What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Electricity Bill!!!!!!!!  (Read 15685 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: My Electricity Bill!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 09:56:26 am »
there is actually a website that will let you put in model numbers of older refrigerators and freezers to see the estimated Kwh.I even did that....I monitored my meter like crazy and in retrospect, I should have realized that there something that was consuming electric 24/7. My usage wasn't too much different night time vs day time when there was much more activity.

Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 09:56:26 am »

leaky

• Don't ask about the nickname...
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 03:04:26 pm »
This debate rages in my house daily.

Rayman, what is your Beachcomber costing you?  I know there are SO many factors that determine it, but my latest foray into this exact issue is interesting.

We recently had a traveling neighborhood Christmas party.  At this party I cornered a good neighbor who is an engineer at SoCal Edison (SCE).  I told him of my concern:  Our bill is around $230 a month now!  The latest one, which just arrived, showed we used 1000KWh in a 29 day period.  I complained enough to him that he agreed to schedule an auditor to come out and check the house (I know bonni says that's a joke, but...)

My suspicions are numerous:  I drained the spa in August when we went to Boise for the US Regional soccer championships.  It was powered OFF for 12 days, and we weren't even home for 9 of them.  Our next bill went down about $20.  I also talked to another neighbor, one who has the same number of kids about the same age, who did a remodel and addition with the same contractor as me (approximate same footage, appliances, lighting, etc.)  He SHOWED me his bill, and it was $80!!!!  He says it never gets higher than that!  I then talked to my neigbor right across the street.  He has four kids to my two, has a two story house to my one, and HIS bill averages about $70 a month!

I have yet to get the auditor out, but I can't see that my Beachcomber is costing me between $2-$3 PER DAY.  Hopefully the audit will reveal a faulty meter that will yield me a $50,000 rebate from Edison....... ;D

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 07:21:52 pm »
Lag, mine last month- $396.76.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2007, 08:19:03 pm »
I had a Beachcomber 578 for 3 years here in Edmonton and it never was more than $30 per month to operate it. We used it 5 times a week on average and usually twice a day.

I'd meter the spa...

Tom

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 06:09:42 pm »
is it 110 or 240 volts?

All the Arctic line is 240V.  
Tom

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 06:09:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42