What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Dealers  (Read 3321 times)

tubhunter

Sundance Dealers
« on: January 14, 2007, 04:07:59 pm »
1)  I live in the Atlanta area, and cannot find a Bahia.  The only Bahias available are with a stereo, and I have been quoted prices over $7,000, which is more than what I want to spend.  Does anyone have a Bahia without a stereo, that could give me a quote?

2)  The local dealer is offering me a Burlington, with a circulation pump and ozonator.  I have seen conflicting reports on what is in the Burlington.  Does anyone have a Burlington?  Does anyone know how many pumps (have been told 1 and 2 by different dealers) and the horsepower of the pumps (2.5, 2.0, 1.5?).  Has anyone wet tested it?  I haven't been able to wet test, as the only one available is at the warehouse.  Thanks for any assistance!

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Dealers
« on: January 14, 2007, 04:07:59 pm »

Chris_H

Re: Sundance Dealers
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 10:00:11 am »
The Bahia without a stereo runs around $6,500 - $7,000.  If you local dealers don’t have one, what can you do?  I said this before ask your dealer to try to find a Bahia from a different dealer and have them swap.  Most dealers, that I have seen, usually stock it with a stereo.  

Burlington has fewer features than the Bahia.  I don’t think it had circulation pump in 2006 models, but ozone can be added.  It has 2 2HP motors one of which can be put on low speed for filtering.  I think it was a pretty popular model for Sundance last year.  It should be priced under $6,000.

tubhunter

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 10:32:53 am »
Thanks Chris.  So far, the dealer is only willing to sell me a Burlington, which isn't what I really want.  Their computer showed some Bahias in Texas, but their not willing to try and get them.  Unless, anyone else has some ideas, I may just give up on them.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 10:36:07 am »
Thanks Chris.  So far, the dealer is only willing to sell me a Burlington, which isn't what I really want.  Their computer showed some Bahias in Texas, but their not willing to try and get them.  Unless, anyone else has some ideas, I may just give up on them.

Just curious...why would you want to do business with someone who seems like they won't go out of their way to help you?

Is the Bahia a discontinued model? :-[
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

tubhunter

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 10:41:03 am »
I liked the Bahia and the Palermo models the best, out of all the tubs I wet tested.  Both models have been discontinued for 2007.  Instead, there will be new models, (probably the same design), but with waterfalls, and other add-ons that I don't consider necessary.  Since Sundance stopped manufacturing their 2006 line, there are only a few available.  The local dealer's reluctance to try and find a Bahia without  a stereo from somehwere else is disconcerting.  

Chris_H

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 11:28:24 am »
Don’t buy the Burlington if you don’t like it.  If you live in Atlanta and the closest dealer that has a Bahia without a stereo is Texas, I would consider your complaint without merit.  If they can drive an hour to a different Sundance dealer to get a Bahia fine, but to go to Texas is not reasonable.  

I don't know if you did this, but ask them specifically to call the 2 or 3 closest Sundance dealers.  Tell your dealer you are willing to pay them in full up front, prior to them picking the spa up from the other dealer.  One of the reasons dealers are reluctant to do this is because most spas are financed by the manufacturer, if it is paid in full prior to them picking it up from the other dealer they can immediately pay the other dealer for their costs associated with the spa.  I typically would not recommend paying in full, but you are asking the dealer to do something for you.  They might want something in return.  Paying in full up front helps and lets them know you are serious.

The bottom line is the Bahia with the stereo is going to cost about the same as the Chelsee (the model it replaced) without a stereo.  

Have you considered going to a smaller 800 series spa (like an Altamar or Majesta) and increase your budget an extra $1,000 - $1,500 for a much more fully featured spa. Both would be more expensive, but the features on those spas put the Bahia to shame.  Have you also considered financing that extra money (for a 800 series spa or a Bahia with a stereo) instead of paying up front for it?  

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 11:48:18 am »
Tubhunter said he liked the Bahia and is not interested in the extra features the new spas have.  Why would he want to go 800 series?  I agree Texas is too far to go to get a spa.

Tubhunter...what is it you like about the Bahia?  Last year we had several customers chooing between a Saspian and a Bahia.  Some bought the Caspian  :D, some the Bahia :P.

What I am really saying is the Caspain might be a viable alternative.  It does have a waterfall, but no stereo.  It has not been discontinued for 2007. ;)

Food for thought.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

tubhunter

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 12:30:46 pm »
Thanks for the replies.  I mentioned Texas because the dealer told me there were 2 there.  This raises the question, why tell me that, if you're not going to do anything about it?  In Georgia, as far as I know, Sundance is sold exclusively by one chain of stores.  They already checked their inventory in Georgia, and they only have Bahias and Palermos with stereos, and they want around $7,200 for them.  I want to keep the price around $6,000-$6,300.

I know I could raise my budget over $7,000, but I don't want to do that.  I wet tested the Caspian and the Bahia.  I preferred the Bahia.  I thought the jet action was stronger.  The Caspian was also more expensive.  The dealer wanted around $7,000.

If I can't make a deal with Sundance, (which doesn't appear likely), I may check Dimension One.  They had two I tested early on, that I'll have to look at again, the Sojourn and Aurora II.  I'm also close to throwing in the towel all together.  Maybe I'll just buy a sauna!  

JJ

• Vita Nuage
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 03:07:55 pm »
Tubhunter,

I know what you mean about the Atlanta Sundance dealer.  Very Expensive.  Spas are not their main line of business.

I personally shopped and wet tested almost evey line of spas in Atlanta and bought a Vita from Atlanta Spa.  I can highly recommend the dealer as someone who takes care of their customer.  PM me if you want the details.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 03:07:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42