What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Stereo Option - worth it or waste of $?  (Read 19597 times)

autoplay

Re: Stereo Option - worth it or waste of $?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 12:52:01 pm »
My opinion,using outdoor speakers is the route to go.  I have 2 outdoor speakers,which sound fine. They are hooked up to our living room amp,and I also have em fed through our cable. I can listen to uninterrupted music via cable music channels,or watch/listen to a football game,while in the hot tub. (I'll get a pic,it's a sweet set-up)

In our other room i have the real chit.  Running Klipsch speakers for surround,and a 700+ watt Yamaha amp.

As others have mentioned,put the majority of your budget into the speakers. When looking at amps,and money no object....look at the "THD" total harmonic distortion,and try to get the lowest number as possible. Sony in that regards(thd) shcuks!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 12:52:01 pm »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2007, 01:17:02 pm »
If I knew it was not going to be a source for trouble
and money was no object I would probably would
want a built in stereo.....but it just seems it would be
something that would likely "be on the blink" more than
other options like a waterfall.

Sure you can do the boom box deal ....IMO kind of a "rig"

Or the big fancy stereo with the outdoor Bose speakers
but whats that gonna cost? Plus the wiring
and control features vs a unit built in to the spa
with all the controls right there at your finger tips.

If it really really worked and was trouble free and
I mean stereo and speakers.....I would want the
built in one.....but I just do not think that is the case.

loosenupspas

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2007, 01:37:44 pm »
Soooooo conflicted.....while I sell spas with stereos.....I myself don't have one.  Entering a hot tub is a smooth motion that doesn't really lend itself to large amounts of prepartion, like chosing music and such.  The hot tub as an entertain unit outside on the porch with a party going down then the stereo fits into the setting.  Coleman's is nice because the speakers are directional, sound quality is good......MP3 device hooked up and music just keeps on playing.  Keeping on rocking......

Matt Foley

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 01:56:38 pm »
Usually the people who speak out against the stereo option are the ones who either could not afford it or convinced themeselves that it couldn't possibly sound good. My system has Bose speakers and the sound is excellent. I agree with Han Solo, there are times when silence is best, but it's nice to have and we use it often.

Sorry, but I can afford one, but I have a $10,500 home theater system with 1500 watts pumped through 8 pairs of Klipsch speakers. There isn't a spa system out there that can even come close to my system.

Matt
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 01:58:18 pm by Jack_Squat »
Now from what I hear, you're usng your paper not for writing but for rollin' doobies! You're gonna be doing alot of doobie rolling when you're living in a van down by the river!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 02:33:04 pm »
To be honest, I couldn't afford the spa audio system...We ended up with a tub that was about $2500.00 over our budget as it was. When my husband heard the audio in the store, he fell in love...so I knew it was important to figure out how to afford it!  And again, I can honestly say, he loves it so much...I am glad we got it.

I guess if you imagine yourself soaking...on your deck, on your porch..where ever your tub will dwell..and music is part of the total spa experience for you, then you will not find it is a waste of money. If you aren't concerned about trying to hear above the sound of the jets, mounted outdoor speakers would work fine. Or you may find that the sound of nature or even the sound of the jets themselves are what does it for you.(sometimes I think the jet sounds are like white noise...it blocks out everything else).

I am just very impressed with the quality of the sound (and it is driven by an inexpensive indoor system) and how it comes through the spa shell without being affected by the noise of the jets.

If you are test soaking, why not just try one with a sound system..
I am sure that if we didn't experience it when we were wet testing, we would never have seriously considered the extra $1000!

Good luck ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 03:23:30 pm »

Sorry, but I can afford one, but I have a $10,500 home theater system with 1500 watts pumped through 8 pairs of Klipsch speakers. There isn't a spa system out there that can even come close to my system.

Matt

Wow, impressive, but irrellevant. We're discussing Spa steroes. Guess your spa doesn't have one.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 03:24:06 pm by Repeat_Offender »
Bullfrog 562

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 03:30:56 pm »
This Topic is obviously a matter of Opinion. Affordability is irrelevant. Some people prefer the stereo build in some don't. It all comes down to conveniece in the end. Lets not turn this post into a pissing contest please! Thanks.

Rob

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2007, 03:33:18 pm »
Look 2 posts up, affordability IS an issue, albeit, not the only issue.
Bullfrog 562

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2007, 07:21:37 pm »

Matt

Geez, whata surprise.  A $10,500 home theater system sounding better than a spa stereo.  Whoda thought??

Brewman

BearBath

• Ya snooze Ya Lose
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2007, 08:50:33 pm »
Got the SpAudio in my 2005 HS Grandee. I have had nothing but trouble with it. It was a large waste of money. I would have been far better to hook up some outdoor rated speakers and just wired it into the house system.
BearBath

bluesman

• '07 Marquis Reward
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2007, 09:03:42 pm »
I'm going to purchase a Bose outdoor system for around $500. I've been told this system is really good. :)

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2007, 09:25:23 pm »
Overpriced?  Absolutely.  Worth the $$?  I spent it and am glad I did.  If you are looking to rock the neighborhood, then there is no question you can buy more system for less money than a SpaAudio system costs.  Bottom line is it is a personal preference.

Jr

Zep

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 06:41:35 am »
re: "Got the SpAudio in my 2005 HS Grandee. I have had nothing but trouble with it"

Thats exactly my fear.....after a few years....is it all going to work?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 07:43:35 am »
My spa's stereo system has worked flawlessly for going on 4 years.  

Brewman

Zep

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 08:06:44 am »
re: My spa's stereo system has worked flawlessly for going on 4 years.

Two hot tub dealers here in Dallas told me they have alot of repair calls involving spa stereo systems....usually speakers are the problem. The guy at the Sundance dealer said he even tries to steer customers away from them if they ask about it. Glad you got a good one thus far. And I bet the spa stereo options will keep getting better with new technology.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 08:10:12 am by Zep »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 08:06:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42