so you feel them in your back.

If I were you, I'd look around at Hot Spring, Sundance, D1, etc.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 12:39:22 am »
LA Spa's has (in the past) had a LOT of problems. Many, many dealers have quit sellign them becuase corporate support was so poor.  Chances are that the dealer sellign LA today may well be selling a different (better) spa tomorrow.  Sunbelt is a decent spa but is pretty low end.  Little or no insulation.  They claim "thermal pane" design but it looks more like bare wood to me.  Also, Sunbelt spas are usually bought as "shell only" by dealers and then they add cheap jets to them.  It's a great way for a dealer to still make a LOT of profit on  a fairly inexpensive spa.  And they do!  In my humble opinion, you would do better getting one of tghe lower end units from a better name/brand company. Warranties will be better.  Components will be better.  Cost to run it will be FAR less, etc...If your budget is $5K (or more) don't waste it on a peice of junk you will be throwing out in 3 years (either of the two you mentioned).  For that price you can get into name brand stuff  If your looking at spending only $3,500 (Max) and can get one of those two for that price and you realize that they are inferior and will cost you more to run, you can either get one of those or one of the Spa's from Costco or Home Depot.  They are about the same thing
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 12:39:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42