What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dimension 1 Serena Bay VS. Hotsprings Grandee  (Read 5785 times)

Larry Becker

Foot room...
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 06:04:01 pm »
Sorry... I was teaching classes this afternoon...
The Sarena Bay is 8.x10', and the corners are set in more than usual. The two seats on the sides, which are more bench seats, are the only ones that have foot jets, and at 6' tall, my feet fit just right with the jets. If there is a person in each side seat, you maybe cross feet/legs a bit, but there is plenty of room (especially if you're friendly...).  The way it's designed with the angles people sit in and the length of the tub, there really sin't a problem with leg room at all.

Additionally, it's an exercise spa -- that is, there is a rowing attachment that hooks in to some fixtures on the side, with tension and resistance provided by really heavy duty bungee type cords. The exerciser then sits in the center elevated seat (gets the heart above the hot water) and is able to row. As hard as I've tried, I haven't been able to get the spa to move more than an inch at a time...  :P When it's being used as an exercise spa, the two Dynamic Massage seats can't be used, of course...

Larry
2005 D-1 Sarena Bay

Hot Tub Forum

Foot room...
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 06:04:01 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Foot room...
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 06:40:14 pm »
Additionally, it's an exercise spa -- that is, there is a rowing attachment that hooks in to some fixtures on the side, with tension and resistance provided by really heavy duty bungee type cords. The exerciser then sits in the center elevated seat (gets the heart above the hot water) and is able to row. As hard as I've tried, I haven't been able to get the spa to move more than an inch at a time...  :P When it's being used as an exercise spa, the two Dynamic Massage seats can't be used, of course...

Larry

Out of curiosity, how much is that option?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Larry Becker

Re: Dimension 1 Serena Bay VS. Hotsprings Grandee
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 07:36:00 pm »
From D1's website, http://www.d1spas.com/awweblive/AWWebStore/Productsdtl.asp?Category=HYDROSPT -- $790. I purchased a never-been-wet floor model and they kind of threw in their floor model Full exercise kit. It's pretty cool. They also threw in some startup chemicals, a Viision cartridge, and a Moses duck...  8-)

Larry
2005 D-1 Sarena Bay

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Dimension 1 Serena Bay VS. Hotsprings Grandee
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 07:36:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42