What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just bought a new tub.  HS Prodigy!  (Read 5150 times)

nlittle

• Hot Springs Prodigy 2006
Just bought a new tub.  HS Prodigy!
« on: January 08, 2007, 08:15:50 am »
Hey everyone!  After much evesdropping, searching and research we just bought a HS Prodigy.  I think we got a good deal...Tub (floor model), Cover, Covermate 1, Chemical startup kit, plus the crane to put it on the deck for a little over $5500.00.    Our friends have the same model so we have wettested it a few times.  It's being delivered Wednesday assuming our deck guys come over in the rain today and finish the reinforcements....cross your fingers.  
Anyway, thanks for all the advance info and talk to you soon.   ;D

Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often!

Hot Tub Forum

Just bought a new tub.  HS Prodigy!
« on: January 08, 2007, 08:15:50 am »

MostlyLurkingGal

Re: Just bought a new tub.  HS Prodigy!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 08:46:46 am »
Congrats!!! Remember.....pics posted here are required!!

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 10:49:37 am »
Congratulations!  I loved my Prodigy and it worked like a charm for years.  Good Luck with yours!

(And we do require pictures)
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 10:30:26 pm »

You won't be sorry.  We have a 2006 Prodigy and love it.  That was a very good price.  We paid a little over 6,000.  Good luck and happy tubbing.

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 12:14:27 am »
Congrats!!  Welcome to the family of many happy Hot Spring owners. :D
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

nlittle

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 02:29:08 pm »
It's in the driveway getting a cover lifter installed....
The crane should be here anytime!  
Yay!

bluesman

• '07 Marquis Reward
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 02:40:40 pm »
Congrats!!! :)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 02:44:54 pm »
Congrats, did you go with the dealer in MA?
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 10:52:08 pm »
May you soak long and prosper.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

nlittle

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 04:13:38 am »
Congrats, did you go with the dealer in MA?

Nope, I went with Oasis in Nashua.  A friend referred me there.  So far they have been great.

nlittle

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 02:48:10 pm »
Just had my first soak!!  I love the Prodigy.
I have it hooked up as 115v and it took about 36 hours to heat up with below freezing temps the entire time.  I think thats pretty good.  Have a little of that pool or spa smell on me but it's not strong.  sigh...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 03:03:15 pm »
Well... the delivery crew should have done a chlorine shock if they filled and started your spa. That is a one-time thing, you shouldn't have to shock again for a month or so. At that time you might wait one day before getting in, that will allow the chlorine the time it needs to dissipate.

Also, I should mention "Chas' Law" at this point: all new tub owners should drain/refill their tubs at the end of the first month of ownership. This is for your health, safety and mental well-being. Most new tubbers over attend their babies during this first month. They also give up more skin oil and other contaminants as well as just flat out USE the thing more than they will down the road.

So the intial fill water gets hammered early. Change it at around 30 days. It's not real important to get 101% of the water out, just turn off the power, drain and refill. Keep the lid on so any residual heat can be retained to help it reheat faster. You'll be glad you did.

Enjoy.

8-)

nlittle

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 03:29:23 pm »
Thanks for the tip. I probably will do a drain in a month if we use it as much as I think we will.  I had to set it up myself and did the shock last night, balanced the PH etc this morning.   I'm not too worried about micromanaging the water because I've have had fish tanks for about 15 years.  I learned by killing fish that you can test/adjust water too much very easily.  LOL  
My only concern is getting the amount of chlorine right and consistant without using a test strip 2x a day!
There is one question I have...
Do you put chlorine in after each use (according to the gallons etc) if you know that you will be using it again in a few hours?  
I did this time at about 2:45.  I think there will be another dip with more folks at around 7.  I only used 1/2 tsp and there were 2 of us in ther for 30 mins.  I think it should be OK then...right?

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 11:53:29 pm »

My only concern is getting the amount of chlorine right and consistant without using a test strip 2x a day!
Do you put chlorine in after each use (according to the gallons etc) if you know that you will be using it again in a few hours?  
I did this time at about 2:45.  I think there will be another dip with more folks at around 7.  I only used 1/2 tsp and there were 2 of us in ther for 30 mins.  I think it should be OK then...right?

nlittle, go to this link and check out the "Vermonter Style" for dichlor dosing. http://www.rhtubs.com/bbs/FAQ.htm

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 02:06:13 pm »
Yes - that is a small amount of chlorine, and yes, I always put in a touch as I get out, even if others are going in or the tub will be used later that day/evening.

8-)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 02:06:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42