What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Power failuire in house, Sundance displays ----  (Read 2437 times)

BigK75

Power failuire in house, Sundance displays ----
« on: January 01, 2007, 11:07:02 am »
Hey Guys:

I just had a very short power failure in the house.  When I went out to check the hot tub (Sundance Optima) if reads ---- on the display.  I looked in the manual and it states its a watchdog and to contact the service provider.  What the hell is a watchdog and what if I was on vacation for a week or two, would I comeback to a frozen tub?  

I decided to turn the breaker on and off and that seemed to reset and now it seems to function.  I am worried I will have to have someone watch my house every second day in the winter.  This would be very inconvenient.  Any thoughts?

Claude

Hot Tub Forum

Power failuire in house, Sundance displays ----
« on: January 01, 2007, 11:07:02 am »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Power failuire in house, Sundance displays ---
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 11:35:29 am »
Hey Guys:

I just had a very short power failure in the house.  When I went out to check the hot tub (Sundance Optima) if reads ---- on the display.  I looked in the manual and it states its a watchdog and to contact the service provider.  What the hell is a watchdog and what if I was on vacation for a week or two, would I comeback to a frozen tub?  

I decided to turn the breaker on and off and that seemed to reset and now it seems to function.  I am worried I will have to have someone watch my house every second day in the winter.  This would be very inconvenient.  Any thoughts?

Claude

You did the correct thing.  Shutting the power for a few minutes allows the board computer to reset.  If everything is working fine, you should be set.

The watchdog shouldn't happen all the time.  My guess is the type of power failure that occured.  Most of the time it should just start back up.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 11:38:21 am by tony »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 08:04:13 am »
The watchdog indicates that there was a problem detected that required the spa to shut itself down for saftey reasons.  Could be a variety of issues.  In your case it's probably just the way the power went off.

Like Tony said, if you powered down and back up, and the tub went back to operations as usual, you should be good to go.  Maybe keep an eye on things for a week or so, just to make sure it doesn't kick off again.

Brewman

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 08:04:28 am »
Hey Guys:

I I am worried I will have to have someone watch my house every second day in the winter.  This would be very inconvenient.  Any thoughts?

Claude

You have a big tub of water, outside, in freezing weather.  It would be a good idea, no matter what brand of tub you own, to check it at least once a day.

And watchdog is a general error that pops up to save the spa in case the water gets too hot, or there is a power surge/brownout that exceeds the capacity of the board.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 08:04:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42