What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Slippery Tub  (Read 9272 times)

The_Pa._Lady

Slippery Tub
« on: January 14, 2007, 03:51:44 pm »

Last night I spent some time in my tub, it was great!  

I was wondering if anyone out there has this problem:  I must be very careful when I get into the tub because it is very slippery.  The water chems are perfect.  The water feels soft, but like I said before the tub is slippery, we must really be careful not to slip before we get to sit down.  

Thanks for any input.

Hot Tub Forum

Slippery Tub
« on: January 14, 2007, 03:51:44 pm »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Re: Slippery Tub
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 09:16:49 pm »
I added a safety handle that has made a huge difference
in any feeling of slipping when entering/exiting the tub.

The safety handle swivels so it is there when getting in
and swivels to help you get out.

It normally attaches to the side of a tub or they
make one that slips under the tub...I customized
mine a bit....I love it.

Once in the tub lower yourself immediately down into
the water....then "glide" through the water to where
you want to be in the tub.....the more your body is standing
up or is sticking out of the water the more likely a slip.

Here is a picture before the safety handle:

Here is a picture after the safety handle.

Links To Safety Handle:

http://www.hottubessentials.com/leisure-concepts-accessories.asp

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Hot-Tub-Spa-Safe-T-Rail-BLACK-Safety-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ300028048342QQihZ020QQcategoryZ3243QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 10:16:48 pm »

Zep,

thank you for the pics.  I do agree that is the way to go.  It would be safer.

neocacher

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 10:22:22 pm »
I have to deal with slippery all the time, especially in the winter.  The patio is slippery when it snows, the stairs are slippery when it is below 32 degrees, and the tub is slippery also.  

My wife would take more soaks than she does, but she fears slipping and hurting herself.  

A person really needs to be careful, especially if the weather is cold and you are in a hurry to get in or out.

One slip and it will be all over.  

Be safe, be careful.

Neo

GoWyoGo

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 03:22:04 am »
Has anyone had problems w/ ice buildup outside the spa on deck or steps in sub-freezing temps? I was wondering if those "drain-thru" rubber mats would work to help from slipping when entering/exiting the tub? I have no idea where to find them locally, but i'm sure you could get them online. I have a nice ice patch where i get out of the tub and am concerned the kids may slip as they are not as cautious of these sorts of potential dangers.
"Beauty is in the eye of the Beer holder"

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 03:48:49 am »
Has anyone had problems w/ ice buildup outside the spa on deck or steps in sub-freezing temps? I was wondering if those "drain-thru" rubber mats would work to help from slipping when entering/exiting the tub? I have no idea where to find them locally, but i'm sure you could get them online. I have a nice ice patch where i get out of the tub and am concerned the kids may slip as they are not as cautious of these sorts of potential dangers.

Here's a link to company that sells all sorts of mats.
http://www.kofflersales.com/matrunnerstairtreads.asp
I personally have no experience with those outdoor mats but I would think that the ice would still stick to them. It can't be near as bad as ice on wood or concrete though. :o
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 03:50:40 am by WHY_NOT »

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 08:15:47 am »
The Sams club near me sells the thick mats with quarter size holes in them. They are the kind you might see behind a bar.

nicker

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 04:47:33 pm »
are you refering to the shell being slipperly like slimy feeling?   If so I would say your water must be near a water change or you may have  to get your sanatizer level up high to kill off what is making is slimy.  I find that when my tub get slimy or slippery its time for a water change.  I just had that and filled with fresh water and got the dichlor levels up and the tub walls feel nice and clean and no longer slippery.

tvaughan

• Hot Springs Grandee Owner
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 06:59:19 pm »

I ask this same question in Dec 04 and here's what  Doc suggested:

QUOTE From Dr. Spa on Dec 20th, 2004, 6:10pm
Suprising, no one has the simplest answer......... Take an extra towel with you and lay in on the steps before you get into the spa and take it back in the house when you're done. Not only will it keep most of the water off the steps, but it'll be more comfortable to stand on.

THIS IDEA IS copyrighted, patented, trademarked, and what ever else I can think up since no one else came up with it    

Please in the future refer to this as the "Dr. Spa ice no more steps, keep from fallign on your a$$ and your lil tootsies stay toastier warmer thingamajig." Thank you for your suport......... now back to our regular schedualed programming........... I gotta go find some work to do.....
 END QUOTE

It's what we've done from that day forward. It works well.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 07:01:41 pm by tvaughan »

GoWyoGo

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 02:40:59 am »
thx tvaughan and thx Doc.

I just need to get rid of the huge ice patch  on the deck and then it will be Doc's Towel method from now on!
"Beauty is in the eye of the Beer holder"

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 02:40:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42