What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Five Tri-X filters....What to soak them in?  (Read 8789 times)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: Five Tri-X filters....What to soak them in?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 10:23:56 pm »
(I've replaced the Tri-X on the circ pump with a standard pleated filter) quote]

T-Lady,

I don't think I have ever seen a standard filter.  Do you find it harder to clean?  I should probably check one out next time I'm in for chemicals.
kervis, by 'standard filter' I mean the normal pleated filters that are standard issue with many tubs...the Tri-X is a high flow filter, the pleated isn't. If you get a hold of your dealer, s/he can show you what I mean. Those don't go in the dishwasher, just the Tri-X. The pleated ones can get hosed off, filter cleaner stuff used, etc..for me, it IS harder to clean, simply because it's a different method than the rest. But that's just my $.02.
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 10:23:56 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2007, 01:55:48 pm »
There used to be cool Flasks available to soak these things in. I have one that is sized exactly for HS filters - one at a time. I used to use it to soak the floor model filters.

I don't see it available anywhere now - if anyone wants to order some, let me know - I will buy a stick of PVC pipe and some test caps. I think that is all these things were anyway - you'll have to spill your own glue on them for that real cool finish, and I don't know that the brush was such a hot idea anyway.

But they used very little water - I would have to pull mine out and do a test to be sure, but it seems to me that it was only a gallon to cover a filter. And I would soak the real dirty filter in one batch, then the other four in another batch. But you might very well be able to do all five in one batch if they are not real filthy. Either way, you should only be out two gallons of water, and most filter cleaning solutions make about five gallons per.

Anybody interested?

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2007, 02:34:24 pm »
Chas:
Am I correct in thinking that I don't have to soak Tri-X filters if I clean them using the dishwasher?  If so, I'm going that route.
Rich
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2007, 02:45:12 pm »
Actually, the dishwasher is just a good way to rinse the filters.

Some folks have used dishwasher soap - this would do both the cleaning and the rinsing.

Be sure not to have any JetDry going onto the filters - it ruins them.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 03:07:19 pm »
Actually, the dishwasher is just a good way to rinse the filters.

Some folks have used dishwasher soap - this would do both the cleaning and the rinsing.

Be sure not to have any JetDry going onto the filters - it ruins them.

8-)

Thanks, Chas.  
No more JetDry for me.  I'm going to try vinegar in the dispenser and see how my glasses look.  I can't think of any reason why vinegar would harm the filters, either.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 03:07:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42