What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Problems with the Hot Spring Privacy Screen  (Read 8245 times)

bluesman

• '07 Marquis Reward
Re: Problems with the Hot Spring Privacy Screen
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 08:48:54 pm »
To the credit of HS engineering, I think there must be some missing parts to this assembly.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 08:48:54 pm »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2007, 09:09:09 pm »
Why do you need a privacy screen??  Your back yard looks awesome!!  I wish I had the same view......... :'(

Well, you know the saying:  A fool and his money......
I just thought it would look nice there.  And I have a neighbor across the ravine who is somewhat visible during the winter months.  Plus the HotSpring sales staff were very persuasive (although I do thing they put something in my drink that evening)

All I know is I woke up the next morning with receipt for a loaded Envoy, a bar, stools. a stereo that's hidden somewhere in the tub (and that I've never actually seen) and a promise of a screen that matched the tub.  I owned the screen for 4 days and now there is a check in the mail.

It was still a fun night.  This is how it happens in the People's Republic of Maryland.  I think I'll go out and sit in the loaded Envoy now.

Term:  Does it go down the same way in the Great State of Texas?
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Vanguard

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 12:24:09 am »
You know, even though the screen was on its side, I think it looks like a nice screen.  It just simply seems to need a better anchor system.

Before we all start panning this product, give Hot Spring a chance to make it right.  It seems to me, they usually do.

The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 12:37:19 am »
 It just simply seems to need a better anchor system.
The only way a screen like that could handle wind is if it was cemented into the slab about a foot. Even then, during high winds, I think it would eventually start to crack where the base met the slab.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 09:24:08 am »
The only way a screen like that could handle wind is if it was cemented into the slab about a foot. Even then, during high winds, I think it would eventually start to crack where the base met the slab.

I always thought if someone was to take a couple of large, deep terra cotta  planters, fill with cement and set some 4 x 4 posts in them they should be able to hold an 8ft  section of privacy fencing.  They'd also be somewhat move abe.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 09:25:02 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Vanguard

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 07:41:56 pm »

I agree.  That is probably the only way.  I don't have a screen, but I imagine it is not something you can keep up all the time.  Of course, if that is the case, why did they include anchors?  

I am curious, does anyone have a screen like this that actually stands up?
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 07:51:26 pm »

I agree.  That is probably the only way.  I don't have a screen, but I imagine it is not something you can keep up all the time.  Of course, if that is the case, why did they include anchors?  

I am curious, does anyone have a screen like this that actually stands up?

Well, I just checked and the privacy screen on the Hot Spring website is still standing!  :)
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Vanguard

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 07:53:22 pm »

Well, I just checked and the privacy screen on the Hot Spring website is still standing!  :)

Funny ;D ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2007, 04:11:09 pm »
Arborvitae trees make great privacy screens.
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2007, 11:28:15 am »
Well, for the price of a good vinyl privacy screen, you might be able to put in two or three fence posts. Set them back from the slab, or put them right at the edge. At that point you could choose to mount a couple of fence panels from the home center on them, or simply string up some roll-up bamboo or vinyl shades, stretch some shade cloth, or buy some vinyl fence panels ready-made. Even a couple of vinyl lattice panels would still be under budget, but you would have to mount them well or they would sag and bend in the breeze.

We get Santa Ana winds in March and April, so most of our customers don't put out screens - or patio umbrellas for that matter - unless they have some form of wind shelter, and/or support on top as well as bottom.

Free thoughts...

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2007, 11:28:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42