What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How much was your last Electric bill?  (Read 14104 times)

Brookenstein

Re: How much was your last Electric bill?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 01:24:20 pm »
Anne,

We are in SoCal... about 90 M N of San Diego and say 45 SE of LA.  In the lovely Inland Empire...  :)

Who is your electric company?  We have Southern Callifornia Edison and the last time I called them (September) they said rates would go up in November .15kwh when over 100% which we always are.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 01:24:20 pm »

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 01:28:19 pm »
We pay 100$ per month every month
and our house is 2500 SQ feet.

we also pay 80$ per month every month for gas.

and so far it is still warm here in SC

anne

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 01:31:42 pm »
Anne,

We are in SoCal... about 90 M N of San Diego and say 45 SE of LA.  In the lovely Inland Empire...  :)

Who is your electric company?  We have Southern Callifornia Edison and the last time I called them (September) they said rates would go up in November .15kwh when over 100% which we always are.

Nice area! My boyfriend lived in Poway for a year, which meant lots of me flying down there to see him. Too much traffic for my blood, but the same thing is starting to happen here.

We have PG&E (Pacific Gas and Electric). Perhaps our rates are going to go up a lot more too, but nothing has been announced.  
Dance like nobody's watching

tileman

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2006, 01:40:21 pm »

7/19/2006       1795      30      59.83      $428.96

Chad, your gf feet are nice, but I prefer short toe nails.  I do wish I had the time to have such a nice pedicure though.

:o 1800 kwhs for a 1227 sqft home. :o

Thanks for the compliment on her feet. I make her find time for pedicures. ;) She has no excuses as I gave her a years worth of gift certificates to the local nail salon. The best money I've ever spent. :)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2006, 03:35:32 pm »
I used 755 KWH and paid $102 for electric.

Brookenstein

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2006, 04:01:00 pm »

7/19/2006       1795      30      59.83      $428.96

:o 1800 kwhs for a 1227 sqft home. :o

Thanks for the compliment on her feet. I make her find time for pedicures. ;) She has no excuses as I gave her a years worth of gift certificates to the local nail salon. The best money I've ever spent. :)

We had a very hot summer, and if memory serves the avg temp was 110 in July.  The AC was running non stop.  Though we never go lower than 78 and most the time we try to keep it at 82.  Also, I am a SAHM with 2 kids, so we use the AC, TV, PCs, etc. during the day where as a lot of people are at work and don't.

LOL, at your choice of gifts...

anne

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2006, 04:17:26 pm »
We had a very hot summer, and if memory serves the avg temp was 110 in July.  The AC was running non stop.  Though we never go lower than 78 and most the time we try to keep it at 82.  Also, I am a SAHM with 2 kids, so we use the AC, TV, PCs, etc. during the day where as a lot of people are at work and don't.

LOL, at your choice of gifts...

Yeah, this summer was NUTS!!!!! We're pretty conservative about energy use, and often I cringe when neighbors' AC units come on late at night (just open windows and deal with it, already!!!!) but this july with day time highs of about 108-110 for a week or more, our AC was coming on 24/7.

Spiderman

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2006, 04:39:32 pm »
$105 for 1369KW's.  We just got the bill in the mail today.

No offense Spiderman, but people like you make me sick!!!!

No offense taken.  Geez, I wouldn't want to pay your bill  :o  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Brookenstein

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2006, 05:00:32 pm »
Anne,

I hear ya on the window thing, but if you were like us this July... it was still too warm outside to even open the windows in the evening.  I know my bill is higher than my next door neighbors though because they have a 2 story house and will leave the upstair windows open at night.  We are single story and with having 2 small kids in the house I just can't do that.  It took me a year and half before I was able to leave the doggy door open.  That still makes me nervous, lol.

Totally off subject... my pm almost never works, so I'm going to hijack this for a second.  If I remember correctly Anne you are a vet... if that is correct, what do you think of mini dachshunds or maltese as a pet in homes with small children (2.5, 7)?  We also have a Dalmation we rescued 3 years ago and a 3 legged cat.   My inlaws had a mini dachshund puppy and my husband fell in love with it over the holiday.  He wants to get a small lap dog.  I've looked into the rescue groups in SoCal (no one has returned my emails yet) but from what I read I'm not sure they would let us adopt such a small dog with children over 11 in the home.  I want to make sure we get an animal that is a good fit for the entire family (including the dog and cat).  The kids did real well the mini for the week, pretty much ingored it.  Just curious what you think...

anne

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2006, 05:29:29 pm »
Hey, Brooke-

I think there are two different ways to look at that question. One perspective is small children injuring a little dog because they just dont know yet how to handle an animal, and the other issue is a dog's propensity to bite a child. If your kids can learn how to handle a little dog, then both malteses and doxies are great breeds. There are some issues with every breed, those breeds included, but for small dogs, I like both. Doxies are notoriously smart. Malteses are too, but perhaps less.....manipulative. As for safety, any dog, any breed can be either wonderful with kids or not, but certain dogs are more patient with kids than others. I'd trust the demeanor of most golden retrievers over the demeanor of most chihuahuas (just an example!!!!!! :-X), but if I child is going to be bitten by one or the other, obviously the retriever could do more damage if provoked.

Rescuing an adult dog over a puppy can have it's pros and cons. On the upside, if the dog has proven to be good with kids or cats or whatever, there is less unknown about its personality. It can be harder to predict the personality of a puppy. On the other hand, if you start with a puppy who is around your cat(s) and gentle kids from the start, then you influence what it will tolerate.

Good luck!!!

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2006, 05:57:16 pm »
Ann I hate small dogs,
I use them to wash my car. Keep the belly up and it will not scratch the car.

anne

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2006, 06:01:29 pm »
Ann I hate small dogs,
I use them to wash my car. Keep the belly up and it will not scratch the car.

It'll probably work best if you hold all four feet together like a handle, and use the dog's back as a rag. I'd recommend dogs with a full thick coat, like poodles or malteses for that job. If you expect to get more than one use per dog, try not to dunk them in the soapy water for too long, and dry them out well when you are done so they dont freeze into a dogsicle.

Bama

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2006, 07:02:09 pm »
my house is 3,600 sq ft with mega windows everywhere:

upstairs is gas heat/electric air and gas stove/oven and gas hotwater heater .
Downstairs, heat is electric heat pump/electric air and electric stove/oven and gas hotwater heater.

I just got utility bill today, it was $100.22  I can't remember the kw.
Anyway, our 650 gal spa has increased out bill about $30.00.

* I have to say I keep the house fairly cool summer and winter.

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2006, 07:07:06 pm »
Ann,
you forgot the most important thing after washing you car.
You need to rinse the dog properly. After that a spin in the dryer will do.

but i am impressed with the expertise you have using a dog.

lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 07:08:38 pm by hot_tub_Frank »

CapMorgan

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2006, 07:10:37 pm »
This bill is for 11/7 I used 569 KWH and paid $57.14

I live in a suburb of Chicago and on Jan 1st they will raise our rates by 22%

CapMorgan
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 07:16:09 pm by CapMorgan »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2006, 07:10:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42