What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: broken jets  (Read 2683 times)

ramseyh

broken jets
« on: January 12, 2007, 08:45:37 pm »
Could anyone tell me if you have experienced any problems with jets breaking?  The tabs that keep them attached to the tub break off for no apparent reason, and they sort of shoot off.  This has happened to two of our jets so far, on a 3 week old spa.  Somewhat worriesome, I have to admit, but the dealer has replaced them both but doesn't have any real explantion for the problem.
Any thoughts?

Thanks, Ramsey

Hot Tub Forum

broken jets
« on: January 12, 2007, 08:45:37 pm »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Re: broken jets
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 09:10:12 pm »
what kind of tub do you have?

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 09:54:39 pm »
I think someone had posted awhile back (maybe last summer?) about having issues with the tabs that hold the jets in....I don't recall who, what brand, etc....but I think the fix was a newer style piece....it's possible that the ones you've got were faulty by design....
RIP C-Rod

anne

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 10:19:34 pm »
That was me, and it was an Arctic, and the jets were redesigned in 2005. I switched out all my jets, and the only problem now is that I cannot get some of them out again! I am ignoring the issue for now. The holidays and being god-awful sick for weeks on end slowed me down.
Dance like nobody's watching

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 10:31:02 pm »
I had that problem with my tub (still do - one just broke), it's an Artesian but apparently a few manufacturers had gotten bad jets from Waterway and I thought by now they should be OK.

Call your dealer and they should be covered under warranty. It's a little disheartening but hopefully once the problem jets are replaced the tub will problem free. Maybe if the jets are Waterway that a few bad jets were unfortunately used in your tub and the 2 are it.

ramseyh

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 08:47:30 am »
My tub is made by Artesian-- the dealer I purchased from said they would replace them for a year, so I'm guessing that will be sufficient time for of all the bad ones to break.  It is disheartening after spending 6K+, but I'm hoping that it will be without any other problems for a long, long time.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 10:16:26 am »
What year is your tub ... is it a 2005? Is it an Island series? Is it the big swirly jets by any chance?

I'm surprised that the dealer said only 1 year - my dealer has told me that they will replace them for the duration of the warranty. MAybe you should address the issue with the dealer with the warranty in your hand ... if that doesn't work I would contact Artesian directly - I have found them to be extremely helpful. The Warranty of an Island series is 3 years.

As I was going through the jets, my wife wanted me to get rid of the tub. 'What kind of POS did you buy' was all I heard. My tub is an early 2005 and Artesian did ackknowledge that they had problems with Waterway jets.

Hope this helps!

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 10:33:33 am »
Vinny - is the problem just with the 2005's?  As you know, I have a 2006 Piper Glen.  Will I be experiencing this problem soon?  By the way, the dealer still didn't get the filters in.....I think my husband wound up ordering them online at Spa Depot.....I think.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 11:19:51 pm »
I think the problem jets were in late 2004 and so some 2004 and 2005 tubs were affected. It actually is a problem with a few manufacturer of tubs. I had heard about it in late 2005 and apparently the manufacturers were aware of the problem and took the bad jets off the shelf.

I guess there can be a remote possibility that a couple of jets were missed at the factories ( found a box of them)but I doubt it.

ramseyh

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 08:56:35 am »
It is a 2006 Resort Spa made by Artesian, for Watson's Pool and Spa. (Evidently they are only in about six states.) The lounge has a dedicated pump and that's where the jets have broken- really powerful water action there; and yes, they are the whirly type jets.  I was told they had great customer service-- so if this continues I guess I'll find out if that's true.  So far we really like it except for that problem.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 08:56:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42