What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help please....Jetsetter acting funny!  (Read 8507 times)

MostlyLurkingGal

Re: Help please....Jetsetter acting funny!
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2007, 12:48:46 am »
it's a FW but I didn't notice if it was a II or a III :-/
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 12:49:45 am by MostlyLurkingGal »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2007, 12:48:46 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2007, 10:41:34 am »
it's a FW but I didn't notice if it was a II or a III :-/
Was it a big black box or a small black box?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2007, 11:03:56 am »
Was it a big black box or a small black box?
dan,dan,dan........now you know size is subjective...what I might think is small, you might think is big ;D

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2007, 11:07:30 am »
Still bubbles....still gurgling........

MLG,
I don't think you have anything to worry about, but the sudden appearance of bubbles that weren't there before is curious.

My 93 Prodigy bubbled and gurgled the entire 12 years I had it.  That was with a working ozonator and after I had removed it from the tub when it stopped working.  I kinda liked it and considered it my "water feature". :)
(My new Envoy bubbles, but doesn't gurgle)

Get it checked out just to know if you have an ozonator, and if it is working, but in my own (uninformed) opinion, I don't think you have a problem that could damage the tub in the immediate future.  
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2007, 11:18:34 am »

MLG,
I don't think you have anything to worry about, but the sudden appearance of bubbles that weren't there before is curious.

My 93 Prodigy bubbled and gurgled the entire 12 years I had it.  That was with a working ozonator and after I had removed it from the tub when it stopped working.  I kinda liked it and considered it my "water feature". :)
(My new Envoy bubbles, but doesn't gurgle)

Get it checked out just to know if you have an ozonator, and if it is working, but in my own (uninformed) opinion, I don't think you have a problem that could damage the tub in the immediate future.  
Richs100, I looked and I DO have an ozonator.....apparently an aftermarket install as the 2005 didnt come with them. (I bought this tub from a private party) It just started all on it's own a couple of days ago. It concerned me at first because at the time I didn't even know there was one...and it was gurgling, where before it was perfectly silent....which was VERY nice. So I'm not really "concerned" anymore...just miss my silence when I sit with the jets off. No biggie tho!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2007, 11:46:38 pm »
Richs100, I looked and I DO have an ozonator.....apparently an aftermarket install as the 2005 didnt come with them. (I bought this tub from a private party) It just started all on it's own a couple of days ago. It concerned me at first because at the time I didn't even know there was one...and it was gurgling, where before it was perfectly silent....which was VERY nice. So I'm not really "concerned" anymore...just miss my silence when I sit with the jets off. No biggie tho!

MLG, the 2005 models did come with the FWIII--as an option. I'm sure that's what you have. I was thinking you had an older spa.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 11:55:16 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2007, 11:58:18 pm »
Yep, I'm sure that's what I have......and it's still working.....go figure! ;D

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2007, 12:28:17 am »
My tub's ozonator quit working after a few months of operation. I opened the side panel and looked at the box. I took the clear plastic hose off that had several loops and two plastic check valves in the line. I could see a yellowish gunk inside the line. I took the check valves off and flushed them  several times. I found that one of the little check valves was stuck and wouldn't open. After forcing water both ways it finally released and started working. Put the clean line and checks back on and watch the little bubbles coming from the opening at the bottom of the tub. The flow is much more now. And I can smell it. I read somewhere that the ozonator builds up a residue in the line after a period of time.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2007, 12:28:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42