What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I think I bought a Sundance Optima!  (Read 7935 times)

BigK75

I think I bought a Sundance Optima!
« on: December 20, 2006, 08:48:02 pm »
Alright all,

I think I just bought myself a hot tub.  I wet tested the Sundance Optima and absolutely fell in love.  the dealer gave me a good price.  At least it seems like a great price when compared to the caldera, hot spring(vanguard), beachcomber(578), jacuzzi (365), and hydropool.  It's Canadian money so its more then what others have bought theirs for on this site (approx 10K plus tax with cover, lifter, deliver, steps, and chemicals, no radio) .  However I still feel I got a good price, since beachcomber came out to be 12K plus tax.  The jacuzzi was about 10K naked.  Hot Springs was way out of my league.    

Seating.  I took my wife who is pregnant (so obviously she did not go in).  I also took a buddy to see what it would be like, if I sat next to him.  It was quite comfortable.  I like pretty much all the seats.  I like the step/cool down seat as well.  I also like the waterfall and the looks of the waterfall.  It will sooth my nerves :) I also lovee the foot dome.  It felt great on my feet.  I like most of the jets but the back and forth jet was a little to strong for me.  This is not a problem since I am able to turn down the pressure.  I guess I must say I loved everything about the tub, except the outrageous price they wanted for the stereo.  I passed on the stereo.  I figure I can put two bose speakers outside for 300 bucks.  

So there is only one snag (thats why I mentioned I think).  The door that leads to the back patio is too small.  It's basically about 34 inches and the dealers says he needs 38 inches.  There is a 4x4 post in the ground and then another section of fence attaches to this.  If I chop the 4x4 post at the base how can I replace it.  Anyhelp would be much appreciated.  I am do not want to dig out the cement and and add a new post.  Hopefully someone will have a suggestion.  I hope to be a full time member of the spa community very soon.  Thanks to everyone for the help.  

Thanks,

Claude

Hot Tub Forum

« on: December 20, 2006, 08:48:02 pm »

galen

• Maxxus
Re: I think I bought a Sundance Optima!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 09:16:07 pm »
Your going to love it Claude. I'm not sure about your 4x4 post tho.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 09:16:37 pm by galen »

Davidny

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 09:19:38 pm »
I wonder if there's an increase in price for a tub imported from the US to Canada. If I were in Canada I'd check out Canadian brands like Arctic.

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 12:33:41 am »
I think I'm happy for you!  ;D

First, that's a good price.  I paid $10k US including tax and the other stuff you mentioned (no radio).  What color combo did you get?

As for your gate, mine too was too small and would have involved cutting a 4x4.  We instead removed a fence panel on the other side of the house, which took all of five minutes.  Don't know what kind of fence you have, but with ours we were able to just pound out the two horizontal rails for one section...
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 08:13:42 am »
Don't know what type of fence you have, but I'd consider removing boards or panels before I'd cut a wooden post sunk into concrete.  Not sure that you could mend that without re planting a new post.  
 You could possibly splice a cut post by drilling a hole into the center of each cut end, and inserting a strong metal pipe, but don't know how well that would work.  
Brewman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 08:52:11 am »
Can you Crane the tub in? It's not as bad as one might think.  I would at least investigate this option before making a final decision.  You also mention a section of fence. It seems that the posts are sunk into the ground in cement, but what about the actual pickets? Can they be unbolted/unscrewed/ De-nailed (is that a word?) ? Can you open a section up there? Would neighbors allow you to bring the tub in from thier property? How High is the fence?

« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 08:55:23 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 12:33:29 pm »
Alright So there is only one snag (thats why I mentioned I think).  The door that leads to the back patio is too small.  It's basically about 34 inches and the dealers says he needs 38 inches.  There is a 4x4 post in the ground and then another section of fence attaches to this.  If I chop the 4x4 post at the base how can I replace it.  Anyhelp would be much appreciated.  I am do not want to dig out the cement and and add a new post.  Hopefully someone will have a suggestion.  I hope to be a full time member of the spa community very soon.  Thanks to everyone for the help.  

Thanks,

Claude

Congrats on your spa. I would think your dealer could come out and take a look and offer suggestions but maybe not. If you can post a pic or two it might help folks here have a better sense of what you are trying to overcome.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 12:49:04 pm »
 10K for the Jacuzzi 365 is WAAAAY to much even in Canada take the optima.

BigK75

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 12:56:00 pm »
Alright guys.  Its done.  I noticed this morning the previous owner put the metal spike with the 4x4 in it.  The dealer came this morning did a site survey and said everything is fine.  I will the electrician tomorrow morning and by Saturday morning I should be in the hot tub (PS I know nothing about chemicals).  Anyhow thanks to everyone for the support.  One the hand I am happy, on the other I feel stunned at how much money I just spent.  This is the cost of small Kia :)

Claude

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 12:58:29 pm »
Alright guys.  Its done.  I noticed this morning the previous owner put the metal spike with the 4x4 in it.  The dealer came this morning did a site survey and said everything is fine.  I will the electrician tomorrow morning and by Saturday morning I should be in the hot tub (PS I know nothing about chemicals).  Anyhow thanks to everyone for the support.  One the hand I am happy, on the other I feel stunned at how much money I just spent.  This is the cost of small Kia :)

Claude
That was too easy.  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 01:24:16 pm »
This is the cost of small Kia :)
Yeah, but you'll get way hotter chicks with an Optima than you would with a Kia!!! ;D

As for chems, I would personally recommend as a sanitizer routine 1 teaspoon of dichlor per person after each soak, with a 2-3 tablespoon dose of MPS shock once per week.  The rest of the chemicals depend on the quality of the water out of your tap.  Are you on "city water" or do you have a well?  Either way you should take a sample to your dealer in a Tupperware container and have them test it.  Post your results here for pH, alkalinity, and calcium hardness and the good folks here can give you some recommendations.
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 02:03:20 pm »
CONGRATS!!!  Excellent Choice!

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 02:06:12 pm »

Claude

Claude is it a floor model or does he have one instock with waht you want, that is fast delivery man.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

neocacher

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 02:27:50 pm »
Congrats on your new Optima! Let us know how you like it. And Welcome to the forum! 8-)

Neo

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 02:38:16 pm »
Alright all,

So there is only one snag (thats why I mentioned I think).  The door that leads to the back patio is too small.  It's basically about 34 inches and the dealers says he needs 38 inches.  There is a 4x4 post in the ground and then another section of fence attaches to this.  If I chop the 4x4 post at the base how can I replace it.  Anyhelp would be much appreciated.  I am do not want to dig out the cement and and add a new post.  Hopefully someone will have a suggestion.  I hope to be a full time member of the spa community very soon.  Thanks to everyone for the help.  

Thanks,

Claude

Great Tub choice, go to your local fence contractor or call him. They make a neat little galvinized steel gadget that fits tightly over a 4x4 it's about 8-10 inches long and has a lip half way inside. You leave 4-5 inches of post sticking out of the concrete and drive this dealy on and screw it in place. Then you cut 1/2 inch off your old post and drive in into the top of the sleave and screw it in place. Should end up with the same height and can reassemble your panels so you can't even tell it's been removed.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 02:38:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42