What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need some privacy...  (Read 23114 times)

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Re: Need some privacy...
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2007, 11:25:03 pm »
The Porche is a REAL 997 turbo (around $150K). The CLS was a CLS55 and may even have possibly also been either a Brabus or Kleeman mod (~$130K car).   The Lambo was around $150 as well so yep, a little shy of 1/2 a mil in "toys" in those pics!

When I said... "I plead the 5th" I meant that I didn't want to confess that it wasn't mine   I guess I had a few of you going for a little while there (I even titled the pics "My garage" in the event that someone wanted to dive a little deeper into investigation).    I did have a fairly high performance Benz a little while back (CLK55) when they were a good bit more rare than they are today.  Only 800 were produced and shipped to America in 2001.  At the time it was the fastest production car you could get and came stock with 349HP. Ran a 4.9 second Zero to sixty and could turn a Quarter mile in under 13 seconds.  I bought it off a pilot who had his route cut and simply needed out of it.  That allowed me to drive it for about 20 months before selling it for within $1,500 of what I had paid him for it.  It was a blast!  Those pics are from one of the other forums I visit and is not unusual to find a dozen or so guys with those kinds of toys.  This particular guy had just replaced his Porche with the Lambo and wanted to show us his change.  I kept the pick because I do plan on doing that to my current 3-car garage (as a summertime project).  COst is about $1,400 if I do the work myself.  It's actually peices that fit together and has insulation underneath to keep the garage quiet.  It was very nicely done.  I curently drive a loaded Acura TL  with a few mods and had a Lexus GX470 for my business and wife drives a Highlander Hybrid.  We sold the Lexus (and miss it) but didn't need it for the business any longer and it was a little rough on fuel (17MPG).  I had a convertable Corvette in the not to distant past and am currently looking for a 2000 or 2001 Lotus Esprit or a early-mid 60's corvette convert.  Drooling over the Barrett-Jackson cars show right now...But, nope, not mine...

BTW - I have a VERY hard time putting any more than $50K into ANY one car myself
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 11:31:20 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2007, 11:25:03 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2007, 12:26:49 am »
The Porche is a REAL 997 turbo (around $150K).
You don't see to many of those around. He had me fooled.

At the time it was the fastest production car  

Are you sure?  :-/  http://www.autofacts.ca/classics/fast.htm

I curently drive a loaded Acura TL  with a few mods and had a Lexus GX470 .
I like your taste in cars. What mods did you do to your TL?

I am currently looking for a 2000 or 2001 Lotus Esprit

I looked into buying a Lotus Elise. I test drove one and it was nice and very fast but way to impractical. It's basically just you and two seats. It's fine for the track but way to stiff for everyday driving. I opted for a 350Z instead. I've done a few bolt on mods myself but no turbos or anything like that. You might as well just by a faster car imo, as the turbo system I wanted was around $7000 w/ installation and to keep this legit, That's about how much my spa, patio, and privacy fence was. I think I made the more practical desicion. :D

« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 03:03:15 am by WHY_NOT »

Styx555

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2007, 08:30:52 am »
"WHY NOT", how tall is your privacy fence? I noticed yours has no lattice, would you have gone for the top foot being lattice or do you prefer the way it is?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2007, 08:50:32 am »

I didn't see the McClaren on that list. ???
07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2007, 08:50:38 am »

I didn't see the McClaren on that list. ???
07 Caldera Geneva

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2007, 09:52:37 am »
re: a Lexus GX470 for my business

ndabunka.....you sold it?

Shame on you!

I love mine!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2007, 04:56:24 pm »
"WHY NOT", how tall is your privacy fence? I noticed yours has no lattice, would you have gone for the top foot being lattice or do you prefer the way it is?

The panels are 6' x 6' and the posts are 6'' x 6''. I kept the panels about 4 inches above my patio for a total height of 76''.  I thought about going the lattice route b/c imo they look a little nicer but I opted for the full privacy ones as I needed the maximum amount to block the veiw from my neighbors who are practically "on top" of me. I'm very happy that I went the route I did. :D

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2007, 05:00:07 pm »
Not certain why they would have the 2003 and 2004 CLK55's in there but not the 2001 CLK55 as it was "slightly" quicker (It weighs less than the newer ones).  I think the fastest (normally aspirated) production car was from zero to 60 in Benz's marketing materials.  It came in @ 4.9.  I see there was a porche turbo in 2001 (turbo removes it from consideration) and a Lamborgini (enough said).  The corvette may also have been quicker but that also may have been a limited production run.  I think my best 1/4 mile was around 13.2 (but I do kno that others who did minor mods were getting down into the 12.5 range.   As many of you know also know, that 55 engine is the same one that they put into the E55 but they Super charged it.  A few guys S/C'd the CLK55's and get 11 second runs upwards or 125MPH (of course, S/Cing them also gives them another 100HP as well)

TL only has 19" wheels and the Fujita CAI so far.  S/C for it only adds 40HP or so and cost like $2,800.  Considering the Benz S/C is $8K, that could be considered cheap...  LOL!
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2007, 06:34:03 pm »
Well, I collect old Fords. Here's my latest addition to the collection:

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Brookenstein

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2007, 07:40:27 pm »
Well, I collect old Fords. Here's my latest addition to the collection:

My grandpa has one like that that he has to jimmy rig with a screwdriver to start.   ;)  Still works and he uses it regularly.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2007, 07:40:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42