What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I should have asked...  (Read 3081 times)

bluesman

• '07 Marquis Reward
I should have asked...
« on: January 11, 2007, 03:03:13 pm »
I want to make sure I cover all my bases before I drop 10K on a new spa. I've narrowed it down to three: 1) HS Envoy; 2) Sundance Cameo ; 3) Marquis Epic and will wet test all three very soon. I know they are three of the best spas you can buy, but I want to be certain I've chosen the best spa. I'm wondering if there's anything I forgot to ask. The obvious things are warranty and customer service. What other questions should I ask before I bite the bullet.

Thanks,

Bluesman 8-)

Hot Tub Forum

I should have asked...
« on: January 11, 2007, 03:03:13 pm »

RUBADUBDUB

Re: I should have asked...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 03:10:48 pm »
All 3 are EXCELLENT TUBS!!!  As long as the dealerships are reputable and you feel comfortable in your experience with them then I would say let the wet test decide for you.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 03:17:26 pm »
You've wet tested these, right?

Researched the dealer?
07 Caldera Geneva

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 03:24:20 pm »
You've wet tested these, right?

Researched the dealer?
He says he is planning to wet test.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 03:26:03 pm »
Your choices are exactly the same tubs that we had narrowed our search down to when we were shopping.  We ended up going with the Sundance Cameo.  It simply fit our body type/shape better than the other two.   All three are molded similar but different so you have got to test them to see what fits you best.  

Once you realize that testing a spa is like trying on shoes to see if they fit and are comfortable, then the decision becomes easy.

Best of luck!

bluesman

• '07 Marquis Reward
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 03:41:15 pm »

Once you realize that testing a spa is like trying on shoes to see if they fit and are comfortable, then the decision becomes easy.

That's a great analogy! I agree try before you buy it. Thanks 8-)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 03:46:02 pm »
He says he is planning to wet test.

I've been a complete spaz lately. I think I need to lie down.
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 03:50:04 pm »
Ironic - the shoes in your Avatar don't look particularly comfy...

But then, women are known to pay a higher price for fashion than men.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 03:52:31 pm »
I want to make sure I cover all my bases before I drop 10K on a new spa. I've narrowed it down to three: 1) HS Envoy; 2) Sundance Cameo ; 3) Marquis Epic and will wet test all three very soon. I know they are three of the best spas you can buy, but I want to be certain I've chosen the best spa. I'm wondering if there's anything I forgot to ask. The obvious things are warranty and customer service. What other questions should I ask before I bite the bullet.

Thanks,

Bluesman 8-)

You better add Jacuzzi to your list if you havent tried or looked you should.

My 2 cents worth!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 04:19:53 pm »

You better add Jacuzzi to your list if you havent tried or looked you should.

My 2 cents worth!!

I thought he had narrowed down to 3 tubs? I guess if he better add Jacuzzi to the list he better add Artesian, Bullfrog, Beachcomber, LA Spas, D1, etc. to the list as well and now he's back to the starting point. It's like Groundhog Day!!!   :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 04:20:15 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

cburk0677

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 04:49:57 pm »
10k seems high to me for the Envoy. I sure hope that price includes tax. Why is the Envoy so much more than the Vanguard? I got a Vanguard 2006 for a little over 8k and that includes tax. Only real difference I see in the Envoy is that it has a lounger, and from what I've read people regret buying spas with loungers.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 04:50:57 pm by cburk0677 »
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 05:22:00 pm »

I thought he had narrowed down to 3 tubs? I guess if he better add Jacuzzi to the list he better add Artesian, Bullfrog, Beachcomber, LA Spas, D1, etc. to the list as well and now he's back to the starting point. It's like Groundhog Day!!!   :)

Sorry I didnt catch that.  :-X

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 06:33:26 pm »
cburk, that's like me asking why you paid that much for a Vanguard, when I got my Grandee for $8200 including tax and the extras. ;) Different areas of the country, different pricepoints, I guess....
bluesman- all else being equal, I'd look at the dealers as the tiebreaker. If your butt is good in all 3, the warranties cover your needs/wants, check the dealers out. You have to remember that the person you give your hard earned money to is the one that's responsible in the next few years (or so) for keeping your investment up and running, even if it's raining, snowing, hotter than hades, etc. That's what drove me from one brand to another, was thinking "if they can't be bothered to open a control panel door (4 screws) in the showroom, what makes me think they'll bring the equipment needed to fix the spa 10 miles away???"
Best of luck in your search!!
RIP C-Rod

Spiderman

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 08:45:44 pm »
and from what I've read people regret buying spas with loungers.

:-?   ??????????????????
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

bluesman

• '07 Marquis Reward
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 06:01:49 am »
Thanks for all the good advice. I'm definitely going to go with a dealer I think I can count on especially when the going gets rough. Because when the going gets rough, the rough gets going.

Bluesman 8-)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 06:01:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42