What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Test Strip (In)acuracy  (Read 1801 times)

Brookenstein

Test Strip (In)acuracy
« on: January 07, 2007, 10:58:45 am »
Ok, so I've had the Taylor test kit for a few days... I'm out of my FCl test strips but still have some MPS ones left.  They both test for PH/ALK so I decided to run them against my the Taylor test kit last night.

The test strips gave me 'ok' readings.  Pretty much right between the 2 in the okay range.  So then I tested with Taylor... my ALK was 150 and PH was >8.  The day before my ALK was 160 and PH was 7.4.  I haven't treated the water to adjust anything yet as I want to see if it changes at all.

I must say I am a bit in shock over the discrepancy... as I thought for the last year my water was always perfect (except in times of a needed dump, say after 3-4 mo) then I knew both PH and ALK dropped).

Hot Tub Forum

Test Strip (In)acuracy
« on: January 07, 2007, 10:58:45 am »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Test Strip (In)acuracy
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 11:08:41 am »
I know what you mean. It's amazing how much more accurate Taylor kits are opposed to test strips.

anne

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 02:00:12 pm »
Ignorance is bliss? ;) If I were you, I'd immediately be tempted to start micromanaging my water now that I have better information......which would be unwise. Sounds like your wait and watch approach is a good one.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 02:00:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42