What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ph and Bromine Levels out the roof  (Read 3023 times)

Venissa

• Proud owner of a Coleman model 461
Ph and Bromine Levels out the roof
« on: December 31, 2006, 02:52:40 pm »
Does anyone know what would cause PH to stay high even after I have used almost an entire bottle of PH decreaser?

Also, Bromine shows very high even though the bromine floater has been empty for over a week.  I havent put any in it because the level is so high......

I am confused..........
Don't throw away the old bucket until you know whether the new one holds water.

Hot Tub Forum

Ph and Bromine Levels out the roof
« on: December 31, 2006, 02:52:40 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Ph and Bromine Levels out the roof
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 02:57:19 pm »
Does anyone know what would cause PH to stay high even after I have used almost an entire bottle of PH decreaser?

Also, Bromine shows very high even though the bromine floater has been empty for over a week.  I havent put any in it because the level is so high......

I am confused..........

Bromine should dissipate over time but please be aware that a very high bromine level will cuase a false pH reading and make it look high also due to "bleaching". DO NOT ADJUST pH until your bromine is back into the 3-5ppm range. I'm going to guess you have VERY low pH now! :-/

Steve

Venissa

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 03:05:21 pm »
Wow......did not know that.......I cant figure out what would cause bromine to be so high when I havent used any in the tub for over a week......Bromine is usually low so I usually have to keep a couple of tablets in the floater at all times - but not now.

I will not add anymore PH decreaser until my bromine is under control so I can get a true reading.........you are probably right..........PH is probably at rock bottom even though it reads out the roof.

Thanks for the info!

Bromine should dissipate over time but please be aware that a very high bromine level will cuase a false pH reading and make it look high also due to "bleaching". DO NOT ADJUST pH until your bromine is back into the 3-5ppm range. I'm going to guess you have VERY low pH now! :-/

Steve

Venissa

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 03:06:47 pm »
By the way - what do you mean by bleaching?

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 03:06:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42