What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Spa  (Read 11994 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Caldera Spa
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2007, 11:13:03 pm »
The Kauai does have a light.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2007, 11:13:03 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 12:23:36 am »

Btw 2, if and when you decide to purchase the Kauai, tell the dealer you'll sign the papers right now if they throw in the stairs and lifter at no charge, since they're so reluctant on budging it's price. That's not to much to ask as most dealers around here included both of those w/ their spas. :)

Not so fast my friend. The "Most dealers" you speak of don't give them away for free (or for no charge). They may have been "included" but you can't say the next dealer should just throw them in because another dealer worked them into the package as part of their sale price.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 01:49:43 am »

Not so fast my friend. The "Most dealers" you speak of don't give them away for free (or for no charge). They may have been "included" but you can't say the next dealer should just throw them in because another dealer worked them into the package as part of their sale price.

I know their not free and probably just added into the sale price of the spa.
I was just saying that 6 of the 8 dealers that I visited around here included them w/ their spas "sale price" and since his dealer won't budge on the Kauai's price to try and see if they'll throw in some extras. :D

P.s.- I reworded that post a little to make things more clear.
Thanks for keepin' an eye on me. :D

Chad
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 02:01:40 am by WHY_NOT »

TASTEofVirginia

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 09:35:55 am »
Yes I got some information but still would like to hear anything else that anybody suggests or has input on.  Think we are going to see if we can do a wet test on Mon and take checkbook that day and say write a check right now if you throw stairs and lifter in with price.  

TASTEofVirginia

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 09:40:42 am »
The Kauai does have a light.

8-)
Yes it has one blue led light I believe, do you know if it is possible to maybe get gels to go over the light?  Anything else you can tell me about the tub since I see you are a dealer of them. Thanks.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2007, 09:46:47 am »
 Think we are going to see if we can do a wet test on Mon and take checkbook that day and say write a check right now if you throw stairs and lifter in with price.  
I can almost gaurantee you that they'll throw them in, if you can "sell" yourself well enough.
Good luck and I hope the wet test goes well.

Webini

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2007, 10:14:50 am »
Yes I got some information but still would like to hear anything else that anybody suggests or has input on.  Think we are going to see if we can do a wet test on Mon and take checkbook that day and say write a check right now if you throw stairs and lifter in with price.  

Check and make sure that this particular tub has the ozone option.

I still think the price is high for essentially a 2005 used tub.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007, 11:27:41 am »
Yes it has one blue led light I believe, do you know if it is possible to maybe get gels to go over the light?  Anything else you can tell me about the tub since I see you are a dealer of them. Thanks.

You can upgrade to multi colored LED lights.  

If you were to add ozone your price should be about the same as a Jetsetter.  A J 315 should be close to the same price also.

Price seems to be geographically driven. ;D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2007, 11:43:55 am »

Well, the Kauai is the same size as the Jetsetter, but the JS is more open inside. The JS has five seating positions - counting the cooling bench - but you will not get more than three in at a time comfortably. The recliner is comfortable at both ends, hence the five seating positions, not five people at once. The Kauai has three seats, and it seats three at a time - it's recliner sits one direction only.

The JS has the MotoMassage as it's main jetting feature. If you like that jet - I do - then the JS would be the logical choice. If you try the Moto - either a wet test or at least putting your arm down in front of it in a running spa - you will know if it appeals to you or not.

The Kauai has the Versassage jets, which are quite powerful, and easily change from straight to rotary at the touch of a finger. Which one you like is a personal choice you will have to make. They both have their strengths.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2007, 12:17:27 pm »

Well, the Kauai is the same size as the Jetsetter, but the JS is more open inside. The JS has five seating positions - counting the cooling bench - but you will not get more than three in at a time comfortably. The recliner is comfortable at both ends, hence the five seating positions, not five people at once. The Kauai has three seats, and it seats three at a time - it's recliner sits one direction only.

The JS has the MotoMassage as it's main jetting feature. If you like that jet - I do - then the JS would be the logical choice. If you try the Moto - either a wet test or at least putting your arm down in front of it in a running spa - you will know if it appeals to you or not.

The Kauai has the Versassage jets, which are quite powerful, and easily change from straight to rotary at the touch of a finger. Which one you like is a personal choice you will have to make. They both have their strengths.

8-)

So, if both have their strengths which one is stronger?  :) ;) :D ;D :-?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 01:25:25 pm »
I can almost gaurantee you that they'll throw them in, if you can "sell" yourself well enough.
Good luck and I hope the wet test goes well.

Sorry but that is just not necessarily true. If we gave someone a REAL sales price that does not include a lifter and steps they would stand ZERO chance of getting them thrown in. They certainly could haggle on them and if they're adament they may get a very good bargain price (maybe even at cost) but we would NOT throw them in if the price was already at a low point. Now if we gave them a standard starting point price (where we have room to haggle) then we'd listen to their request to "throw them in" and may do so. There is no way for us here to know how much margain that dealer has allowed on this sale so we can't "guarantee" anything BUT I certainly WOULD TRY to get them to throw it in and go from there, it doesn't hurt to ask. If you don't agree then you haven't seen a dealer say "No, we can't go that low" when a customer says they need the deal their way or they're walking (and yes, I've seen them walk over a "no thanks" response). Both sides have the right to give a "take it or leave it" request and both sides have the right to say "no thanks" so no one should ever be put off by the answer from the other.  
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 02:55:53 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 01:28:10 pm »

Sorry but is just not necessarily true. If we gave someone a REAL sales price that does not include a lifter and steps they would stand ZERO chance of getting them thrown in. They certainly could haggle on them and if they're adament they may get a very good bargain price (maybe even at cost) but we would NOT throw them in if the price was already at a low point. Now if we gave them a standard starting point price (where we have room to haggle) then we'd listen to their request to "throw them in" and may do so. There is no way for us here to know how much margain that dealer has allowed on this sale so we can't "guarantee" anything BUT I certainly WOULD TRY to get them to throw it in and go from there, it doesn't hurt to ask. If you don't agree then you haven't seen a dealer so "No, we can't go that low" when a customer says they need the deal their way or they're walking (and yes, I've seen them walk over a "no thanks" repsonse). Both sides have the right to give a "take it or leave it" request and both sides have the right to say "no thanks" so no one should ever be put off by the answer from the other.  

Very well put.  I think Spatech has described quite well how spa sales and haggling really work.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 01:28:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42