What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Breaking news  (Read 9091 times)

galen

• Maxxus
Re: Breaking news
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 05:38:00 pm »
Steaks?-- Herford House!  Golden OX was a main stay for many years at the old stock yards but it changed hands and is not near what it use to be. Why are you coming to KC Term? The Sport Show?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 05:38:00 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 05:45:52 pm »
All right, then since everyone seems to be in agreement, I'll start posting reports as they come in.

First, the travel photos, of course. We drove up from SoCal - only takes about 5 hours at 80 MPH. We drove around the Downtown area, and along the shore snapping pictures.
The wife suggested we stop and do some shopping, but I just kept the music up loud and pretended not to hear her. Kidding. I'm apparently one of the few men in the world who actually enjoys shopping with his wife. I don't like it in general, but I let on that I do, and I enjoy being with her so it works.

Here:

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 06:24:06 pm »
Seeing those pics make me hate MO even more than I already do. :(

It's absolutely gorgeous there. :-*

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 06:48:27 pm »
It really is nice weather here today.

8-)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2007, 06:56:13 pm »
It really is nice weather here today.

8-)

Here too.....if you like 42 F and 15 mph wind gusts. :( :'(
The low tonight is 27.  :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 07:02:11 pm by WHY_NOT »

anne

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 08:48:44 pm »
So Chas, where did you go? What did you see? GG park?
Nice shot of the bridge.
Dance like nobody's watching

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 08:59:51 pm »
What good is the weather if you can't stand up? :) Just kidding. I was there in the 90's and it has a beauty all its own. Nowhere else like it, its a special place.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 09:11:38 pm »
Chas,

The Palace of the fine arts is beautiful and one of my favorite places in the bay area. I have a real cool story that is really amazing. I got engaged last year in Mendocino which is north of San Fransisco, we stopped at fisherman's wharf on the way home after walking around  the wharf for about 45 minutes  my soon to be bride panicked as her new engagement ring was lost, she was in tears as we walked back to our rented car and as we were walking I saw something shinning in the crack of the sidewalk YEP it was her ring, I am sure thousands had to have walked over it as for anyone who has been there knows how busy it is. I think it was a unique blessing for us..... :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 09:13:30 pm by Mendocino101 »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 09:46:11 pm »
Chas,
 I got engaged last year in Mendocino which is north of San Fransisco, we stopped at fisherman's wharf on the way home after walking around  the wharf for about 45 minutes  my soon to be bride panicked as her new engagement ring was lost, she was in tears as we walked back to our rented car and as we were walking I saw something shinning in the crack of the sidewalk YEP it was her ring, I am sure thousands had to have walked over it as for anyone who has been there knows how busy it is. I think it was a unique blessing for us..... :)

It was meant to be.. 8-) :-*

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2007, 09:48:23 pm »
Chas, I'm glad the weather is nice is SF. It hit 79° at my place today. Try the seafood bisque soup at Fisherman's wharf.

Ask the HS folks it they have fixed the Aux Panel problem. Also, ask them if they plan to pursue a dichlor based Autofresh system in the future?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 11:44:23 pm »
Chas,

See you tomorrow.

Gombo,

In all seriousness, I will ask the latest on aux panels.  Autofresh needs to deliver liquids.  The amount of liquid chlorine needed would be prohibited.

However, this is the 1st version on the market.  Who knows what might be next. :D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Vanguard

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2007, 12:12:36 am »

Geeze, what would give any one that idea? Its not like you delete any posts that are not favorable to HS.

That's not true.  I know aux panels have been discussed.  I know just yesterday I read about the privacy panel falling down in a "light" breeze.  

Those aren't positive and they are still here.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2007, 12:14:07 am »
OK, how about returning to the 6000w No Fault Heater for the HP models. The 4000w heater takes forever to heat up. Perhaps they could offer a 60A service like Sundance? I'm assuming this was changed due to power limitations?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 12:56:51 am »
OK, how about returning to the 6000w No Fault Heater for the HP models. The 4000w heater takes forever to heat up. Perhaps they could offer a 60A service like Sundance? I'm assuming this was changed due to power limitations?
You are certainly detail oriented. :D
You know more than a lot of HS salespeople I know. ::)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 10:08:03 am »
Well, we basically just drove a big loop along the water starting by the Monster Park, the Embarcadero, the various piers - including the famous Pier 39 - Fisherman's Warf, then around to Chrissy Feild and Fort Point. We stopped here and there for short walks, a little shopping, and some picture snapping.

My wife used to work in the financial district many years ago, so we made one quick forray into the heart of the city for a quick visit to Lombrd street and the Trolley Car Barn, and then headed south to Burlingame to walk around a really nice old-town area. That's where we found the Pottery Barn and some other clip joints.

Even though we were surrounded by some of the best restaurants in the world, we had lunch at the Mexican Phone Company (Taco Bell) because I haven't eaten fast food other than Subway for over five months and they had the first non-crowded parking lot we saw since leaving the hotel.

Now, to business. I will ask about the 6000 Watt heater, but I have a feeling that it would be OK to do so if you switch to 60amp service and put in two 30A breakers. I know the heater relays are the same for both sizes of heaters, so it should be fine. Better be since I have done it myself...

I will also give a report on whatever they say about the Aux panels, but I will say this ahead of time: I have had several folks go through more than one replacement panel, but once we put in the 'blue label' panel they seem to be fine. I'll report if any more improvements are in the wind or even needed.

And I will ask if the Aria will be offered without the stereo.

I think I already answered the question about the Espresso siding in combination with other shell colors.

Oh! I almost forgot - have you seen the new blue? They seem to be dropping the Azurite. It's not on the web site yet, and they haven't issued an official announcement, but my RSM told us when he came for a recent visit. I'll see if I can snap a picture of a sample, or at least get a date for the release or something.

OK - off to get cleaned up and dressed. I'm sure this will be a grueling day, but I'm ready. I think.

8-)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 10:08:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42