What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Stereo Option - worth it or waste of $?  (Read 19592 times)

beach

Stereo Option - worth it or waste of $?
« on: January 06, 2007, 12:15:52 pm »
People who bought a stereo with their spa - do you find that you use it often?  Could you live without it? Was it worth the extra bucks?

For folks who opted not to purchase the stereo - do you wish you had purchased it or are you happy without it and perhaps with a $10 boombox or some other cheaper solution?

Hot Tub Forum

Stereo Option - worth it or waste of $?
« on: January 06, 2007, 12:15:52 pm »

Han Solo

Re: Stereo Option - worth it or waste of $?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 12:19:17 pm »
When I get into my spa it's to relax. Peace and quite is what I want in there. If I wanted to listen to music I'd sit in the living room with the big buck surround sound.

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 12:22:59 pm »
I got the stereo and the remote with my Cameo.  We like it and listen to it often.  It just just another one of those options that is a personal preference.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 12:26:14 pm »
I would no more buy a spa with a stereo built in than I would buy a stereo with a spa built in.....
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Matt Foley

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 12:34:33 pm »
Extremely huge waste of money as far as I am concerned. Plus for that kind of money, the sound leaves a lot to be desired. use that money to but a bigger/better spa.
Now from what I hear, you're usng your paper not for writing but for rollin' doobies! You're gonna be doing alot of doobie rolling when you're living in a van down by the river!

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 12:38:33 pm »
I have one on my tub, but for bang for the buck, I would buy a cheap stereo and wire in outside speakers and save the rest of your money. I think the in-tub stereo's are over priced.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 12:42:26 pm »
We have the sound system in our Epic (transducers in the shell). My husband HAS to have music...all the time and he loves the system.
I am fine without it, but sometimes I enjoy the music, depends on the mood I am in. My kids love the sound system.  

The transducers are far superior to speakers on your deck...We have both and the sound quality and your ability to hear the music above the jets is much much better with the transducers.  

If we were to do it again, knowing what we do, I would say, without a doubt, YES we would get the sound system.  Like VLady says, it is really a personal preference but if you enjoy music and you find that music is part of your relaxation...then go for it. ;)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 12:42:50 pm by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 12:43:08 pm »
I have one on my tub, but for bang for the buck, I would buy a cheap stereo and wire in outside speakers and save the rest of your money. I think the in-tub stereo's are over priced.

I agree! Personally speaking....  I don't stock Stereo Spas. For the price difference I recommend people buying outdoor speakers and a stereo to run it. This can be obtained for a fraction of the price usually. Thats just my opinion though, I have sold Stereo Spas but I always advise against it.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 01:06:19 pm »
I ordered the SpAudio II system with my new HS Envoy.  I didn't have a stereo in my old tub and didn't listen to music while in the tub, but now that I have this system, it's on whenever I'm in the tub.  I like the sound quality of the transducer system and the external speakers mounted on the wall of the patio.  I would do it again if I had to get a new tub.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 01:10:19 pm »
Got the stereo in the Optima.  Worth it in my opinion.

Brewman

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 01:36:10 pm »
I sell Arctic Spas.  We have two stereo options.  I still believe if you have a good home stereo, purchase good outdoor speakers (around $150) is a better choice.  

Michael

anne

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 04:14:11 pm »
I'd never put money into a spa audio system. I purchased my spa to be a spa, and for outdoor sound, you can do MUCH better with LESS money just getting outdoor speakers, etc. Gimicky waste of money, IMO. I'm influenced by having a serious audiophile BF, I'll admit.
Dance like nobody's watching

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 04:32:23 pm »
I would no more buy a spa with a stereo built in than I would buy a stereo with a spa built in.....

LOL ;D

I do not have a stereo nor do I want one. I work construction and have to hear LOUD noises all day. So when I get home all I want is a little peace and quiet.
Their also [glow]WAY[/glow] overpriced. The only way to justify the cost would be if the actual singers came out of the stereo and performed live.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 04:48:04 pm by WHY_NOT »

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 10:10:45 am »
I use it to keep the critters away and to drown out the coyote howling while I'm soaking.  They aren't too fond of my choice of music.

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 11:35:02 am »
Usually the people who speak out against the stereo option are the ones who either could not afford it or convinced themeselves that it couldn't possibly sound good. My system has Bose speakers and the sound is excellent. I agree with Han Solo, there are times when silence is best, but it's nice to have and we use it often.
Bullfrog 562

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 11:35:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42