What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water Condition After Being Away 30+ days  (Read 5025 times)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Water Condition After Being Away 30+ days
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 08:46:55 pm »
2)  Always share   ;)
:o :o :o

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 08:46:55 pm »

Brookenstein

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 12:51:54 pm »
Ok, so yesterday I added a total of 5 TBS and a bit of MPS.  Today there is no FCL or MPS registering and the water is still a bit off.  I think Cam is having a few girls over for his birthday tomorrow for a hot tub party (another reason I didn't change the water yet)... so I'd like the water a bit more presentable.

Hmm, maybe I'll clean the filters.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 01:48:30 pm »
Ok, so yesterday I added a total of 5 TBS and a bit of MPS.  Today there is no FCL or MPS registering and the water is still a bit off.  I think Cam is having a few girls over for his birthday tomorrow for a hot tub party (another reason I didn't change the water yet)... so I'd like the water a bit more presentable.

Hmm, maybe I'll clean the filters.

Something is eating up your chlorine.  Rinse your filters, add more chlorine and filter, filter, filter.  It is the only way to clear your water.  A little clarifier may help, but you still have to filter that water to get it clear.

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 01:50:48 pm »
Brooke,

Sounds like you could hit it again with dichlor and MPS. Once you overcome whatever is growing in there you should get an FC reading. And MPS does a great job of oxidizing the cr@p out.

Obviously your TDS is going up with all this stuff so a water change will be in order soon probably. Another reason many would recommend just changing the water. Personally I would like to clean it up before dumping it so your new water doesn't start off contaminated with whatever is in the plumbing.

With no FC in the tub for possibly weeks you could have a lot of growth to kill, hence multiple shock doses of dichlor and MPS may be needed.

Steve

Brookenstein

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 02:32:20 pm »
Ok, I added 1 TBS, nothing... 2 TBS, nothing... 2 more TBS and I'm at 3ppm.  I only have 1 FCL test strip left, but I do have MPS strips.

I will probably change the water Thursday give or take a day.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 02:32:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42