What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dimension 1 Serena Bay VS. Hotsprings Grandee  (Read 5784 times)

srb162

Dimension 1 Serena Bay VS. Hotsprings Grandee
« on: January 08, 2007, 07:31:19 pm »
Thanks everyone for answering my question about large hot tubs. I read it all and did some online research and choose no lounger and more open seating, instead of the contoured seats. These two seem to fit the bill. Any comparison issues I should take note of?

Thanks for all of your help!

Hot Tub Forum

Dimension 1 Serena Bay VS. Hotsprings Grandee
« on: January 08, 2007, 07:31:19 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Dimension 1 Serena Bay VS. Hotsprings Grandee
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 07:34:46 pm »
I wouldn't think you could go wrong either way. Wet test them and go from there.
Btw, it looks like the SB has two loungers.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 07:51:04 pm by WHY_NOT »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 07:55:52 pm »
Thanks everyone for answering my question about large hot tubs. I read it all and did some online research and choose no lounger and more open seating, instead of the contoured seats.
I wet tested alot of tubs when I was shopping and found that Jacuzzi has some of the most open seated one's out there. This particular model, the J-470, fits your large tub criteria as well as no lounger and very barrier free.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 08:10:40 pm by WHY_NOT »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 12:28:12 am »
Any comparison issues I should take note of?

Recommendations are great to help whittle it down to which you want to look at closely and I'm sure you'll find owners of each who are happy with their tubs as these are permium spas. You'll also find others who have other options to try as well because there is no single "best" spa out there. The key you'll always hear is to wet test your finalists but another key IMO that is seldom mentioned is I would highly advise you to wet test them back to back, the same afternoon, to get a true comparison. Once you do this you'll probably be able to pick between the two but until then it's a crapshoot to determine which is better for you as they each have their own merits.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 10:01:27 am »
I wet tested alot of tubs when I was shopping and found that Jacuzzi has some of the most open seated one's out there. This particular model, the J-470, fits your large tub criteria as well as no lounger and very barrier free.

I thought Barrier free was ment limited molded seating, ie an area with a bit of bech style seating? I don't see any open seating in the Jacuzii? am I missing something (in the pic, or whith what "barrier free means?"
07 Caldera Geneva

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 10:56:15 am »

I thought Barrier free was ment limited molded seating, ie an area with a bit of bech style seating? I don't see any open seating in the Jacuzii? am I missing something (in the pic, or whith what "barrier free means?"
All I know is that this is what is says on the Jacuzzi website.
Imagine the feeling of genuine Jacuzzi® luxury in the J-470's™ barrier-free, open seating configuration. Ergonomically designed and molded to the human form, the J-400™ Collection's seats vary in depth, offering choices for people of various heights. Seats 6-7 adults.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 11:01:37 am »

I think both styles you refer to can be considered barrier free. Nothing would prevent you from sitting in the seat on that Jacuzzi as shown, and swing your legs to either side.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 11:11:45 am »
 I think a tub that is non-open seated would be something like the Artic Tundra Legend.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 11:34:25 am »
I agree with you on the Artic WHYNOT.

But in the pther tubs, the D1, I see "open seating" in the upper right hand corner.  I I only see molded seats in the Jw70. granted not as deep and defined as some other seats, but I don't think 2 folks could sit side by side in the same area. Each seat is clearly molded and distinctly made.
07 Caldera Geneva

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 12:18:35 pm »
I agree with you on the Artic WHYNOT.

But in the pther tubs, the D1, I see "open seating" in the upper right hand corner.  I I only see molded seats in the Jw70. granted not as deep and defined as some other seats, but I don't think 2 folks could sit side by side in the same area. Each seat is clearly molded and distinctly made.

I guess what you think is "open seating" is only bench seating. I personally think they're both open seated tubs like wmccall said but the D1 has more of the bench style  seats. I wonder if srb162 meant he wanted bench seating or just a tub that is more open opposed to the Artic Tundra types?

mkotubs

• 2006 HS Vista
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 12:44:42 pm »
You really have to wet test these tubs.   The D1 tud lounger is more like a recliner, i wet tested this tub and the major problem i had was getting in/out of seats.  They are deep and you needed to pull yourself out "IMO".  PLus the D1 cost about  $4K more.

I liked the HS Grandee, but the wife liked the different seating in the Vista.  So we are now the proud HS Vista owner.  The Vista is a a great tub :)

If you are looking for a big tub, also check out the Sundance Maxxus.

Larry Becker

I have the Sarena Bay...
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 02:07:08 pm »
Thanks everyone for answering my question about large hot tubs. I read it all and did some online research and choose no lounger and more open seating, instead of the contoured seats. These two seem to fit the bill. Any comparison issues I should take note of?

Thanks for all of your help!

... and really like it. The Dynamic sequencers in the two main seats are great!  I LOVE the size of the thing - really nice for having several people in it.

You REALLY need to wet-test the thing, though.

Feel free to ask any questions about the Sarena Bay... I'll try to respond.

Larry Becker
2005 D-1 Sarena Bay

bwbski22

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 03:18:08 pm »
i defiently feel that the j 470 is barrier free seating.  barriered seating is like in the artic tundra.  barrier free means that you can touch your hips or sides with the person next to you.  

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 04:28:39 pm »
WHYNOT.....

Is this picture deceiving or is there really very little foot room in this tub?

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 04:43:16 pm »
WHYNOT.....

Is this picture deceiving or is there really very little foot room in this tub?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe Larry can clear things up for us as he owns one.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 04:43:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42