What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help please....Jetsetter acting funny!  (Read 8503 times)

shortspark

Re: Help please....Jetsetter acting funny!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 10:16:01 am »
I will be getting a new Jetsetter at the end of the month.  Will it have an ozonator?  What exactly is an ozonator?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 10:16:01 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 10:47:36 am »

hottubdan, I'm assuming you're talking about adding an enzyme product to reduce the gurgling noise? How exactly does that work?

My understanding is sometimes the gurgling is related to the circ pump getting clogged.  Enzymes break up enough for a better flow.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 10:49:40 am »
I will be getting a new Jetsetter at the end of the month.  Will it have an ozonator?  What exactly is an ozonator?
Which style Jetsetter are you getting?  There is the Classic series which does not have an ozonator as standard equipment, and what we call the Luxury series which does.

I will let someone else explain what an ozonator is and what it does.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 10:50:09 am by hottubdan »

Reese

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2007, 10:56:57 am »
The description of a new bubble source, and a sweet smell certainly sounds like ozone.  Perhaps there was a clog in the delivery line that cleared itself.  The gurgling could be as simple as this new source of air collecting into large bubbles in the return line.  I seem to recall a thread about gurgling in HotSpring tubs way back in the archives.  I thought diverter valves were involved, but I don't really remember.  Perhaps a long search (700 days) on "gurgle" or the like would yield some results.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2007, 10:58:09 am »
Shortspark is getting an '07 Luxury Jetsetter with standard Freshwater III Ozone.

The ozonator is a supplemental water care system that allows you to use very little chlorine in the spa and makes taking care of the spa a little bit easier.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

shortspark

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2007, 11:25:33 am »
Shortspark is getting an '07 Luxury Jetsetter with standard Freshwater III Ozone.

The ozonator is a supplemental water care system that allows you to use very little chlorine in the spa and makes taking care of the spa a little bit easier.

Terminator

Thanks Term.  I'll find out more about this thing next time I get to Longview as we may not have discussed it fully last time.

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2007, 07:01:33 pm »
Well....I looked and lo and behold I have an ozonator!  ::)Go figure! I was barely getting the hang of what to do chemical-wize with no ozonator, and now I have to figure out what to do with one.... Do these things run 24/7?
Thanks for all the help you have given me!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2007, 07:03:56 pm »
Well....I looked and lo and behold I have an ozonator!  ::)Go figure! I was barely getting the hang of what to do chemical-wize with no ozonator, and now I have to figure out what to do with one.... Do these things run 24/7?

Ozonators run when the spa is filtering. Since you have a spa with a circ pump that filters 24/7, you get ozone 24/7.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2007, 07:26:50 pm »

It should not significantly change what you are doing.

Did you see a brand or model name on the ozonator?

There are different types.  If you have a UV system, even if you are having bubbles you are probably not getting ozone.

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2007, 07:45:41 pm »

It should not significantly change what you are doing.

Did you see a brand or model name on the ozonator?

There are different types.  If you have a UV system, even if you are having bubbles you are probably not getting ozone.
It is a HotSprings one, but that's all I noticed. Don't be confusing me more with that UV thing!!!! ;D

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2007, 07:55:52 pm »
It is a HotSprings one, but that's all I noticed. Don't be confusing me more with that UV thing!!!! ;D
If it is a Hot spring one it is the CD ozonator...the good one that keeps going and going and going. :D ;D :D ;D :)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2007, 07:58:47 pm »
okay, so you have the 'energizer bunny' style....keep doing the same as what you have done prior to now with sanitizer, etc....and watch your test strips (or taylor kit or whatever) to see what the difference is....you may get away with using a touch less sanitizer, but I believe that's about it?
RIP C-Rod

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2007, 08:12:19 pm »
okay, so you have the 'energizer bunny' style....keep doing the same as what you have done prior to now with sanitizer, etc....and watch your test strips (or taylor kit or whatever) to see what the difference is....you may get away with using a touch less sanitizer, but I believe that's about it?

Sounds right to me.

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2007, 08:38:39 pm »
I will just do a tad less of what I have been doing, and see what happens. Thanks!
One of my problems with boards like this is that I think I get too much information...for example, I read up on ozone now that I apparently have it and am now a little worried about breathing in the fumes...my hot tub is on my porch, and I read somewhere that indoors is not that great for ozonators. Maybe too much information is not always a good thing? ;D

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2007, 12:32:48 am »
MLG, did you find out what type of unit was installed in your Jetsetter? Do you have a FWIII, FWII, or something else? There should be a label on the ozonator.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 12:36:34 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2007, 12:32:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42