What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: dream maker spas  (Read 5555 times)

mare

dream maker spas
« on: January 02, 2007, 04:16:47 pm »
I'm looking at a dreammaker x spa ....is this a good spa?  are they ozone ready?
thanks for any help you can give me....

Hot Tub Forum

dream maker spas
« on: January 02, 2007, 04:16:47 pm »

macejh

• 2005 Gulf Coast Rotunda
Re: dream maker spas
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 05:19:13 pm »
Im not that knowlegable but I have never heard of them.  I think youll have to get some specs on them before anyone can help you on it.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 05:42:36 pm »

Dream Maker Spas were designed for one reason, so everyone no matter
what income level or space restrictions, can enjoy hot therapeutic water
on demand!

From $1995 to $2995 Dream Maker Spas builds 7 models ranging from
4 to 6 person spas. The average weight of a Dream Maker Spa is 230 lbs.

They can be picked up and moved anywhere, on your deck, patio,
balcony, sunroom, dock, wherever you choose…All you need is a
110 v.– 15 amp outlet to enjoy your Dream Maker Spa!

Dream Maker Spas is one of the largest manufacturers in the world
producing 110 v. – 15 amp spas. This gives you the consumer the ability to
place a Dream maker Spa anywhere or take it on vacation with you.

http://www.dreammakerspas.com/plant.html

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 09:36:56 am »
I don't belive the dream maker spa is ozone ready.

When you ask "is this a good spa?"  I'd have to ask;  What is "good"?  What are your expectations?

Most quality spas that are discussed here run from $6K -11K. They are designed for semi-permenant installations, years of quality use (over 10), designed to be very energy efficent even outside in frigid temps,   and provide a very high end therapy/massage.

It's my pesonal impression  that the dream maker is a fully portable spa, is designed to easly moved about, and for a few grand provide a fun, social spa expericence that you may get a few years of seasonal (Warm) use out of.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 09:44:47 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 11:03:11 am »
I like Drewstar's reply.  What is your definition of good?

Are you looking for a high quality therapeutic massage?  If so, be sure to wet test any spa you consider.

Are you looking for hot water therapy?  All spas will deliver this.

Are you looking for long lasting, reliable, usage?  Hard to answer this with Dreamaker.  I'm not sure how long they've been around, but they have really hit the scene over the past 4-5 years.  Their product seems to be reliable.  I have not heard too many complaints.  

Just remember, you get what you pay for.  This is a cheap spa.  You don't get great comfort and you don't get great therapy.  But then again, when you wet test, you may find it is just perfect for you.

Keep in mind also, Dreamaker Spas do not have a heater.  This means heating time will be longer on both fill up and after usage.  They use a system that captures heat from the motor to heat the water.  This is not necessarily a bad thing.  Just something to be aware of and to consider.

Now, my pitch.  Both Caldera and Hot Spring make some inexpensive spas that will meet comfort and therapy needs.  Check out the Solana and Hot Spot series from Hot Spring and check out the Highland Series and Oasis spas from Caldera.  You may find something you like in your price range.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 11:04:52 am by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 01:34:37 pm »
 If your still around I would check out freeflow spas also if they are in your area, the thing with those types of spas are they generally are not bad quality wise but considered more of a price point spa.

Which equals, Hot water some decent jet action, pretty easy to maintain.  Just dont expect it to be a 5000.00 dollar spa and you will enjoy it for quite awhile.

mare

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 06:06:18 pm »
Thanks everybody!  i appreciate the help!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 06:06:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42